Dr. Anh Thu Kieu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anh Thu Kieu?

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Anh Thu Kieu?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 5th, 2016

Dr. Kieu is thorough, attentive and always pleasant. Couldn't ask for more in a PCP.

February 29th, 2016

Only issue is with UCLA Billing (and double billing)

April 6th, 2015

Unispired Doctor Burdened By Patients

I can confirm what some of the other reviews have said about Dr. Kieu in that she doesn't seem concerned with forming a relationship with her patients. She'll basically try to get you out as soon as possible. I guess that might be a good thing for some. She has prescribed me medication based on a self diagnosis I did (which also happened to be wrong so the medicine I used was worthless). She didn't hesitate to prescribe hydrocodone and percocet simultaneously and seems unconcerned with the potential harm this might cause. She gets 2 stars because I guess it could always be worse. If you don't have any real standards for a health care professional, then she's fine. Just be sure you have a second opinion on hand for when you'll need it.

March 18th, 2015

Exceptionally attentive to detail and responds immediately to any emails or concerns. Superb clinical skills.

February 18th, 2015

Exceptional Service...

Dr. Kieu has won me over, professional, courteous and efficient. As for me she is the Doctor in LA for me.

June 18th, 2013

Very Professional

Dr. Kieu has been my doctor for about 6 years, and I have always found her very knowledgeable. She does a very effective job of communicating her knowledge in layman's terms. I feel like I am in the care of someone who is unlikely to make a mistake. I trust her as a medical expert.

April 12th, 2013

A few good words about Dr. Kieu

Dr. Kieu has been my internist for 10 years. She has always been empathetic, willing to listen and follow up on any symptoms I have discussed with her. In fact, she probably saved my life recently - finding a melanoma where I never suspected there would be one. She shows kindness to every member of my family and I recommend her to any of my friends looking for an excellent internist.

September 13th, 2012

This was the worst doctor appointment that I have ever seen. I went to her with alot of symptoms with a tick bite from NC/TN area. She didn't even ask to look at the tick bite. She wasn't going to test me for Lyme Disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever but I had all the symptoms from swelling in the back of my head to the inflamed tick bite to nausea and horrible stomachaches. I had to force her to give me the test and then she walks out of the door and I said, "Don't you even want to see the tick bite" and she said "I guess". The test was positive for rickettesia typhus. She doesn't care at all.

April 15th, 2010

Sadly I've been going to Dr. Kieu for 4yrs+ (maybe 5yrs) and all this time I thought, "well maybe we haven't establish our relationship just yet." She always seemed uninterested in my symptoms and needed to get me on my way, fast. I just had this conversation with someone after a medical scare occurred. During our many examinations (if she paid attention I would have to come back so often) she never really touched me. Let me explain as that sounded creepy. I.e. If I say my throat hurts and my gland feel swollen, you should spend more than a second (not exaggerating) to feel if the glands are swollen. This is a minor example but she really isn't hands on. It's more like a therapy session without the therapy. You tell her your symptoms and she sits on her chair/stool, shakes her head and writes a prescription. So today, after a quick search on the internet, I needed to find the new office for a form. I stumbled upon this site and another only to confirmation my feelings. I really thought it was me but Dr. Kieu really needs to improve her bedside manner and be a bit me empathetic with her patients. Listen/listen/listen to your patients! I was on the fence about switching docs because I thought maybe it was just me but after reading comments and ratings I have made my decision. Especially now that I believe she may have overlooked symptoms of MS.Goodbye Dr. Kieu.

January 29th, 2009

The doctors in this office are so concerned with getting patients in and out in a hurry that quality of care is compromised. Dr. Kieu could not be bothered to flip back a couple of pages in my chart to find the names and dosages of my prescriptions and told me to call her office with the info and she would write me a prescription. I have been with UCLA medical group for 5 years and that info was in my chart! In general, I always feel like a number rather than a patient.

March 12th, 2017