Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Greedy  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

In my opinioin he is mean sprited, arrogant and greedy. Does not have the patience for folow up and treatment.

|  my time is valuable too  |  show details
by j c on Jan 5th, 2011

I am always early by 5-10 mins, taken to my room just to wait 30 more mins. I don't get it, but he is very caring, easy to talk to, the rest of his staff are excellent also. They are there for the patient, not the pay check.

|  Reliable in Question  |  show details
by Sharrene at Citysearch on Nov 6th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Faith in the doctor is the # 1 ingrediant neccessary for a successful recover. We are the one responsible and in charge of our life. The 1st visit with this doc was impressive, 2nd my thoughts where he was confussed and I was the one that had a stroke. No matter how good the doctor if the staff he employees is not professional it can destroy his credability as well. When your doctor is not meeting your expectations change doctors as I did. Remember FAITH is #1 in a successfully recovery.

|  My pick for neurology!  |  show details
by hamms1988 at Citysearch on Aug 9th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Having been diagnosed with MS for over ten years, I have seen my share of neurologists in Wyoming, Montana, and South Dakota. I have finally found one who actually listens in Dr. Santiago. I have tried the normal treatments for M.S. and had such severe side effects but my previous neurologists dismissed it almost to a point where I was nearly ready to give up. I began wondering if I was paying the former doctors or if it was the pharmaceutical companies. All of this ended and my life has continued to improve since my first appointment with Dr. Santiago. Does he tell me everything I want to hear Absolutely not, but he is definitely honest and doesn`t accept any excuses for not following his suggestions. Multiple Sclerosis is a difficult thing to live with, but why make it more difficult with a doctor who doesn`t listen or care. I would recommend Dr. Santiago to anyone, especially M.S. patients!

|  Incompetent  |  show details
by Nico66 on May 8th, 2010 on citysearch.com

The Doctor presribed a massive overdose of an Epilepsy drug that caused myself to have a permanent physical disability. I have heard from many of his other patients that have had similar experiences. I am sure that some other patients have had good experiences dealing with him. I have just never heard anybody say they have had good experinces. There is no rating lower than one so I did give him a 1 rating.

|  Long Time Casper Patient  |  show details
by Heather on Jan 6th, 2010

Santiago is very compassionate and caring. He personally attends to the patient, personally conducts his own tests and then personally reviews all your test results with you. His staff was very easy to work with and understanding of the suffering I have been experiencing. Getting an appointment, once I explained my symptoms, was within a day or two. Yes, Santiago will conduct tests, as he did in my case, to rule out other major causes or illnesses but I felt that he was being thorough and doing his best to help me find out what the cause of my nerve pain was. The other review seems prejudiced against individuals from the Philipines - as for myself, I don't care where they are from as long as they are a good doctor. Santiago, on ocassion, spent time going over my symptoms, test results, options and even referred me to another neurologist in Denver for a 2nd opinion. He seems very dedicated and I can tell that being a doctor isn't just a 9 to 5 job for him but his profession.

|  money hungry  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2009

Go to Dr.Wheeler. Dr.Santiago only interested in your wallet. Chose EMG studies over hospital practice. Gives MS patients false hope. Do not go to him and get sucked in, your life depends on it. I bet he sends his earnings to the Phillipines. maybe he should return there.