Dr. Andrew Youkilis MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Chesterfield, MO

December 13th, 2016
Very arrogant physician. Talks down to patients.... very humiliating

October 31st, 2016
Patient
Dr. Youkilis know exactly what my problem was he was very professional he didn't try to rush me through he fixed the problem I had a hernia disc pushing up against my spine he came and talked to me everyday that I was in the hospital he explained all the procedures and what to expect and I appreciate Dr. Youkilis I recommend him him and his staff did a awesome job

October 18th, 2016
Great
Amazing Doctor all the way around.

November 23rd, 2015
Dr. Youkilis is the Best. He performed surgery on my lower back two different times. I went to him with pain in my legs that I could no longer live with. After surgery, in both cases, my pain totally went away and I was back to work in 4 to 5 days. I recommend him to everyone I know with back pain.

May 4th, 2015
Dr Youkilis Is Awesome!!
Dr Youkilis is competent, compassionate and went above and beyond for me. He's a gift!

February 19th, 2015
Ego Issues, doesn't know how to read well.
Staff is great, but he has ego issues. A million blind monkeys beating on keyboard into webmd could have come up with better diagnoses. Doesn't know how to read a MRI well, because he missed the disc issue, even though it was in the report from another place. He kept reading the wrong one from the wrong date.

September 23rd, 2014
What A Joke
The staff at St Lukes were wonderful but Dr Andrew S Youkilis was was a huge let down. The only thing he seemed to listen to was the sound of his own voice. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting any of the other Neurosurgens but I wouldn't even recommend him to an enemy. Ego Ego Ego

December 27th, 2011
Professional, Efficient and Friendly
My spouse had a herniated disc and we not only got an appointment quickly but the surgery was done the following week. He explained my wife's MRI to us very thoroughly and we both felt confident about the upcoming operation. The little woman has shown great improvement in just 2 weeks and we have high hopes this trend will continue! Kudos!!!

September 9th, 2011
accurate but cold and short-tempered
He diagnosed me correctly (which one other respected doctor had not been able to do)even though he took 2 personal cell phone calls during the exam, and left the room once for several minutes. Although he apologized for leaving, he did not want to answer all my questions--gave me 3 minutes or less to make a life-changing surgical decision, and VERY little 2-way discussion of pros/cons, or long-term prognosis. When I tried to make a follow-up appointment to ask for more info, I was told my diagnosis and surgery plan have been offered; take it or leave it. I have heard he is not always this way, especially to men and important public figures, but that's how it was with me. I know he is considered (by nurses who have worked with him; I met one who told me this)quite competent, and in general just a somewhat distant or cool bedside manner, but not abusive or mean. Guess I got lucky (not), or you have to be the type of patient he prefers.

January 7th, 2011
Great before surgery. Great night of surgery. Partner awful morning after. Follow up fair. Months later felt blown off when complained of continuing pain. Office staff great.

September 13th, 2010
Impressive
Dr Youkalis performed brain surgery on my mother on two different occasions. He was very thorough both times. He shared information and made sure we had a good understanding of the situation. We never felt rushed or persuaded. He made sure all of our questions were answered. I feel he was always honest with us and made sure surgery was the best option. Follow up calls were made to check on my mothers status and how she was healing. He is an incredibly kind and gentle man; no inflated ego here. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

August 27th, 2010
bedside manner needs an overhaul
impatient and preoccupied. gave the patient (my mother) about 13 minutes, interrupted twice, once for personal reasons, yet was curt when I asked too many questions about the proposed surgery for my Mom. (I'm a Physical Therapist, so I go with my Mom to some medical appointments.)exam was thorough and his diagnosis was later confirmed by another doctor, but exam was very hurried, too, and tended to dismiss or interrupt anything said that he did not ask about himself. i felt the odds were high he'd be this way throughout my mother's care, and that made us move on, even though he appeared well-recommended and competent.