Jul 14th, 2016

The best Dr ever

What? She is amazing! show details What? She is amazing!
Jun 2nd, 2014

I am reading these negative comments about Dr. Stein in disbelief! I have never had anything but a positive experience in her office with her and her staff. The first time I went to Dr. Stein, she spent one hour with me discussing my history and getting to know me. She is always pleasant and helpful and is knowledgable about a rare disease that I have. Other doctors I have been to had to ask me what it was, but she knew right away. She makes sure that all of my shots, tests, and annual exams are up to date and makes suggestions if she seems something that I need to follow up on. I see her about every 4 months. The best part of my experience with her is that if I email her through MyChart, she answers back within a few hours with a response. When I have tests done, she gives me a full explanation of them within 24 hours of the tests. I find this so easy and I enjoy being able to communicate with her in this way...rather than calling the office, talking to a nurse, and then waiting for a doctor to call me back. I am sorry that others have not had a good experience, but I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone. There are sometimes reasons for people to have a negative impression and it is not always the fault of the doctor.

Poor judgement show details Poor judgement
by S, Tyler TX on Apr 28th, 2013

Poor marks for this doctor. Did not explain reasoning behind her treatment despite my concerns. I interjected several times during the office visit but she shrugged off my concerns. Several days later I suffered an adverse reaction to this new medication. Rather than try something else, Dr. Stein just increased the dose of the previous medication which of course exacerbated the side effects further. I was wrong to trust this physician's judgement - have already found a much more competent practitioner.

CR, Tyler tx show details CR, Tyler tx
by Poor care, missed heart disease symptoms on Mar 9th, 2013

Was unfortunately dissapointed with this doctor. I had 5-6 visits with her over several months. Had addressed my "dyspepsia" with antacids. Depsite my inistance that antacids werent releaving my symptoms, dr stein didnt really suggest any additional treatment or work up. Turns out my pain was actually not related to stomache but rather heart disease!! (which was diagnosed after I presented to ER with worsening symptoms). I will not be coming back to dr stein.

She was amazing! show details She was amazing!
Apr 11th, 2009

She was so comforting and caring.