Dr. Angela Miller DO Patient Reviews

3.6

October 21st, 2015
Awesome
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Miller. She is classy, down to earth and cares about what you say. She has great suggestions and is absolutely awesome.

August 20th, 2015
The practice operates so inefficiently, it is borderline unethical!

December 10th, 2014
12/11/15
Excellent Dr with time to listen and good diagnosis. I have been to her for over two years and find her the best Dr Primary G P I have ever had.

December 31st, 2013
Very disappointed
My GP retired and I researched for a new one as I have had asthma, respiratory, bronchitis, and pneumonia issues for 37 years with occurrences averaging more than once per year. I met with Dr. Miller in advance of an episode so that I could be assured of having a doctor who knew my history and would be prepared to treat me as needed. Little did I know that only 10 days later, I'd have a severe bronchitis attack with a bit of pneumonia. At that time, Dr. Miller was not in so a Physician's Assistant was only available to see me after running a fever up to 103 for three days (over a weekend) and severely labored breathing. I clearly explained how my previous doctors treated me and that I was in need of a breathing treatment, as it always works better for me than an inhaler when so ill. He refused to give me a simple treatment and told me to use an inhaler instead. I again explained that when I reached such a state, inhalers do not work. I've have these issues at least 50 times so should know what works and what doesn't. It wasn't like I was asking for a controlled substance for goodness sakes, just a simple breathing treatment. Rather than listening to me, he started asking me about PAP smears and all the other annual type tests. I was so ill and fed up with not being listened to about the care I knew I needed and had received at least 50 times, that it began to get contentious between us. At this point, he asked me if I was in menopause, having a hot flash, or needed to see a psychiatrist! Seriously. This young, male, PA treated me like I must be having a menopausal moment or was crazy rather that listen to what I was saying. I was appalled by such an assumption and walked out. Talk about uneducated dismissive treatment of a female by a male. I continued being very ill for days until a friend referred me to her ENT, who sent me directly to a pulmonologist, who not only gave me a breathing treatment within minutes, but also explained that the delivery of the medication through a breathing treatment reaches deeper into the lungs than if using an inhaler. He even gave me a prescription for my own breathing machine. With the help of it, it is now 10 months since I have had an issue. So after incurring an additional $500 in medical fees following the rude, dismissive, and ineffective treatment by Dr. Miller's PA, I asked to have the charges for seeing the PA written off. I asked multiple times and sent a detailed letter to Dr. Miller about what happened. Dr. Miller would not waive these fees. This is where I fault Dr. Miller. After experiencing such poor care which was substantiated by the treatment I rec'd from the ENT and pulmonologist, she would not waive the fees for the visit to the PA resulting in me paying a total of nearly $700 for treatment which should have cost only around $200 if properly done. This is her business and she should ensure that her patients are treated appropriately and not be dismissed as a grumpy, old, menopausal woman. Instead, her staff should be taught the value of what patients know about their recurring and chronic illnesses because we do know more than a young PA not long out of school. Sadly, after initial positive impressions, I cannot consider such treatment acceptable and will never return to or recommend treatment by Dr. Miller or her staff.

May 10th, 2011
I love the staff at the Aliso Viejo office!
I have not yet met with Dr. Miller, but have been so blessed to be working on my health improvement and maintenance issues with her Physician's Assistant, Jessica Swierczek. I call her my "health coach." I have never had a better experience with a doctor's office. The staff is helpful, encouraging, and efficient. After years of excellent health, I hit middle-age and menopause, and multiple issues arose. In a few short months, all issues have been resolved through multiple means (medicine, vitamins, nutrition, weight loss, etc), and I'm feeling fantastic and full of energy.

December 23rd, 2010
A breath of fresh air
I have been to the same Doctor prior to Dr. Miller for years. In my first visit, Dr. Miller took 25 minutes with me actually asking me in depth questions, getting to know me and being very personable. You have no doubt after a visit with her that she cares about what she does, and is very pasionate about patients. You do not feel like a number, which is highly unusual in a succesful practice. She is very thorough and identfied simple improvements for me that invovled natural hormones and vitamins. She is amazing.

December 21st, 2010
I really like Dr. Miller
She has a great spirit and frankly is the first doctor who has helped me to lost some weight. She read my bloodwork differently that my other doctors and really listened to me when I told her that I eat healthy and just have a hard time losing. She has me more balanced out and less hungry and consequently I have been losing weight slowly but surely. I have recommended her to a few of my friends. Her office is happy and bright, her staff is great. I am very happy that my other doctor quit taking my insurance because this is how I found her.

January 23rd, 2010
A Great and Kind Doctor
The reason I did not rate every item as Excellent is because my medical plan puts restrictions on how a doctor and their staff may dispense care. SCAN limits the time spent with patients and requires that everything be handled within an office visit. If a problem arises and you can't get an appointment quickly, the issues can not be handled with a phone message or FAX.