Dr. Andy Abril MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Jacksonville, FL

2.6

May 25th, 2017
Good experience !
From my 1 experience, I would recommend Dr. Abril. I had a + ANA that was not borderline along with other abnormal tests and lots of symptoms. I had seen previous rheums who either misdiagnosed me or were not willing to help me as as "lots of healthy people have + ANA's" which I completly understand but I have symptoms. Dr. Abril looked at my pics and the symptoms I had during the exam and my previous labs and confirmed my suscipions and gave me my dx that day. I can not comment on his followup as Mayo is mainly a consulation center. When I did meet with him, he was personable and spent time with me. Dr. Abril also seemed knowledgable. I did have to wait awhile due to scheduling but that was not the fault of Dr. Abril and it was a fluke.

March 13th, 2016
Impressive diagnostic Dr.
Dr. Avril quickly and correctly diagnosed my wife's condition on her first visit with him at Mayp Clinic. My Doctors at Vanderbilt spent over a year and one half and still could not diagnose her properly. His follow up was impressive and concise. Yes, we liked him

September 26th, 2015
Don't even waste your time
Arrogant, close minded and misses important facts and obvious symptoms and makes the wrong diagnoses!

February 20th, 2015
See someone else at mayo
I have seen many rheumatologist and he was, by far, the worst. He did not have good answers to my questions and was literally not going to do anything for me except refer me to their pain rehab clinic. I expected so much more from a mayo clinic doctor!

January 24th, 2013
Emphatically do not recommend!
Contrary to what I had been told, my records were not reviewed prior to my two visits. I found the lack of communication between departments to be deplorable. Sat in hotel room for 4 days while waiting for MRI approval. Finally called my insurance company directly only to find out that the MRI had been approved 4 days ago! Dr. Abril's notes taken during my visit were mostly inaccurate. I made corrections and provided documentation supporting them, but, again, that was unread as well. Such a huge waste of time and quite a disappointing venture. Went for follow-up one month later in hopes that the prior visit was a series of isolated errors. It was worse! Took a nurse friend with me on the second trip. She was shocked by his arrogance and lack of attention. We both expected more from Mayo as a whole, but have had numerous docs express their own stories of disgust from Mayo Jacksonville. Total waste of time, effort, energy and expense. Received final doctor's report in the mail 6 months after second visit!! No kidding!!

August 13th, 2009
Very caring and considerate Md. He took the time to study the problem and send me in the right direction with my medical care.