Dr. Andrew Winnefeld MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Grand Junction, CO

2.0

no change

March 3rd, 2017
I would NOT recommend Dr. Winnifeld to ANYONE. He is HIGHLY discriminative and if you mention any pain in your body he will automatically assume you are a "pill popper" seeking medication and spend your entire appointment accusing you of being an addict. He had to Google EVERY question I asked him. I haven't been to a doctor in years and decided to go in for a pain in my lower back that I assumed stemmed from an accident I had 20 years ago. I simply wanted an MRI referral to rule out the pain, and a referral to an acupuncturist to treat it. I was not seeking any medication nor did I ask for any. His response to my wanting an MRI was that it wouldn't matter what the MRI said because there's nothing he could do about it and then attempted to argue with me about wanting one. He had me bend over and touch my toes and diagnosed me as being "fine". After that appointment I spoke with several other doctors in the Grand Valley who suggested that I learn my rights as patient and that he should not be practicing. I have since had my MRI and they were able to determine that I had several degenerative disks and severe nerve damage. I am STILL not on any sort of pain medicines (by choice) but I have been getting treatment alternatively. I also went into my patient portal notes where he had diagnosed me as 'obese' during this appointment which apparently he decided and did not discus. I am not, and he also put in my notes that I suffered from 'migraines' which I had never experienced in my life. In the notes he failed to mention my original problem. Please do not go to this doctor for medical care, he is TERRIBLE.

January 15th, 2016
Do not see this Dr. for anything other than basic help, he has little to no knowledge or insight on health related issues.

April 15th, 2015
In pain? This doctor treats you like a drug seeker.
Terrible diagnostic ability. Doesn't care about patient's pain levels. Guy is a light weight.

March 17th, 2011
Mr
This physician gave the most cursory exams of any Dr I have ever dealt with. Plus, if you don't see him often enough to suit him, he will play ga ...