Dr. Andy Dang MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 30th, 2016
Thyroid problem
A few years ago, I saw Dr. Dang for a problem with my thyroid. He was very professional. I had many questions which were answered to my satisfaction. I indicated that I didn't want to become dependent on any drugs. He reassured me that would not happened in my case, and he was right.

January 15th, 2015
Endocrinologist
I have hyperthyroidism and he was assigned at my endocrinologist. His assistant nurse is soo hard to get a hold of and if you dont answer when she calls you will never hear from her. Also when I have my monthly visits they last like 5min MAYBE ten if I have questions. Everyone says he is a really good doctor but we shall see

August 22nd, 2014
Don't waste your time or copay money!
This doctor had the WORST bedside manner. I had an appointment at 830 and he comes into the room at 9. When confronted for being late he asked "why are you yelling at me, I said sorry" I didn't yell at him and asked if his time is more important than mine. He was not sincere in apology at all. He asked me which of two medications I wanted, uh he is the doctor why is he asking me? While looking at side effects on phone he asked me if I am suicidal. What kind of a doctor asks that question without looking at the patient while asking such a question?

March 6th, 2013
Great Bedside manner and easy to relate too.
I found that Dr. Dang was right on with his diag. and was so very easy to speak with about my problem/s. He patiently listened, then accurately diagnosed my issued. The important issue is/was that he made me feel that he DID care and followed up on my case to make sure I was being treated with the utmost of care and made me feel that I can really trust this Doctor to be honest and forthright with me. Also, I liked him as a person, noticing that he looked me straight in the eye with what was kind of an embarrassing situation about Testosterone, or the lack thereof!! Otherwise I found him to know what he was talking about and I think he is a "good guy!"

February 21st, 2013
not going back
Had an emergency come up and knew I would not be in CA for my appointment (three weeks from when I called) She was CURT and I would say RUDE and said there are no other appointments and said goodbye. She did not try to help me reschedule so I will find another dr. with nicer staff. It seems the 2 times I went that they overbook and the dr. is very rushed and I could tell had not seen my reports before he brought them into the office. He told me I would give you a diet but you will never follow it...who needs that encouragement.

July 3rd, 2009
Not a fan...I'm switching
He did help me get approval for a medical device but it took a long time and he had to ask me how to fill out the paper work. He didn't seem to be up to date on new technologies and treatments for diabetes. He did not offer anything helpful or instructive and didn't do even basic things like check my feet or look at my blood sugar log or meter. I asked my other doctor for a suggestion and I'm switching docs.