Anil K Verma, MD

Psychiatric Wellness Care, PLLC
1816 Erie Blvd E
Syracuse, NY 13210
315-214-0390
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.448275862069 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.6206896551724 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Dangerous and Unprofessional  |  show details
May 1st, 2014

Dr. Verma, his nurse practitioner, and office staff have all shown a total lack of concern for my well being. When I spoke to a receptionist, saying I was suicidal while weaning off a medication per the nurse practitioner's instructions, there was no response. I was not called back until three days later. When Dr. Verma took over my therapy, he prescribed a medication which I had had a very bad reaction to under a former psychiatrist. Dr. Verma had requested the previous doctor's records, but did not read them even after I told him about my reaction. His policy of prescribing medication without even reading a patient's previous treatment records is DANGEROUS and UNPROFESSIONAL. Dr. Verma is also responsible for his office staff's and nurse practitioner's potentially life-threatening lack of response to a suicidal patient.

Doctor's Response

Some one trying to defame our practice

|  ..... my sincere gratitude to you Dr Verma  |  show details
by Robert A on Jan 23rd, 2014

Dear Dr Verma, I have been waiting to drop you this note for long time. I have hard time trying to express my feelings and sincere gratitude to you - for all that you have done for me. Little did I know when I first met you on July 30, 2008 that you would be the person that would turn my life around. For 4 long decades I have suffered from 2 nervous breakdowns, constant anxiety, panic attacks, anxiety attacks, depression, and alcoholism. After my 3rd visit with you, you had adjusted my meds in a novel way that profoundly restored my health and sense of well being. No other health professional ever did that for me ... before you. The thing of it is, I have maintained this med regime precisely and have been stable now going on 6 years. I feel "extremely great" - all of the time! I thank God and I thank you for giving me a wonderful, active, fulfilling, peaceful life to enjoy during my senior years. I expect to be 72 next May.

|  show details
by susan m bennett on Sep 30th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Verma for 10 years now and I have always been completely satisfyed with him and his staff. When ever I have needed help on a weekend they have always gotten back to me in a timely mannor. I have referred many of my friends and family to this office because I have the utmost confidence that they will get the best care.

|  He is my angel  |  show details
by Karen A on Aug 18th, 2013

I came to see him about one year ago. I was at a verge of suicide. I was full of anxiety, really bad depression, irritable, moody, miserable and very obsessive compulsive. He spend about one hour with me at my first visit. Took time to explain me what I am going thru and 'why'. That first visit changed my life. He is so polite and understanding. Very knowledgeable. He was highly recommended by my psychotherapist, my PCP and another friend (who was his patient). He put me on right medication and guided me in right direction. I was about to leave my husband and my 2 little children. He saved my marriage. God bless him. He changed my destiny. Now my daughter is his patient too. He is my life saver. He is best in town, May god give him long life. His front desk staff is awesome especially Kristin.

|  Dr. Verma is a rare psychiatrist; his approach to treatment involves kindness  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2013

"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." This quote from Henry James summarizes my experience with Dr. Verma and his staff. Dr. Verma has restored my faith in helping professionals. He and his staff treat me with more dignity, respect, and responsible care than any in my prior treatment, including other arenas of healthcare. He listened carefully before diagnosing or prescribing meds. What makes him particularly special: his knowledge and experience match his sincere interest in helping his patients thrive. He genuinely remembers information while looking at me, not a folder. He explains things in anecdotal and personal ways. Because it is personal. I am treated as a whole person. He is an authority in the field of psychiatry, not authoritarian. He provides helpful feedback, suggests treatment options, and is interested in my feedback. If I have concerns about my medications, side effects, or any questions, he honors them. He also honors my individuality and traits in terms of treatment and on a basic human level. I trust this doctor with my continued care and with my life. Because, quite frankly, he saved it.

|  bipolar  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2013

The associates at Dr. Verma's office are great and helpful.

|  Talks *to* patient, not *with* patients  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Verma to my worst enemy. His office staff is rude and the secretaries don't even have a basic knowledge of nursing. Dr. Verma speaks to you about your condition rather than discussing it with you. He prescribes potentially dangerous medication without discussing it or any alternatives for you. After about ten appointments with him I certainly will not be returning. I'd rather try to handle my mental and emotionally issues through exercise and meditation.

Doctor's Response

Someone is trying to defame me.

|  Long time patient.  |  show details
by Bob F on Apr 1st, 2013

They ask and they listen.

|  one of the best doctor I have ever met  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2011

After seeing many psychiatrist in town, I was not getting better, but getting worse. Finally, I started seeing him about 2.5 years. He really spend full hour with me during first visit and explained my suffering. "Quacks" I have seen before gave me wrong diagnosis and wrong treatment. He put me on right medication. I have been stable over 2 years and functioning as a real human ... enjoying my family, work and social life. Good bless him. He is a Gods send ... he saved my life!

|  God Blass him  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2011

One of the best in town. He really saved my life. Very knowledgeable -Harvard trained.

|  Review  |  show details
by John Magnarelli on Mar 15th, 2011

My overal experience with Dr. Verma andstaff has been excellent.I definitely would recommend him.I am a long term patient of his.