Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

• Currently 3.3448275862069 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.4827586206897 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.448275862069 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.448275862069 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  dont trust this doctor  |  show details
by hassan on Jun 30th, 2014

i had three surgeries with this doctor . first surgery was in my left knee in 2013 . i had fluid in my knee and the doctor fixed the tear and the fluid stoped but one year later i went to visit him for bone spur in my ankle he suggested a surgery so i had the surgery with him but unfortunately the surgery did not help me at all. so i had to go to a different doctor to fix my ankle . one year later my right knee filled with fluid i went to this doctor again and he did a surgery in my right knee unfortunately the surgery did not helpe me at all and still fluid in my right knee and what makes it worse is my left knee start also filled with fluid . and this doctor has no idea why i'm getting fluid . he only thinks about how to make money from insurance companies .and he dose not believe in MRI . last visit i had argument with his assistant because he suppose to check my right knee after surgery for free because their policy 90 after surgery is free check . i asked the assistant to check my right knee and she did and i told her i have fluid also in my left knee she checked both knees for me in 5 minuts visit and i got no answer from her why i'm getting this fluids in both knees. at the check out the lady at front dest asked me to pay $158 i was shocked with the amount they want to charge me . the argument stayed for 10 minuts with her she was soooo rude with me . i had to pay her and leave . at the end i lost money for deductable i lost my time and my health insurance because laid off from my company . i got from this doctor zero benifit . i will not forgive this doctor. one time he makes me to wait 3.5 hours waiting to see him he left the office and made the patients wait. don't ever trust this doctor . free free to contact me with any question at hal_77@hotmail.com

|  Stress full  |  show details
by Mac on Dec 31st, 2013

They did not handle billing correctly . If took over a year to get the bill paid. They send the the bill to billing company. His price was to high and was quick to recommend surgery,

|  Social Service  |  show details
by Verlonda on Nov 13th, 2013

courteous, effective, compassionate, and quality assurance...

Aug 19th, 2013

Dr. Sorce is the best. I had two shoulder surgery's with him when he was in Hillsdale. My shoulder is doing great. He takes his time with you and talks to you in words that you can understand. He doesn't sugar coat anything and gives you straight up answers. I wouldn't follow him anywhere and have.

|  total knee replacement  |  show details
May 28th, 2013

Great Dr. and staff, very knowledgeable and compassionate; absolutely would recommend to family and friends.

|  Teacher  |  show details
by Denise D. on Mar 28th, 2013

Dr. Sorce has performed an ulnar nerve transpositon on both my left and right arms. He performed the first surgery on the right arm. I am overjoyed to say I have full use of my arm, the numbness is gone and I am pain free. I am ten days out of the second surgery. Dr. Sorce was able to repair damage that was created by another surgeon and I have no doubt that I will experience the same success due to his remarkable skill as a surgeon. I cannot express how wonderful his staff at his office and both the surgical center and hospital are....they make your day when you are in pain. I traveled over four hours to specifically work with Dr. Sorce and his staff....they are wonderful! I cannot express my gratitude to Dr. Sorce and his staff for putting me back together and giving me my life back!

|  he is the greatest  |  show details
by Joan Kinnel on Mar 21st, 2013

I was terrified to go to the doctor and have him tell me I needed knee replacement surgery. Once meeting Dr Source and his staff I felt like I was with my family not a doctors office. Everyone from the receptionist to the e-ray tech and to the PA and Dr Source himself made me feel very much at ease about having this surgery. I tell everyone I know that has any kind of orthodox problems to go see Dr Sorce, they won't be sorry they did.

|  Fractured foot  |  show details
by Amy Caragay on Feb 15th, 2013

My daughter was treated unsuccessfully by a different doctor we obtained through the Urgent Care when she fractured her foot. After several months of extremely quick checks but no real care, she was facing surgery and pinning of the bones, so I asked my Internal Medicine physician and she highly recommended Dr. Sorce. Dr. Sorce gave my daughter careful care with xrays, two castings, and then a boot with weaning restrictions and she is now doing great! Thank you Sr. Sorce and staff!

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2012

During the past several years I have required Dr. Sorce's services to keep my knee and hip problems under control. Both my knees have required arthroscopic surgery, I suffer chronic hip issues, dealt with a broken elbow to my most recent visit for hammer toe repair. In every instance, Dr. Sorce treated me with respect and provided excellent care needed to get me back on my feet.Services received have always remained consistent with excellent treatment by both the office staff and Dr. Sorce.I highly recommend Dr. Sorce to all of my friends and family.

|  Craig Blanchard  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

Dr. Sorce is excellent in all areas. I highly recommend him to anyone. I drove 90 miles to have him diagnose/treat/and have a total hip replacement. He is an expert with great knowledge as a surgeon.He will talk your ear off and listen to all your concerns. I had full confidence in Dr. Sorce. He will give you all the information you will ever need concerning your medical needs.

|  Treated as a patient not a paycheck  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

From the medical assistant who is always in a great mood! to Dr. Sorce, whom I have placed my trust in to help me keeping my real knee as long as possible.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

Dr. Sorce is very friendly, & knowledgeable in his field. I have bee suffering with knee pain for several years. He was able to help me when my previous doctor was not. I would recommend him to my family, friends, & coworkers.

|  Best Dr Ever!  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

I had an accident at work, where i had my leg crushed, He was the only Dr willing to save my leg and was very patient with me. I found his staff very nice and they all made me comfortable at every visit. Im so happy that he was there for me. Its been over a year and for someone that was suppose to never walk again, I am now in physical therpy and on my way to walking. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

|  Dr. Sorce  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

I had an excellant experience with Dr. Sorce. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for his assistant Sarah, she was rude and when questioned regarding certain situations she accused us of lieing. Very unprofessional. However, Dr. Sorce took back control of the appointments with me and it was all professionalism and kind. I would definately refer this doctor, just not his assistant.

Jul 17th, 2011

Dr. Sorce is one of the most updated and knowledgeable orthopedic surgeons out there. He makes sure you're well informed on diagnosis, procedures, etc. I was kept waiting for ~30 minutes but he was well worth the wait. Highly recommended!

Jun 21st, 2011

Dr. Sorce is the BEST orthopaedic surgeon in Michigan! He is funny, brilliant and his skills in surgery are unmatched by any one. The staff makes you feel like you are a part of the family, the other patients in the waiting room will tell you how great he is. He is a rare doctor who listens and is beyond brilliant.

|  WORTH THE WAIT!!!!  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

Dr. Sorce is the best doctor I have ever been to! He is brillant, funny, kind, I can talk to him easily and get answers to my questions. I am so happy to finally be with a doctor I can put all my trust in. LOVE HIS OFFICE STAFF!

|  The only surgeon I would trust with my daughter  |  show details
by Sorce Fan on Dec 11th, 2010

I met Dr. Sorce when my daughter broke her foot and it needed surgery to be fixed. I have never felt such complete trust with anyone outside my family. From the moment I met him and his PA Sarah Bone I KNEW that my daughter was in the best hands possible. However long it takes to get in to see him it is worth the wait. You become part of his family, that is how we were made to feel.

Oct 27th, 2010

Dr. Sorce was a second opinion doc for me. I was in a car accident and hurt my knee and the 1st surgeon I saw kept saying there was nothing wrong, but I was still having horrible symptoms. I went to see Dr. Sorce and he was extremely kind and thorough. He diagnosed my problem within minutes by doing a simple exam, I ended up needing surgery-without going to Dr. Sorce I would have never known this. Yes, the wait time is a little long, but its the price you pay to have a surgeon spend the time with you that you deserve! He never rushes and is always patient and kind.

by Wright on Jan 7th, 2010

my overall experience with dr.sorce was terrible. He kept me waiting 55 minutes. He wanted to take an xray when in fact I was there to get results of an mri. He insulted me twice, once saying "I can't fix stupid" and "your uptight today". I will never go back to this incompentant so called dr. again. I will tell everyone I know about this experience and I will write a letter notifing my primary care doctor.