Dr. Angela Merrifield MD Patient Reviews

2.9

• Good
  • Bad

March 28th, 2013
I have been a pt. of Dr. Merrifields for 14 years. She is a great doctor as long as nothing is wrong with you and you are just using her for you annual physical and well check. However, if you ever have an actual illness or problem she is not who you want as your MD. Last year I never heard or received any results from my labs -so after 3 weeks I went to the office and requested a copy. Several of my labs were off so I left a message for her to call me to discuss them. 5 days later she finally called me and told me not to worry I was only borderline anemic and to take a multi-vitamin. When I told her I had been doing that for the past 20 years she said oh - well don't worry. When I explained I had a very strong family history of auto-immune disorders including a type of anemia and would like another lab drawn to test she said she didn't see any need for that. Most recently I have been having another problem so I made an appt. to discuss it with her. She basically laughed at me, told me what I was experiencing was normal for my age and treated my like a drug seeker - in my entire time of being her pt. I have never asked for any medications or have any history that would cause this. I thought when you were in pain and had the MRI to prove why you were in pain your MD would treat you and help you, not Dr. Merrifield. She told me I would be wasting the specialist time and sent me on my way. I will not be returning to this MD and recommend anyone with actual medical issues find another MD. If your young and healthy and don't need to be treated for anything she is great

November 28th, 2012
I have been going to her for around 10 years. A few years ago I called her office to see if I could be seen that afternoon because I was so sick. I had an infection under my arm, my temp was 102, throwing up, etc. She and her nurse actually stayed after hours till I got there so I could be seen. It turns out I had a staff infection that I was sent straight to the hosiptal and admitted for. How many times have you heard of a doctor waiting for you to get there like that? My whole family sees her now. She is a great doctor.

May 11th, 2012
I was taking a thyroid medication prescribed by another doctor who I left because the drive was too far....she said that if I wanted to take THAT medication I would have to find another doctor...even though she'd been prescribing it for me for a while...needless to say I DID find another doctor. I think she's crazy!

February 28th, 2012
Now what do I do?
I have been going to Dr. Merrifield for over 10 yrs. I think that she is a nice lady, but when I went to her in 2007 I had some concerns with swelling and being sick at my stomach.She ordered ultra sound and blood work. When I went back to get my report from her she stated that I had kidney stones (small) nothing to worry about. I also had liver and my spline was enlarged, which was causing my stomach from swelling. Nothing was said about that just to lose some weight. After that I went to her for check ups,or follow ups from the hospital. As for 2008 I'm still having the same symptoms swelling bad that I ended up in ICU on life support. I looked like the Elephant Man. I was diagnosed with bad allergies one which was peanuts...I stopped eating certain foods and still having the same problems but worse. I got very sick and had no energy, very weak. I thought that I might have had the flu. I went to a doctor done labs and he called me the next day to tell me that my blood was so very low that I was admitting to the hospital that day and had to have 18 UNITS OF BLOOD! Can you believe that! My blood was not building back up so that called in a Hematology group they ran their test and found that I had Cancer of the Spline it was enlarger and the size of a watermelon and MY CANCER was in STAGE 4, and that I have had it for 3 or more years, they also stated that if Merrifield had followed up with the spline we would not be having this conversation I am in my second round of Chemo now. The cancer is in my spline my blood,my bone marrow and in my lymph node's. Now would you see Merrifeild now?

September 30th, 2011
love love her
I LOVE DR MERRIFIELD. SHE HAS BEEN MY DOCTOR FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND I WOULDNT SEE ANYONE ELSE. ACTUALLY SHE IS THE FIRST DOCTOR I HAVE KEPT FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS, BEFORE HER I BEE BOPPED AROUND TO URGENT CLINICS ETC... BECAUSE I COULDNT FIND A DOCTOR I WAS HAPPY WITH, SHE IS SO INTERESTED IN HER PATIENTS WELL BEING, AND TAKES GOOD CARE OF ALL OF HER PATIENTS, SOME PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS HAVE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS, SOME PEOPLE CANNOT BE MADE HAPPY, I DONT BELEIVE ANY NEGATIVE RATING TOWARD HER..

July 13th, 2010
The best Family Physician
Dr Merrifield is the best dr I have ever seen...she was my primary care physician for about 15 years and still would be if we had not moved away! She is very thorough and is always willing to listen to her patient. She is kind, caring and determined to find the problem if it means sending you to a specialist, she will not hesitate to do so. The only problem I ever had was once the receptionist failed to notify the nurse that I was there, and I waited for over 2 hours, but once the nurse was notified, I was immediately called back and seen by Dr Merrifield. She is a very intelligent, caring and overall wonderful person as well as a doctor.

May 8th, 2010
Although the office is clean and in a nice location, I was VERY disappointed! She was out-of-date with her information on my condition (I knew more than she did!) and instead of saying, "I don't know" tried to tell me symptoms were due to stress or depression. Not to mention, I waited over an hour! Definitely do not recommend!

August 2nd, 2009
I was treated very rudely by Dr. Merrifield's office help and then by Dr. Merrifield herself. My daughter had just turned 18 and didn't feel comfortable seeing a pediatrician anymore. She needed a physical exam before heading off to college. Dr. Merrifield was one of the few family practitioners in my provider directory who was accepting new patients. I called and made an appointment for my daughter. The day before the appointment, I called to verify, which I always do with any health care professional. There was no record of the appointment! I couldn't understand how that could happen, as I had documented the date, time, and name of the person who had made the appointment. They were not willing to provide me with an answer and were incredibly rude. I asked to speak to Dr. Merrifield. When she got on the line, she hung up on me almost immediately. All I wanted was an explanation of why my daughter's appointment wasn't on the schedule. They owed me an apology. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, as she and her staff are clearly lacking in good manners and respect for others.

June 17th, 2017