inactive

Angela D Flippin-Trainer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 9th, 2015
Comforting Experience
LOVE Dr. Flippin-Trainer. Sometimes it's difficult to get through to the office by phone, but her bed-side manner is terrific. She takes the time to listen, and I trust her!

April 19th, 2014
How does Angela Flippin-Triainer Sleep at Night?
She's the worst!! Unfortunately, we lost our son through miscarriage, and she added so much more trauma to the already devastating experience. I hear she isn't allowed to practice anymore, as several women died under her care. I don't know how she sleeps at night. Unbelievable.

January 23rd, 2012
Would not recommend
I chose Dr. Flippin-Trainer because she is pro-life, but I would NOT recommend her to anyone. She forgot to order the Rogam shot during my 3rd pregnancy and then denied it to the labor and delivery nurses. She was hardly present during the birth, even though I had paid an extra $500 to have her available at all times because I had previously had a c-section. My wonderful nurse did all the work- right up to having me start pushing! I do credit Dr. Flippin-Trainer with managing to turn the baby so that I could have a successful VBAC. Throughout my treatment by Dr. FT and following birth, she was IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with. She has only one person working with her, does not return phone calls, and ignored my requests for medical records. I was distraught over the failure to order the rogam shot, and could not get in touch with her to find out the results of the RH antibody test following delivery. I never even went back for a 6 week check-up. I finally got her to return my calls when my baby was 9 months old by calling the hospital to complain about her.

June 3rd, 2011
Inexperienced and uncaring
I delivered my first child with Dr. Flippin and I have to say I was very disappointed. I knew she was a woman of faith (the reason why I chose her), but, unfortunately, that did not come out in her treatment of me as a patient, which was no different than any non-religious physicians: little communication (impossible to contact her outside office visits, would not give out her cell phone, rarely replied emails), no follow-up (did not even check my c-section incision a few weeks after the operation), no going beyond the minimum level of care (examining me in the maternity ward hallway, for instance, rather than in private). But what was really scary was her recklessness at my delivery, this really should be a red flag for her potential patients. She failed to identify fetal distress in my baby, even though I was leaking a lot of meconium. He had the cord wrapped around his neck twice, and she only realized this as she was doing the c-section, which she performed upon my request. The baby was ultimately fine, but he was unnecessarily exposed to hours and hours of distress, a situation that could have been easily avoidedOverall, I didnt feel confident in her competency as a physician at my delivery or before that and would not recommend her to others.

March 20th, 2011
Dr. Flippin was my obstetrician I used for my first pregnancy. She was always so concerned, kind and reliable. It has been a few years now since I've seen her (i moved out of tallahassee), but if I ever make it back....I'll go back to her. A very, very sweet lady with a beautiful soul. I recommend her to anyone!

March 18th, 2011
Medical Malpractice?
Dr. Angela Flippin Trainer punctured my bladder with an instrument during a routine bladder lift procedure, causing me much pain and suffering throughout the entire ordeal. Dr. Angela Flippin Trainer will not own up to her mistake and compensate me for lost wages and medical expenses I have incured due to her incompetence. Throughout this entire ordeal I have felt abandoned by Dr. Angela Flippin Trainer whom in my opinion is an amateur, and should be avoided for procedures such as my surgery.

December 3rd, 2009
very bad doctor very un organized and never answers the phone not enough staff would not reccommend her to anyone!!!! and i know from personal exprience she delivered my first child and it was VERY bad expreience!!!!

November 30th, 2009
Angela Flippin-Trainer was a great doctor to me throughtout my pregnancy, I was comfortable and well cared for. I was given an emergency cecerian at the birth of my child which yielded some complications, at which time I was not made aware of them, I feel that its my body and my decision to weather these complications are anything to worry about. Although she made a consious decision to decide for me that ot only did I not need to know what happened but that that I would never be told anything other than its nothing for you to worry about. I made it through the delivery and myself and my child are fine. I did have some reservations about choosing her for my second childs delivery, because of this, but in the end she is the best choice for me and my family. As I feel she does have our best interests at heart!

March 15th, 2009
Dr. Flippen trainer is an angel
I would recommend Dr. Flippen-trainer to in a heartbeat.I have 11 children (plus one in heaven), so I have been 'around the block' so to speak when it comes to OBGYNS...I've had 'good' and 'not so good' OB's, but Dr. Flippen-Trainer transcends them all.She puts her heart and soul in everything she does with her practice, and anyone who goes to her doesn't get just a doctor, they get a real friend.