Dr. Andrew Weinberger MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology West Orange, NJ

December 24th, 2015
I want to make it very clear that we never got to see this doctor. In December, the next available appointment was in February. I made it very clear that my husband desperately needed to see the doctor because he was an amputee and needed his hand for transferring. He had experienced a gout attack and one of his hands was virtually useless; we had already visited emergency. I found the office staff (Marisol and Kelly) to be absolutely heartless. Kelly indicated most of our patients are in pain and also require special transport, so basically you just need to wait for the next cancellation. The office does not make any exceptions, but calls all the patients in order when an opening occurs. Heartless is not the word. In another office, the receptionist was so sweet, and indicated that she would do her best to fit us in, and she did. Dr. Weinberger, if you read this review, you need to train your staff in empathy. They were so cold-hearted.

July 16th, 2012
Dr. Weinberger put me on 9 alieve a day when I was first diagnosed with Ra. I now have acid reflux. He also told me after 4 years that there was nothing else he could do for me. I could hardly walk. I found him to be condescending. Would not recommend him to anyone.

September 3rd, 2009
Excellent Professional Care
I started seeing Dr Weinberger in 2001 when I moved here from California. There is really no waiting time in the office. He runs an on-time schedule and expects his patients to do the same. He is a caring, highly knowledgeable Rheumatologist. Over time I have met several other doctors who said that they respected and liked him and that they learned Rheumatology from him in medical school. He has managed to keep my 5 types of Arthritis at bay and for the most part relatively stable. He is through, takes his time, answers questions, and he listens.

February 21st, 2009
Dr, Weinberger reminds me of what a doctor should be...
After seeing another rh dr who drew an immediate diagnosis for my husband based on very little criteria and less exam time we went to see Dr. Weinberger...he had a long wait period for an appointment but when I told his assistant that my husband was suffering he opened up an appt the next day. He took a great amount of time in the exam and was very thorough. followed up with our primary dr, called consistently to determine progress, answered our calls and pursued to find the right answer to the problem for the right reasons...he is wonderful and a great example of why a person should go into medicine...