inactive

Angelo L Chirban MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

September 20th, 2015
Life changing. LOL...
This office. My god. I began here in 2004 with Avascular Necrosis. Wait times usually 3 hours. I was given a mild pain medication my first visit. It worked fine but the PA kept insisting on increased doses until I was physically dependent. I didn't know anything about pills or narcotics, I was young and naive, and told that it was all fine. It led to needing meds just to stop withdrawal, nobody ever told me or warned me, I trusted I was taken care of properly. Now it's a decade later. I have been to rehab, methadone clinics, been treated like a junkie by most doctors. I have a hard time trusting a doctor anymore. I wish I'd have known back then.

December 28th, 2011
This Doctor was willing to help people in need when others doctors would not
Dr Angelo L Chirban MD was the only doctor with the the guts to help people in sever pain when all the other gutless doctors would not and now there is a witch hunt for his hide, the man deserves a metal of courage for what he was willing to do and he always played by the book when i was getting treatment after my automobil accident, who are you going to turn to if you are in need of pain medication now i will stand for this man any day of the week for what he did for me it`s to bad alot will not

May 17th, 2011
Front Office Personell
Dr. Chirban delegated entirely too much authority to his front office staff. There was one female in particular who treated patients as her personal serfs. She was the rudest of them all and by and larger from the manager to appointment seters treated you like scum. They had no respect for patients and actted as if you were there for them and you were even lucky to get spit on by them and do not protest the treatment or the will ban you from the office forever without notice nor provide a refferal or return medical records.

April 27th, 2011
its unbelievable!
I can only say read all the comments and drop what you consider to be the worst and do the same with the best. What you are left with is an accurate description. Be prepared to make a day of it. Waits are 2-5 hours.

February 25th, 2011
Good Doctor!
Dr. Chirban is a good doctor. He was willing to help chronic pain patients when other doctors refused to do so out of fear of losing their licenses from the evil Arizona State Medical Board and the Gestapo DEA. Good luck trying to find another doctor help you with your pain meds. It won't be easy! You will have better luck buying them in Mexico!

July 29th, 2010
Dr. Chribans practice ruins lives!
I foolishly was a patient that trusted what turned out to be one if the most dangerous doctors that there has ever been! over a several years time becoming stuck as his patient because I couldn't get another doctor to touch take me as a patient after knowing I was a chirban patient. I had to buy time until there was a way out. However, under the care of chirban I went into cardiac and respitory arrest twice caused after he abrubtly stopping meds and starting new ones, 2 of which were a lethal combo leaving me in kidney failure and having had a heart attack. By the way I was 33 happend. I wish I go on and on but I can't.I will say that there is nothing that can be trusted about his practiced other than he will ruin your life that ultimatly that of the people that love you. His wife Marilyn whom is not really his wife they have been divorced for twenty years has opened up fake buisnessed using the offices assetes to protect there own. One of the providers took his own life after working with chirban and feeling that he had no way out. That dear sweet mans suicide note said it all and was a huge part Dr chirban and his staff getting busted.don't forget the part of the phamacy. Sickning! I hope all the best for the patients of chirbans ( not the doctor shoppers) but to the rest..... all the best! He has put all our lives on the line and now we need to take back control of our health and lives. i encourage anyone that has not yet read the search warrant that is public record and easy to access to read it if for nothing else To get everything that is fact and follow the suggestions of the DEA. Some how and some way we will be stronger people after all this simply because we made it thru a very scary situationGod Bless!

May 25th, 2010
HAPPY patient
I will not deny that when I first started wait times COULD and usually were ridiculous,BUT once I got in with the Doctor I could spend as much time "chatting" as I needed, So MAYBE just MAYBE that is a portion of why wait times were long, at phx or mesa office. THEN the 2 months the Scottsdale office was open, wait times went down!!! just as promised/hoped. I was in and out in an hr or less. I am a hemipelvectomy left leg, my scoliosis curve is 77' when I sit, and guess what I sit in a chair 24/7. But I am active, and I have a right to be. I have tried no pills at all!!! I detoxed of my own will 2 times..and my daily life was almost unbearable. I called with referrals and tried to get 5-6 different pain managements to take my case. Because of my condition I can't have the spinal injections or I have a great chance of dying, so NONE OF THEM would see me, saying if you won't try other methods you just want pills and we are not taking you. I would try other things...IF It might not kill me...After 6 I found Dr. Chrubin, he took me right in, he gave me an appropriate exam, based on x-rays and other info in front of him. NOW I can't even get my PCP to give me my meds until I can get in with another place. Churbin made me the most comfortable I have been since I lost my leg on May 10th, 2004. That I felt like starting back into the workforce..pt/volunteer, but b4 him I could not be reliable, some mornings the pain wouldn't let me out of bed. I had a full time job, 7 months b4 Doc Churbin...If I still had him, I bet I'd have that job and my self esteem back.SO maybe a mistake was made, but ARE any of us perfect? I rest my case.

May 19th, 2010
Real Pain Doctor
After seaching for years for someone to help relieve my extreme chronic pain, I found Dr. Chriban. He really cares that his patients do not have to suffer in pain, and why should we. But now the DEA decided not to let him help hundreds of suffering individuals. They don't care, that I wont be able to work, walk, clean, cook or do anything normal without my pain medication. I am sorry Dr. Chriban, that you have become a target and it should be against the law to target such a great doctor.

May 15th, 2010
God help all of us left standing outside of a closed office!!
How could you?? You all knew you were in trouble but kept up the farse until the very last day. So many people last Thursday morning... all 9 of us for an 8:00 am appointmnet ( what else was new) staring at a white sheet of hand written notes taped to the front door saying - closed - see ya - call someone who cares! Do you have any idea what you have cause for heartache and misery? Where do we all go? Where are my records? Why didnt you call? Shame shame shame. I should have known when they dead bolted the Communtity Pharmacy next door that something was very wrong. And now I am suppose to go to the friggin DEA for my personal medical records!! THE DEA!! Just who I wanted in my personal bussiness. Hope everyone that morning got some help - if not Dr. Chirbin you have a heck of a lot on your conscience to account and atone for.

May 14th, 2010
For those left hanging
I was a patient of Chirbans and I thought is was very poor professionalism to leave patients hanging, when they know the office was closing,seems they just wanted to get that last dollar. Pain center of Az will be taking over Chirbans patients, I found this out myself. also if you need copies of your medical records they can be obtained Via DEA, who will make copies of them for u and give them to you to use at another physicans office. So those of you saying you cannot obtain your records. Here it is: DEA has them

May 13th, 2010
To bad to sad now what
Him his self saw you once and tryed to help. I found if u were nice to them they were nice to you. Im now on a list to find pain relieve thanks to who ever messed it up for the rest of the good apples.

May 12th, 2010
Dr. Chirban & Anna Marie Bricker
Only problem I had was before the Scottsdale office opened was the extreme wait times. I had only gotten to go to 3 appt.'s at the new office; when I went this past Monday, to my chagrin, I found the office shut down. According to my PCP, whom I had to see the next day to get an emergent refill, I learned of Dr. C losing his license. I think it is a major shame because whomever few people had messed up, messed it up for the people who properly took their medication. I'm a bit upset as I know I will not find a replacement doctor who will give me the same prescription (I suffer from fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome among other back problems)it's back to learning how to deal with my pain by other methods that have proven to not work, believe me, I've been through just about every therapy for my pain, and the med that I got from Dr. C's clinic is the only one that has ever worked.