Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Buckhead Forest
Peachtree Gynecology
1800 Peachtree St NW
Ste 650
Atlanta, GA 30309
678-539-5980
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Shocked At Other Postings  |  show details
by Tatiana V. on Apr 28th, 2014

I am blown away by the two preceding reviews of Dr. Paas. After years of searching for an OB/GYN that I could truly love, I found Dr. Paas. Friends of mine in downtown Atlanta had sung her praises but lamented the fact that she had relocated to Marietta/Kennestone. Initially, I dismissed the idea of traveling that far to see a doctor even though I had complained for years of not finding a good one. Once I finally decided to make the 50 mile drive, I was blown away. All of the accolades didn't begin to surmise how wonderful, patient, and caring a doctor this woman is. I was blown away. She took so much time with me. She answered all of my questions and was never condescending. She made me feel like for those few minutes we were together that I was the most important person in the world. This is what I had always hoped for in a doctor. I left that day kicking myself that I had not heeded the advice of my friends and gone to her earlier. Herein lies the most confounding aspect of the prior reviewer's commentary. After finally getting pregnant, I, too, had my membranes stripped but was thoroughly and attentively educated on how and why it was being done. Dr. Paas let me know that such a step is done, and only done, when there is need to do so and in my case, after 40 weeks, it was absolutely appropriate. I cannot believe for one moment that she would haphazardly strip a patient's membranes as callously as the prior reviewer stated. That would be completely inconsistent with what I, and my friends, have experienced with Dr. Paas. I would simply ask when reading the prior reviewer's commentary to consider the sophomoric attacks she cast upon Dr. Paas. In my experience as a litigator, when a person of limited capacity desires to volley an argument but possesses neither fact nor functional oratorical skill, the result is something as childish as, "I would not recommend this Dr to a pregnant dog, let alone another thinking human being." My request to any reader is to factor this into your analysis before offering much credence to her commentary. I am sorry that this woman had a negative experience but when it comes to Dr. Paas all I can say is that I will never feel compelled to look for another doc and she has me until I am old and gray. Thank you, Dr. Paas.

|  complete disregard for my wishes.  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Paas since the end of my first trimester (apr. July 2013) . I would consider myself fairly well informed and therefore only had a few questions as a first pregnancy, however the few times I did have questions the answers were always very short, almost snotty. Now here at the end of my pregnancy despite having NO MEDICAL INDICATION for an induced labor she is trying to force one on me. Yesterday at what will be the LAST TIME I see her she "stripped" my "membranes" without giving me the ability to make an informed consent. She did not explain that it was a way to induce labor, that I would be in unbearable pain the rest of the day, or that she could have very easily introduced an infection into my placenta. I would not recommend this Dr to a pregnant dog, let alone another thinking human being

|  Bad doctor  |  show details
by l.A. on Nov 19th, 2013

In June 2013 my regular OBG doctor relocated to Boston and dr Pass took her place. I went to see her the very first time because I had severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomit which landed me at the ER a couple of days before my appointment. Her first greeting words were: what can I do for you today? I explained to her what just had happened to me; she reviewed my medical file and said: you are too young, you have been scanned a hundred times and I don't think there is nothing wrong with you. She said you probably just had a stomach virus. I can schedule an ultrasound for you in 2 weeks but I don't think there is nothing wring with you. I left her office very disappointed. I couldn't believe that someone in the medical field would communicate so poorly to a brand new patient. A month later I had the same symptoms and ended up at the ER again. I was advised to see an OBG immediately. After an extensive search I found a good doctor that was willing to look further into my problem. The new doctor performed a laparoscopy that confirmed that I had stage 4 endometrosis so severe that my organs were sticking together. The case was so bad she recommended a hysterectomy. Although it was a hard desicion; we decided to move forward with it since my husband and I are were done having kids. I am now ok but feel the need to let people know that doctor Paas was not a good listener, she had poor bedside manner and I will stay away from her. Who wants a doctor that doesn't take the time to look into your symptons and looks at you as if you are crazy??? There are way too many doctors in Atlanta that will be happy to help. I found one and I hope you do to.

|  show details
Jan 31st, 2013

Dr. Paas is by far the best doctor I have ever had. She truly cares about her patients. She went above and beyond to make sure I had the correct medical treatment and follow-up was prompt. I will never switch to another gynecologist as long as she is in the Atlanta area.