Dr. Anh-Danh Phan MD Patient Reviews

2.4

April 21st, 2016
Not recommended
I would not recommend Dr Phan. She failed to accurately diagnose my eye condition and it is a serious one requiring surgery.

August 26th, 2015
Waited well over two hours for appointment. Dr. Phan unapologetically responded that such delays were routine experience for her patients. What followed next was the roughest eye exam ever. Dr. Phan roughly and repeatedly blinded me in performing whatever heavy-handed tachnique she was attempting while demanding that I remain motionless and not blink despite the discomfort, Impossible to know whether Dr. Phan was unaware of the discomfort she was inflicting or simply clumsy, but the discomfort was at least as bad as dental work. Cannot recommend her services. Ever.

March 27th, 2015
great
I have seen Dr Phan on several occasions. She has always been courteous, and very informative about he problem and treatment options. She is a great doctor and I would highly recommend her.

June 26th, 2012
The best thing about Dr. Phan is her staff. They are all nice and helpful. As far as Dr. Phan is concerned, good luck getting any straight forward answer from her. You pretty much have to pin her in a corner and redirect your question a few times, and then you're still lucky to get a response. She has been rude and has also made errors and have blamed them on her staff. I caught her lying about a scheduling error right to my face. That in itself speaks volumes...where are the ethics there? It seems as if extra procedures were done that could have been handled all at once rather than numerous different times. Bottom line, her communication is terrible, and her ethics and competency are questionable. My advice is to look elsewhere for a doctor as other reviewers have suggested. Oh, and the ONLY good review on here scored her high in punctuality, that lets you know that is a biased review because she is never on time. She probably scored herself to improve her rating.

June 19th, 2012
Stay Away
I've seen another Retina specialist since my appointment, and comparing the two is like comparing night and day. The thoroughness and open communication that you'd expect just wasn't there with Dr. Phan, unlike her successor and predecessor (neither connected wiht IU). More time was spent waiting, than being examined, and the exam time seemed brief. Unless you have no choice, contact your eye doctor and get the name of another Retina Specialist. It's in YOUR best interest.

April 18th, 2012
Doesn't measure up
IU had been recommended by a prior Retina Specialist, but I found that the thoroughness of Dr. Phan fell far short of my prior physician. My first appointment, with my prior physician, was lengthy, but IU's doctor was about 1/2 an hour after a good hour's wait. To add to this shortfall, I found out - the hard way - that IU Hospital will also prey upon you for additional $$$. My prior physician cost under $300 - to insurance, with no outside facility bills - and Dr. Phan and IU Hospital's bills added up to over $850. This staggering amount for a retina exam. Talk about greedy and unethical. Look for another eye specialist, if you can. I know I will be.

March 26th, 2012
Dr. Phan was very conscientious and responded to all of my questions with good information. The staff was amazing and she was very knowledgeable about my CSC. Good about follow up. I drive over 90 miles to see her as well as miss 1/2 day of work.

February 13th, 2012
Worst doctor we've ever had the displeasure of meeting...be afraid be afraid. Incompetent and downright insensitive and rude.