Dr. Angelo Colosimo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 6th, 2016
He is very unprofessional with his choice of words, using several curse words, has talked down to me several times, forgets important information repeatedly regarding my medical care, disregards my concerns in progression resulting in excessive delays in recovery, I have heard him yell and be very disrespectful to staff including his PA and therapy staff members, overall he is a arrogant, big headed, bully that wants to treat athletes and if you don't fit in to that area than he doesn't have time or concern to invest and does nothing but make a horrible painful experience worse, I regret becoming a patient of his

November 27th, 2015
DR. COLOSIMO IS AWESOME
Dr. Colosimo has treated me since 2000 after a company doctor did an awful job of surgery on my left knee. Colosimo did a scope but advised I would eventually need a knee replacement. That surgery was in 2006 and today that knee is still working well, stable and pristine. I recently went to him for my right knee and it will also eventually need to be replaced but he understood I needed immediate relief and gave me an injection to calm the area down. Three months later it is okay and at age 70 I am not considering the surgery. Before the knee replacement we tried different treatments including injections of Synvesc that helped for a while. His staff and office have always been amazing, even at the busiest times at different office locations the longest wait has been about an hour but I usually got in within 30 minutes. I have read reviews that he does not take time with patients well with me that is a different story, always answers questions, takes time to talk and explain and has been genuinely concerned. He is very caring and I think he is just the best and a very personable guy. Despite one of the busiest practices I have ever seen he has always come through with what I needed or did not need, with therapy at NovaCare (Bob) the care was excellent. He also was not intimidated by my insurance workers comp after the knee replacement wanting me to return to work sooner than I expected. It just took one call and a letter from Dr. C. and I took all the time I needed to heal properly and return to work. Dr. C gets an A rating from me.

November 17th, 2015
I LOVED Angelo's staff. However, I will never be treated by him again. I had a ligament in my knee reconstructed after "tearing" it in a soccer match. He rushed surgery number one which may not have even been necessary. Less than a year later, the same surgery was required again as I tore the same ligament again. Had a third surgery to clean up and found arthritis forming. And now, 2 years after surgery one, I'm no where close to being right. Very disappointed. Ended my soccer career.

October 16th, 2015
He performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee some years ago. At that time I found him to be rude, precocious and disrespectful. He made several comments about how old I was (in my early 50's at the time- probably 15-17 years ago). Perhaps attributable to his own youth at the time but really made me question his judgement. I guess cocky would be the best description. I also have a friend who had ACL surgery with him and he feels the same way. We both later required surgery for other orthopedic issues and we both went to other physicians. Maybe he's matured by now.

February 19th, 2015
Down to EARTH DR who cares
DR C , has performed bilateral shoulder surgeries on me. You will never find a DR that treats you like a human and talks to you on your level. His PA Heather is awesome and one of the BEST ortho there is. Dr. C is caring, understanding and just lays it out for ya, sometimes whether you want to accept it or not. This makes him the BEST in my book. If he did not take my insurance , I would oay to see him. Years ago, I agree with a previous comment regarding his OFC MANAGER.. Just because you have an education doesn't make you a Manager. It would help to know a little about what you are managing. She was fired , thank you god... Dr. C is excellent...

July 30th, 2013
Worst doctor I have ever been to in my life. If you are not an athlete don't waste your time. First appointment I waited we'll over an hour and closer to two. Second appointment I left after waiting an hour.

July 25th, 2013
two shoulder surgery and it is still not right Dr C is a big jackwagon

April 23rd, 2013
Excellent Physician and Surgeon
Dr. Colosimo has reconstructed both ACLs and worked on a shoulder. In following up after the most recent surgery and still having pain, regardless of a "negative" MRI, he knew what the issue was. Sure enough, Dr. C was right! My daughter was injured during a sports game and her symptoms pointed to possible ACL injury. His PA put her in ASAP. I've been a patient for years. He is an excellent surgeon, has a great bedside manner. You cannot go wrong. I will continue to see him!

February 5th, 2013
A very favorable experience
Dr. Colosimo's office staff is efficient and courteous, which is very hard to find these days. Dr. Colosimo himself is caring and takes time with you to answer questions and lay out a plan. There is usually a student involved which is also great as you get to hear the Dr. explain to the student Dr. which provides even more information.

March 3rd, 2012
Great doctor!
I had acl and meniscus surgery 4 years ago by another doctor and I re injured my knee and my fianc told me he would not let me go to any other doctor but Dr. Colosimo. Dr. Colosimo had other doctors on staff which came in and spoke with me and also did a few tests. The assumed it was my meniscus just like I did. They tested my knee on a machine and showed no sign of a torn acl. Dr. Colosimo came in and did a test on my knee and knew immediately it was torn even though the machine tests showed it wasn't. He understood my situation that I was getting married in 4 months and used an allograph. I went to physical therapy 5 days after surgery and they said I was 3 weeks ahead of schedule. I was walking within 1.5 weeks of surgery! Small scar and minimal pain! Also, his office staff at Holmes was phenomenal! If you have to have anaesthesia or a block there ask for Dr. Pia, He is the BEST!

January 11th, 2012
Office Manager and Colosimo's Secretary 2011
Colosimo's secretary is hot tempered and same applies to Office Mgr., to the point they are rude. My case worker even stated they lacked professionalism. Her jaw dropped the way Colosimo spoke to me when I asked her to come as my wittness.

January 31st, 2011
Exceeded Expectations and then some!
Dr C took my wfe as a patient after a surgery by a previous Dr didn't go so well. In every aspect he has gone above and beyone anything we could have expected. He has seen her on short notice when she was having a bad episode and spent all the time with her she could have asked for to soothe her nerves and explain what needed to be done. All this while being a high profile Dr in the academic and sports world. He treated her as if she was the only patient he had at that particular moment. I have never seen this kind of caring from a Dr. You can not go wrong with him. He has all the gratitude and respect I could give to someone.