Family Practitioner, General Practitioner, Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Frustrating Experience show details Frustrating Experience
Mar 18th, 2015

I have never had a more frustrating experience. After having swollen glands/thyroid for over month I decided to get checked out, I was overdue for a physical anyways. I got childcare for 2 of my 3 children, woke my son up early from his nap and went in. I had to wait almost an HOUR to see the dr (mind you, I was the ONLY person in the waiting room the entire time I was there), after I I told them I needed to leave soon, my childcare was ending. Dr races in rushes through a super brief discussion with me...5 minutes, I have to leave. I was hoping it was a fluke, signed up for patient portal as they suggested, sent a LENGHTLY email with loads of questions that I had since I did not get the time to ask them in my appt. NEVER heard back. Then 4 or five months later, I get a $300 bill. Of course I am wondering what in the heck I am being charged for. No one knows why my email was not answered. I am on call #3 now to try and resolve this bill, and still no response from dr. The whole experience has been a HUGE waste of time for me and so utterly frustrating. I wanted to like this dr.....I needed to establish a relationship with a dr besides my midwives since I am now past that part of my life. The reviews look promising, but I have been totally disappointed.

Best Doctor I've Ever Had! show details Best Doctor I've Ever Had!
Feb 27th, 2015

Dr. Uba is hands down the BEST doctor I have ever had. She is smart as a whip, compassionate and kind. She truly cares about her patients like they were her own family members. She takes the time to really listen and explain and spends as much time as needed with me. She has over 30 years of experience and it shows in her wisdom and treatment. She shows no ego. I can't imaging anyone not absolutely loving Dr. Uba, unless they have their own agenda and are unwilling to actually listen to her and work with her towards a positive treatment plan. I unreservedly recommend Dr. Uba with the highest possible rating.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Jennfier on Feb 26th, 2015

I believe Dr. Uba to be a very through and comprehensive doctor!

by Grace on Feb 25th, 2015

Very attentive to my needs. Figured out what was wrong with me and a way to treat it. Shares my same morals and values.

by Debbie A on Feb 25th, 2015

Set up as new patient. Lovely Doctor Staff and office atmosphere. Very comfortable

DR.UBA Is #1 show details DR.UBA Is #1
by Amanda Newcomb on Feb 19th, 2015

Dr.Uba is awesome and attentive

Best Doctor ever!!!!! show details Best Doctor ever!!!!!
by Mandi on Sep 10th, 2014

Dr.Angela Uba MD is the best doctor I have ever been able to have as my PCP she is gentle honest takes adequate time to see each patient and she is quite caring. she is a doctor you can count on 100% when you need encouragement she is someone you can confide in when you need support she is a gentle soul yet she will tell you the hard truth when you need to hear she listens to every word you speak and gives you feedback in a respectful manner the staff that work in the front are wonderful Dr.Uba has a big heart whether your in pain physically or your down emotionally or you have some weird condition she is the doctor I would reccommend she is awesome I have had so many doctors that I have tried and tried again to work with and I just felt like I was not properly heard Dr. Angela Uba is by far the best doctor ever I absolutely love this doctor she is amazing when other doctors dismissed what symptoms I have had for a long time Doctor Uba did a thorough checking and ran test and she didn't just try to throw pills at me she talked to me about all options I am a patient that gets sick quite often she is aware of what I can and can't take of the top of her head she calls to check up on me even after hours she is an amazing doctor I think she is a God sent gift she has a gentle approach and I am glad she over sees my care I wouldn't change Doctors if someone offered me a million dollars by far the most wonderful doctor in Washington county check her out for yourself and bonus she listens too my quirky jokes ha ha Love this doctor there may be a wait at times but it is well worth to be fully taken care of as a whole person and it is important to be taken seriously and she absolutely does that check her out she is awesome you won't regret going to see her

Patient show details Patient
by Joanne Collins on Mar 24th, 2014

Angela has always giving us the best medical care, and always been considerate of my feelings and needs.

by Anonymous on Mar 9th, 2014

I recently took my ill child to Dr. Uba and was extremely disappointed by the rude-belittling comments and lack of a proper exam we were given. Upon entering the room and without examining my child, Dr. Uba immediately said that 90 percent of her patients are viral and this was too. She exclaimed that she can tell first time parents with a laugh. Never once did she look in my child's throat, or feel their neck or stomach; things that I feel a proper exam should entail. Very disappointing to leave feeling bad for trying to take care of my sick child.

My experience with Dr. Uba show details My experience with Dr. Uba
by Joanne on Jun 9th, 2013

I would definitely recommend Dr. Uba to anyone. She has always been very caring and through. I have been seeing her for about a year now at Neighborhood Health and trust her completely. She listens to my concerns and refers me to specialists when necessary. When I make my appointments I make sure I only see her. I have a problem with one of my feet and she has been treating and following up on it for three months. My next appointment should take care of it. I appreciate Dr. Uba's care.

Registered Nurse show details Registered Nurse
by S.A.S. on May 31st, 2013

I have brought my son to Dr. Uba twice, by chance, in the Immediate Care at Bridgeport. Both times she was abrupt, didn't fully listen to our concerns, gave us no needed prescriptions or the wrong ones, no follow up instructions, (other then 'general' written notes given to us from the MA. Thank goodness I'm a nurse with over 20 years of experience so I knew what to do). Our first visit with Dr. Uba my son's strep came back negative. He was very sick! Uvula deviating, difficult swallowing, very enlarged tonsils with exudate and yet she refused to treat him with anything. We voiced our concerns that he would be traveling out of state for a youth camp for a week and were concerned about his illness. She might as well said 'I couldn't care less!' Off to camp he went and became much more ill with his tonsillitis. A doctor saw him there 2 days later and prescribed him an antibiotic. He almost immediately felt much better...problem solved! Our second visit to Immediate Care was just a few days ago and by chance we unfortunately had Dr Uba again. My son had developed a pilonidal cyst. It was VERY painful and growing. Dr. Uba put him on Penicillin and told him to take naproxen. Again with no verbal instructions...What a waste of my sunday morning, time, and co-pay! Next day I got him into a provider who referred him to see a surgeon, same day, put him on the proper antibiotic and ordered the poor boy, who couldn't sleep or sit, on some Vicodin! Both our family provider and the surgeon agreed that Dr Uba's advice and drug choice was clearly the wrong treatment choice. I have learned my lesson and will be avoiding this clinic as long as Dr Uba continues to practice there.

Very abrupt show details Very abrupt
Oct 2nd, 2010

She said she couldnt address all of my medical concerns in a 30 min visit even though the appointment I made was a new patient appointment to go over my medical history. Was abrupt and would start talking loudly while I was still talking.

I THOUGHT SHE WAS GREAT IN THE SHORT TIME I WAS WITH HER show details I THOUGHT SHE WAS GREAT IN THE SHORT TIME I WAS WITH HER
Nov 5th, 2009

SHE WAS GONE BY MY NEXT APPOINTMENT. TRYING TO FIND HER SO THAT I MAY CONTINUE UNDER HER CARE.