Dr. Angel Heredia MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Geneva, IL

3.4

May 22nd, 2015
parent
I totally agree with other review, way too much reliance on drugs, very detrimental to my kid (former patient of Dr H) back in the day! So much better therapy for developing children. Don't go to this doctor, he can't think outside his familiar box.

August 24th, 2014
mom
wow he over-medicated my kids. im not pro or against meds for psych reasons, but he's all for them. never saw sooo many pharma reps as in this guys office. every med was supplemented by another to address side-effects of the previous med. in the end my kids were on 6 meds for one and 8 for the other. yes, I smack my forehead, how did I let it get to this??? he uses meds off label and cross prescribes as smoothly as an Olympian ice skater on ice! now he's paired up with tim Wahlberg in Geneva and these 2 together are a dangerous mix! walhberg talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. he uses school districts to get access to kids on the spectrum, gets them into his office services, smack talks about how bad the schools are but then when he magically comvinces the school to pay to have him come to an IEP meeting he back peddles b/c its the dang school who pays his wages.. and unwitting parents till they catch on. he talks out of both sides of his mouth. OK, I digress, Heredia will medicate your child, that's his job. after 3yrs I took my kids to another psych and he explained the reason all the ADD meds weren't working for one of my sons is b/c guess what, he doesn't have ADD.. inattentiveness was a symptom of his aspergers, ADD meds weren't going to work for that. Heredia even put the kid on abilify and risperdol, all to control behavior thru pharma. these are SERIOUSLY SERIUOS meds!!! ya know what, the kid wasn't out of control, he didn't need anti psychotics, he needed school day adjustments and an aide (but lets not go there, schools.. grrrr) currently one kid is on just one med and the other is on 2.. my advice.. stay away from Heredia and his pal Wahlberg. I don't want anyone else learning the hard way like we did...