Surgical Specialist, Dermatologist (skin)

2828 Highway 31 S
Ste 105
Decatur, AL 35603
256-351-9996
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  No respect for your time  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2013

Get used to waiting, they overschedule which means you will be waiting a long time and then see the dr for a minute or two. Not worth it. Only gave one star because you can't give less.

|  Horrible experience  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2013

Never got to see the doctor. The front desk staff was so rude, I along with two other patients who were waiting decided to leave. We all had appiontments at specific times. We were told that no one has appointments, only arrival times and the staff had no idea when we would see the doctor. The staff also told us we were free to go and find another provider. At that point, we left as soon as we could. If I were concerned about my business, I would be sure to hire a polite staff.

|  Worth the Wait  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

Dr. Angelo Mancuso was the only doctor that knew right off the bat what the problem was. Went to 2 other dr. and was not pleased. He even takes my insurance (tricare) The wait was a bit long, but it was worth it because he IS the BEST. I would suggest anyone to him. His staff also was very friendly

Jul 3rd, 2012

Staff was very rude. Dr Mancuso was in the room with me for 2 minutes. Talked so fast could not understand him. The girl making my appointment stated on the phone screaming at someone. Ask me three times was a certain day ok as I was to come back in 2 weeks. Told her yes three times and she still made the appointment for a week later than I was suppose to return,Very Rude person Will try to find someone else.

|  Poor service  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

Overcharged and 6 months later they still have NOT refunded my money. They agree the owe me the refund, they just wont pay!

|  Not very thorough  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

I was very disappointed during my first visit to Dr. Mancuso today. The primary reason for my visit was due to concern of a mole that I have had for years as it had began to itch and scab. When I showed it to the doctor, he did not touch it or look at it carefully and dismissed it as scar tissue only. I explained to him that yes it has been itching and scabbing and is flat at this time but it is a mole that I have had for as long as I can remember. Needless to say, I will not be visiting this doctor again.

|  Great Dr and staff!  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2011

After going to several doctors about a sore on my face and a mole on my breast, and they all told me they were not skin cancer and didn't even do a biopsy, I went to Dr Mancuso. He did a biopsy and one came back skin cancer and the other was one stage from being melanoma cancer. He didn't waste time, he took me serious and cared. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful. They have also been very sympathetic to my problems. As far as the wait he does have alot of patients, but usually the good ones do. The shortest wait was around 15 min. The longest was around 45 min. I know people had to wait when he took the mole off that was turning into melanoma, it took 17 stitches and took a while, but I would think that the people that would complain about the wait would have wanted him to have took his time if they were lying there in my place. I told a friend about him and she went and loved him and his staff. I recommend him highly!Posted on 6/17/2011 6:30:15 AM

May 28th, 2011

He is arrogant and hateful to his staff. I could hear him screaming at them from down the hall calling them idiots. Just very unprofessional.

|  Rudest Office Staff I've Ever Encountered  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

Arrived 10 minutes before my appointment time. Doctor was obviously running late because waiting room was full and there were several people on the sign-in list ahead of me and with the same appointment time. Asked the receptionist how long the wait was because I had to be out of the doctor's office in 1 hour 10 minutes to be home when my kids returned from school. "There's no wait. The doctor's not running late." After 20 minutes, receptionist called to give new-patient paperwork. I asked again how long the wait was because there were still many people in front of me as far as I could tell. Both receptionists said there was no wait. I pointed out that my appointment was at 2:00, and it was now 2:10, so obviously there was a wait. Receptionist replied that the wait was only for new patients due to the time it took them to fill out paperwork. I said I had not been given any paperwork to fill out, so the delay until then had nothing to do with filling out paperwork. The receptionist then replied that I need to go see a different doctor. Attitude of office staff was unhelpful, combative, and rude.

Apr 1st, 2011

Doctor has no earthly idea what he is doing and gave us wrongful diagnosis. We should of went to Dr. Kinnebrew in the first place. Our fault. Lesson learned.

|  very good first visit  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2011

I had a persistant rash that my family doctor was having trouble treating. Dr. Mancuso treated with a medication and cream and 4 weeks later I am 90% better and having no real problems. Go back in 3 days for follow up visit. He seemed nice. No doctor I have ever visited explained all the side effects of medicine to me.

|  BAD doctor- be forewarned!  |  show details
by A first-time patient on Aug 17th, 2010

Dr. Mancuso 1) does not take complete medical or family histories. This is very important in making good, thorough and effective treatment decisions, and to prevent possible problems down the line. For example, if I am pregnant, I should NOT be taking the medications he prescribed but he failed to ask if I was pregnant or planning to become pregnant in the next 6 months. 2) does not lay out options but forces you into one treatment option without being able to explain why he chooses that over another treatment option. 3) is misinformed and unwilling (or maybe unable) to explain any side-effects or how the treatments. For example, he claimed that tetracycline, an antibiotic he prescribes for acne, only combats one type of bacterium. Also, many acne medications do make you more sensitive to sunlight, but he failed to mention this or any of the other side-effects when asked about it. 4) overbooks. As a first-time patient, he was in the same room for about 10 minutes before he rudely says: "Not to be rude, but I've got other patients to see and cannot spend half an hour explaining this to you." He quickly sped out of the room and into another patient's room, without answering my remaining questions and concerns. Maybe I have high expectations of my doctors. However, I believe that given the above, he is NOT a good or trustworthy doctor. Be forewarned.

|  Beware!  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2010

Dr Mancuso should not call himself a Dermatologist. The treatment for minor psorisis was minimal & ineffective (another Derm tco it in 1 appointment prescribing appropriate medical cream)Biggest problem was out teen's severe cystic acne. We were sold multiple & varying creams & cleansers that did nothing but drain our bank account. At each appt he ruptured 10-20 deep cystic pimples on our uncomplaining child who has since said it was very painful (no numbing cream here) and as a result is permanently scarred in those places. After weeks of unnecessary paperwork that the staff repeatedly lost he still would not prescribe Accutane.We went to a board certified derm next who says the methods he used were out of date in the 70's & result in nothing but scarring & infection. Within 3 months of real treament the acne was gone but scars still remain.The staff is unprof & rude, he is rude & I'm convinced he will never really treat effectively because he wants you to return every two wks in order to line his pockets. Trust me - go elsewhere!!!

Oct 20th, 2009

HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING WHEN OTHERS DO NOT.