Overall Review

2.8

September 18th, 2015
Is stingy with prescription. Does not give refill on visit. Declines request for refill by phone from pharmacy even when urgent. Note that medication is topical, not near mouth, nose or eyes. Conclusion is evident.

July 10th, 2015
One of the rudest
Today, I was so appalled at the treatment of Dr. Woolrich and his staff that I literally had to stop everything I was doing to come online to post reviews to let other people know so that they would not waste their time on money seeing this horribly callous, rude, and greedy doctor. It doesn't often come a time when I am so compelled to stop everything I am doing to write reviews, but today this office and practice and Dr. have taken the cake! I have left phone messages over the past two weeks and received no response,no return phone calls and today, had to have my husband call them to actually get some sort of answer from them as to why they have not been doing the simple task of filling out necessary paperwork for my insurance to approve my prescription refill. It started off as a simple Rx refill with my pharmacy (not a new Rx refill, I had three refills left on the Rx he wrote me a few months back), then finding out that the prior authorization had expired, so the pharmacy faxed over the prior authorization document to my doctor (as they always have) and I waited and waited for a week with nothing- no response. When I found out -via my insurance company- that theDr. had still not finalized the prior authorization I have been calling them for over a week to find out why. After my husband calls them today (because they have not responded or bothered to return any of my calls), they tell him that the Dr. refuses to complete the paperwork, unless I come in for another co-pay/visit, and he's trying to change [my already completed prescription] to a lesser amount in order to manipulate me into having to come into his office to have it changed back to the original quantity! I was floored, I have never in my life had a Dr. to be so greedy as to try to hold my prescription refill hostage so that he can get his greedy hands on more money for an office visit! And for a previously existing prescription refill -not even a new prescription! And today when I was trying to find out why he was doing this, the rude girl on the phone literally told me she had better things to do with her time and ended the call. When I first came to this doctor it was only because my prior my doctor had stopped taking my current insurance, and I only needed a simple doctor so I could get my topical cream Rx, which I have been getting for over 10 years, filled. I knew that he seemed shady by his brusque and short demeanor (he never examined me or did anything other than ask me what prescription I needed), and by his clothing (he dresses like a wannabe gangster from New Jersey) not to mention his filthy (and seriously outdated office) and rude staff.

November 19th, 2014
I see him in Englewood, N.J.
I see him in NJ; In Englewood the wait time is shorter than NYC (10 min). He is pretty good, we get along and I like his borderline curt manor. He resolved my issues that another doctor could not. We all are different I liked my multiple experiences. I was there to get my rash fixed not to hang out with him. He did it! I was happy.

June 5th, 2013
Great
Fabulous Experience from staff to Doctor and follow up was awesome

June 15th, 2012
It's true that you can wait a long time in his office to see Dr. Woolrich but It's better earlier in the day before he gets backed up. That being said, I like him very much. He gives a complete exam and never rushes. He answers questions directly and has a good sense of humor. I've seen him for three annual exams and intend to continue with him.

October 11th, 2011
To the point dermatologist
I have been a patient for over 10 years and even though you have to wait and it is hard to get an appointment I would not go anywhere else. He is to the point and know his stuff.

September 27th, 2011
Incredibly Inconsiderate
AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS. He is completely inconsiderate and unprofessional. He made me wait 90 minutes for an appointment. While I was waiting, his lunch was delivered. It was incredible, really--SO rude. His staff is dour and sullen, and the office is filthy. AVOID. You can certainly do better. I'm just glad I learned of his inconsideration beFORE I allowed him to come near me with his scalpel.

August 12th, 2011
Nightmare
This doctor should not practice. He is very rude, he's not caring, and makes people wait unacceptable amounts of time.Horrible experience, I would never recommend him.

July 2nd, 2011
If you have to go to him... DONT!
he's horrible, the wait was an hour, the waiting area has 3 seats and is so cramped, my knees were hitting the door on the bathroom as i'm sitting on the toilet, after the hour he came in and gave me a diagnosis in one minute and as i was trying to explain what happened with my skin condition on the third word out of my mouth he told me to "WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR SKIN" I am not sure if he is on drugs himself, but don't practice medicine if you're not about the patient. I wouldn't call his diagnosis anything expertise, before i was referred to him my physician already told me that she definitely thinks that its this condition, showed me a website explaining how it happens and how it's treated and she had seen me on time, I never thought i'd mention to not see a DR in my life but honestly don't, unless you're tiny, and he has no appointments so that you fit in those 3 seats and that you come one hour later than your appointment and you want someone to not listen to you. I spent more time filling out the sheet with my name than he spent identifying my condition.

March 30th, 2011
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I WRITE A COMMENT OR RATE A DR, BUT THOUGHT THAT I SHOULD BECAUSE OF HIS NEGATIVE RATINGS. DR. WOOLRICH IS A WONDERFUL DR, YES HE DOES HAVE A WAIT BUT HE IS WORTH EVERY MINUTE. HIS DIAGNOSIS IS ALWAYS TO THE TEE.

July 1st, 2010
don't waste your time or copay
I waited 40 mins to see Dr. Woolrich to to have a 2 min examination. First of all he does not even put on gloves to examine me. In dermatology when you are seeing many patients a day with different conditions and you have direct contact with them, should you not wear gloves when touching their scalp or other areas of the face area? or at least wash your hands infront of your patient before examining them.In addition to that he didn't even wash his hands before leaving the examining room. Really? what if i had a contagious fugus growing on my skin and you just touched that door handle? Plus he didn't even give me the time of day to examine my condition thoroughly. I am not exaggerating when I say 2 minutes.I actually called the office back to see if the doctor would reconsider seeing me again for a more informative doctor's visit of my condition and they told me it would have to be another paid visit. How can they charge my insurance company and charge copay which is a significant amount of $40 to give your patient who waited 40 mins to examine them for only 2 mins without answering questions? Is he a doctor who really wants to see patients or did does he drag his feet to work to see as many patients as he can to make more $$$

June 30th, 2010
No Personalitiy
Dr. Woolrich cured my problem but he has the personality of a piece of wood. Very cold and sort of weird. I don't think I will be going back to see him again.