Family Physicians
1503 Buenos Aires Blvd
Ste 160
Lady Lake, FL 32159
352-350-6241
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  bad choice for a family md  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2014

I have found Dr. Tafur to be both rude and unprofessional. When I accompanied my husband to his appointment, Dr. Tafur failed to review my husband's lab results with him, failed to renew a prescription for a BP medication and refused to discuss my husband's medications with him. This last was particularly annoying since my husband had made a double appointment so that there would be time to do this. I told the office staff the reason for the double appointment and again told the nurse just prior to the appointment. When my husband started to ask about his medications, Dr. Tafur stood up and said that he didn't have time for this and that he had patients to see. He then left the exam room. I am an RN with a Masters degree and in all my years of practice, I have never encountered a physician who acted in such a rude and unprofessional manner.

|  This guy does not deserve to call himself a Doctor  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2013

This man might have the title of Dr. but that's about it. First of all any doctor that has to advertise in the local newspaper cannot be much of a doctor. I know mine does not. His bedside manner is atrocious. Recently my 78 year old father was on a hospital stay in The Villages Regional Hospital when Tafur visited him. His first words to me were "you need to get out". Being a daughter I was appalled at that. My parents wanted me there to help. I do understand the H.I.P.A. laws but his behavior was totally uncalled for. I was there because my father doesn't hear well and I wanted to help. Later on that same day I found out that he had also lied to other hospital staff members about what had happened. Over and above all of this I also could hear him talking with my mother and father like they were stupid and interrupting their every comment or question. I am not going to comment on his diagnosis or treatment because that too was inaccurate. I could go on and on but the bottom line is anyone reading this who might be considering hiring Tafur as their so called "doctor" should definitely look elsewhere for someone else who actually deserves the title.

Oct 11th, 2012

Did not seem to listen. Disregarded former physician's information.

|  caring  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

Dr. Tafur takes the time to explain whatever your concerns may be. You don't feel rushed or get the feeling he doesn't care. Very good doctor.

|  Wonderful caring doctor  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

One of the best experiences I have had in a doctor's office. My wife and I were looking for a new family doctor and we have found one.

|  excellent caring manner  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2011

Dr Tafur took his time and discussed with me all concerns that i had re: my health. He was extemely courtious and professional.

|  A former associate  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2010

I would have thought that you would have called me to see what went wrong.Hope you and Lauren are doing well.the staff at FP has had such a stuggle.Guess I thought more of you and our working relationship than what we ended up with.What happened to Dr. Avecilla? such a nice man and good Doctor.

|  The worst ever  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2010

This physician is the worst I've ever seen. No bedside manners, poor medical knowledge , and most important he does not care about his patients. Should not be allow to practice medicine.

|  Daughter of his patient  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2010

Dr. Tafur is the worst doctor. He was my father's doctor, and when he was in his care, after a minor operation, Dr Tafur had my father brought to Freedom Pointe in which he is on the board there. My father developed Bedsores from this place, but Dr Tafur was too busy to stop into see him or talk to him even when he was there many times all he did was walk around and not see his patients. My father was very sick from the bedsores and was dying, but Freedom Pointe still made him go to Therapy, let his wounds get worse and many other issues of negligence. When my father passed away, Dr Tafur lied on the Death Certificate and said he died of a blood disorder, not from the Bedores. Dr Tafur should be Ashamed of himself for taking an oath to care for his patients instead of the glory and money.

|  Wonderful!!!!!  |  show details
by Kelly Martinez on Jun 2nd, 2010

Dr.Tafur would have to be the best doctor I have ever gone to in the whole 68 years of my life!!!! I love you Dr.Tafur!!

|  Angry with this Doctor  |  show details
by JRG on Apr 14th, 2010

Dr. misdiagnosed a family member for over a year when she could have been treated for the illness that finally took her life.He is very opinionated and responds nastily if asked a question.He asked personal questions of me that had absolutely nothing to do with medical condition.Not a good Doctor in my opinion.

Feb 19th, 2010

This doctor stinks!

|  You misdiagnosed a terminal illness  |  show details
by ANGRY DAUGHTER on Dec 10th, 2009

Dr. Tafur, even after contacting your office staff before my mother's visit (and relaying our concerns and her symptomology) you STILL misdiagnosed a TERMINAL illness and sent her home with a multivitamin and told her she was just tired.On top of that, you diagnosed a urinary tract infection but did not dispense any antibiotics for it.SHAME ON YOU DR. TAFUR FOR COSTING A WOMAN HER LIFE.

by Claudia Urfirer on Jun 9th, 2009

He is kind, honest and always willing to talk and listen to his patients.

|  excellent  |  show details
by Mrs. Hellen Rigsby on Feb 7th, 2009

perfection is his middle name.