Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
19450 Deerfield Ave
Ste 175
Leesburg, VA 20176
703-858-5454
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Rayanne Johnson Vaughn on May 12th, 2014

After having a previous back surgery and then eventually losing the use of my left leg. I pursued another doctor to get a another opinion on how to proceed. Dr. Angela Santini and team helped me with thorough analysis to ensure every possible option was considered. Once it was confirmed another surgery was needed, I was completely impressed with the level of professionalism, concern and thoughtfulness I received. Dr. Santini was fantastic and really listened to what I had to say. I had the second surgery and was able to meet all the goals Dr. Santini and staff had said I would within the timeframe given. I couldn't be happier with the way I was treated, and whenever I need to follow-up with Dr. Santini's nurse Janet, it has been without question the best experience by far. Janet exceeds my expectations every time I contact her! Thank you all for making the best out of a not so fun situation.

|  Spine Surgery (Decompression)  |  show details
by Charlie R. on Apr 4th, 2014

I cannot express gratitude enough for the oustanding care and service provided by Dr Santini and her entire staff. No words can convey how painful a compressed nerve can be. After a prompt diagnosis, Dr Santini first attempted to see if Physical Terapy could potentially reduce the pain. Once it was determined that PT was ineffective, we scheduled surgery. I was happy to experience that surgery was NOT the first recommendation. Immediately after surgery, the pain in my lower back, buttock, and entire left leg was gone. Dr Santini followed-up the day after surgery and spent all the time I needed to ask the myriad of questions I had. I never felt like she was eager to leave, and she was thorough in her explanation of the post-surgery experience, expectations, and follow-up. Her staff members are outstanding, knowledgable, and courteous. Thank you to Dr Santini, Janet, Matt, and everyone else at the Virginia Spine & Sports Orthopaedic practice. You have all made my quality of life dramatically better. Charlie

|  A Decisive Professional  |  show details
by Cliff Williams on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr. Santini performed a discectomy on me in the summer of 2012. The surgery went well. I may have to proceed with L5 fusion surgery, and I will want her to be my surgeon.

|  Very happy with Dr. Santini and staff!  |  show details
May 6th, 2013

Great staff. Very organized. Only a 5 - 10 minute wait for each appointment and well worth it. Dr. Santini is very personable and straight forward. She will be operating on my neck soon and I'm very confident with her abilities.

|  love the office  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

Dr. Santini is very caring and even when something unrelated to my back disc issue was found on my MRI, she explained what was seen and got me on the right track to an oncologist. Thank you thank you thank you.

Sep 6th, 2012

This is my first time visit and i had come to visit the doctor in my break time. My appointment was at 1.00 and doctor came at 2.00. I completed all my papers at home and still i was waiting outside for 30 minutes and 30 minutes inside the room. I had to open the door and told the Nurse practice nor that i have been waiting for 30 minutes inside. When Doctor came in she didn't even apologize for being so late. I am not going back to her again.

|  So Glad I Selected This Doctor  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

Dr. Santini and the staff are friendly, professional and accomodating. Any question or issue I had was addressed promptly, without delay, and with a level of respect rarely experienced with other physicians. I know I am in good hands with Dr. Santini.

Aug 1st, 2012

Fabulous experience with your office staff! Thank you! :)

Jul 3rd, 2012

Great doc. Direct, easy to talk to.

Jun 6th, 2012

It is wonderful to be painless and able to move more like a normal person. Thanks!

|  Caring  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

Dr. Santini actually hears and addresses your concerns. It was refreshing! I've already scheduled a follow up appointment.

|  On point  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

Dr. Santini was efficient and to the point. She made an accurate diagnosis and had me scheduled into physical therapy the next day.

|  Expert in the field  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Dr. Santini addressed all of my concerns and did a great job of explaining exactly what she thought was going on and her recommended options for my injury. With her knowledge and expertise, I knew what to look and listen for during my visit with her and was very impressed

|  Completely Relaxed  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

They went to great lengths to make sure I was completely relaxed and comfortable the entire time.

Mar 21st, 2012

glad to be pain free. After seeing other Dr's who blew me off, saying nothing was wrong, she diagnosed me with an inflammatory issue. With some meds and physical therapy for 4 weeks I feel like a new person. Thank you Dr. santini for taking my pain seriously and helping me move freely without pain.

|  I would recommend her practice.  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

Dr. Angela Santini conducted two surgeries on me and I have had no subsequent problems with either procedure. She is punctual, competent, and thorough. while she is not the most gregarious of physicians, she is also not a sales person so you do not walk away with the feeling that you are being "sold" on a procedure that you may not need. Her practice arranges for any elated procedures or tests to take place on the premises for the convenience of the customer. I would recommend her practice.

|  Everything was great  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

Everything from making the appointment to the gentleman that checked us in first to Dr. Santini to exit was great! We recommend you guys!

|  Excellent office  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

Excellent office to receive treatment. Everybody is so professional and courteous. Highly recommended for any orthopedic needs.

|  Friendly staff ALL of the time!  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

The staff here is always friendly! Janet is great she makes sure the office is running well and that the appointments are being scheduled correctly. As soon as I walk in I am greeted and there is always a smile on everyone face. This is truly a great office.

|  Efficient and all worth the wait  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

My overall experience with Santini Angela is very efficient with one doctor and 3 support personnel. I don't mind at all for the wait in the lobby after my appointment because it is all worth it. The manager Janet is very charming.

Jan 27th, 2012

As an athletic trainer, I know the stresses that an athlete goes through after injury to get back in the game. I never thought I would have to do the same until I tore my ACL. The here, from the front desk to the physical therapists were all great at reassuring me every step along the way. The minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery was a breeze and I was back on my feet the same day! Now, just a relatively short time from initial injury and I am stronger than ever! Thanks Dr. Santini!

|  Too much wait time, too little exam time  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2012

Saw her in Dec. 2011. The wait is beyond acceptance - over 35 mins. once you are actually in the examining room. Very cursory exam, wouldn't return to her.

Dec 5th, 2011

Dr. Santini is wonderful. Very knowledgable and a skilled surgeon. She helped me get my life back after a back injury.

|  Best DR I have seen in years  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

After blowing out a disk lifting weights I was left in devastating pain, with an inability to bend over, walk correctly or much else. I thank God she got me in her practice, diagnosed and fixed the problem in two days. A GREAT Dr and a GREAT experience (though I would not want to repeat it).

|  Mr. Smith  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

Wow, she really know's what is what! I had been to two other doctors for my back pain and she was the only one who figured it out. I am doing much better and wish I had made her office my first stop.

|  Would NOT recommend Dr. Santini  |  show details
by Leesburg patient on May 10th, 2011

I had two appointments with Dr. Santini - the first being the initial consultation. I waited 45 minutes to be seen. Dr. Santini spent 5 minutes with me, and did not have time to answer questions. She rushed me out of the exam room and said she could answer questions at the next appointment. The next appointment - to review the results of an MRI - was a debacle. I was left alone in an exam room for 30 minutes after waiting 15 minutes in the waiting room. That is unacceptable. Just as the doctor's time is valuable, so is the patient's time. I had to leave the office without being seen, without any explanation of the MRI. I've also not received any follow-up call from Dr. Santini's office. I was very disappointed in the lengthy wait time (on 2 separate office visits) and the lack of attention and detail from Dr. Santini. I would not recommend her.

Nov 15th, 2010

From Xrays, it was determined that I had 3 herniated disks (L4-L5-S1) in my back. Dr Santini prescribed pain medicine and an anti-iflamatory. After 3 days of still intense pain, I went back and she prescribed (upped the dosage) of more pain medicine and anti-inflamatory and prescribed physical therapy to include traction; this went on for 2 more weeks and 3 additional visits (3 days a week PT) and a nerve conduction test, all the while, I was still in intense pain. During the 5th visit (having had no decrease in pain, she started talking about surgery. I told her that I was going to seek a 2nd opinion, which I did. During my 5 visits to Dr Santini, I don't think she spent more than 2 minutes with me on any occasion; she came in, asked how I was (I told her intense pain) and she wrote a perscription. I went to the VA Spine Institute where I seen by Dr Shuler (with a physician's assistant) for over an hour. He sent me directly to PT for 1 hour and then spent another 15-20 minutes with me and decided on a foraminal (sp?) injection, vice surgery. The injection immediately took the pain away; all he prescribed was an anti-inflammatory for 60 days. It has been 19 months since the injection and I'm doing fine.

|  NO Bedside manner  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2010

Dr. Santini rushes through patients and brushes them off. She said nothing was wrong with me and gave me a shot in my back, which I had a horrible reaction to and a lot of pain with, and left the room right after without telling me anything. I have since seen another doctor and was diagnosed and given multiple treatment options. This person explained everything to me and let me ask questions. Dr. Santini has no care for patients and takes no time with them. She is all about the money

|  GREAT Doc...  |  show details
by Philip Brandow on May 18th, 2010

After seeing another Ortho Surgeon for my back for two years I went to see Dr Santini. She set up an alternative therapy approach and reduced the amount of pain killer I was taking. Felt so good I tried to shovel snow last winter, but then one day could barely walk and realized I could not function sexually. Something was REALLY wrong.Dr Santini immediately operated and I feel better than ever. I can now function with no problem, walk and have lost 30 lbs. My opinion is she performed a miracle.

|  Great care  |  show details
May 5th, 2010

I have gone to Dr. Santini for both rotator cuffs and some other issues. She is professional, friendly, learns and knows her patients, and truly takes good care of them.

|  Wants to rush into surgery $$  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2009

Even before taking an MRI of my back she was talking about back surgery. I have a mild herniated disk and the pain has gone down significantly with physical therapy. I got a second opinion from another doctor and he completely disagreed with her opinion.

|  reassured  |  show details