inactive

Anelise M Engel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 4th, 2015
RIPOFF
Dr Engel is OK, not terribly bright. Her administrative staff however is terrible. I paid upfront for a package of 6 visits and The Miller Practice continued to bill me per visit. I spent numerous hours trying to get this sorted out with each staff member assuring me it was taken care of. However, I continued to be billed.

April 21st, 2015
I used to work for Dr Engel.. She was a great boss and a wonderful Dr.

February 4th, 2015
Dr. Engel is an excellent diagnostician! I have seen her for a number of years. She is smart, kind, no nonsense, responsive,...

November 1st, 2013
content patient
I've had Dr Engel as a primary care physician for many years now. I am luckily very healthy and mostly have been in just once a year for a physical. I do not have weight problems, although that is an area of special expertise for this doctor. I agree with others who emphasized that she seems caring and willing to take time with you: I am generally uncomfortable in medical situations, and appreciate not being rushed. Dr Engel has also referred me to other specialists on occasion, and they seemed qualified and pleasant as well. Her office staff is really great. It is a small but personable office.

February 9th, 2013
I would be dead if not for Dr. Engel
About 8 years ago, I was having some medical issues. I finally had medical insurance and searched for a primary care. I picked Dr. Engel out of a book; best pick I ever made. Dr. Engel cares for her patients. If not for her caring, I would be dead, my Mother, who is also her patient, would be dead. I recommedn Dr. Engel to friends, colleagues and strangers. None are disappointed. I had a conversation with a doctor, that she had referred me to. He said, that he sends his family to her for care. Best Dr. in NYC

January 21st, 2013
Great Doctor...Fabulous Office
I have been going to Dr. Engel for many years because she is a wonderful caring doctor and her office staff is incredible. Dr Engel takes the time to sit with you and to talk to you. She is always there when you need her. Her assistant Geraldine is fabulous.When I saw th couple of the negative comments I was at a loss. This practice is great....

October 26th, 2012
Please Avoid her!
She's an Ok doctor just wondering to get your insurance number and credit card. I do not recommend you visit her.

April 19th, 2012
Great doctor
I've been her patient for several years now and wouldn't think of going anywhere else. She is caring, competent and goes to great lengths to make sure me and my family are taken care of. Just saw a bad review here and can't believe it, not the person I know at all.

February 13th, 2012
Terrible
She doesn't care! All she wants is money and she'll do anything to get it - even if it's overbill you and/or your insurance company. She has mis-diagnosed and also overlooked major health problems because she thought I was exaggerating. WORST doctor in NYC. You should definitely go somewhere else.

February 1st, 2012
10+ years as a patient
I have been Dr. Engels patient for over 10 years. She has helped me control my asthma and improve my overall health. She has also helped members of my family with their weight loss efforts and modified their lifestyles so that the weight stays off. Unlike other doctors who rushed to examine you and send you on your way with a prescription, Dr. Engel sits and speaks with you before and after the examination to get the full picture. She checks to see if medications are covered by your insurance plan before writing the script and, if theyre not, she explains why she still recommends it. Its this personalization that keeps with returning to Dr. Engel every year for my annual checkups and everything else that comes up.

January 26th, 2012
My favorite doctor
She is caring and competent. After many years looking for the right doctor I was lucky to have found her. Now my whole family gos to her. She takes her time explaining what is going on and is very nice. Her staff is ecxellent! I highly recommend her.

January 26th, 2012
Excellent Primary Care Physician
First with the staff, her receptionist is one of the most caring persons, she takes her time with you on the phone makes sure that all your questions are answered. Second her Medical Assistant is the nicest, most competant individual and takes as much time with you as you need. she does everything for you and blood results are always called promptly. she is one of the most pleasant people i have ever came across in any medical office. Dr. Engel never, ever rushes you. You can tell her all your problems and she will look for a solution for all of them. She is always accurate in her diagnosis and i would definitely, DEFINITELY go back!!!