Dr. Anil Lalwani MD Patient Reviews

3.0

December 30th, 2016
Amazing bedside manner and always available
Dr Lalwani has seen 4 of our children. He's always accessible and willing tonwork with us on scheduling. But his best quality is is bedside manner. He shows every patient love and care and entertain the kids while calming the parents. We completely recommend him.

August 7th, 2015
Wonderful Experience
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lalwani and his staff. My son's appointment was scheduled quickly, the staff was courteous and attentive and the appointment wait time was very brief. Most importantly, however, was our experience with Dr. Lalwani. He spent a lot of time with us and asked to ensure all of our questions were answered. He was informative, gentle, kind and funny. It was a thoroughly positive experience. I would recommend him highly.

February 9th, 2015
Great guy. Excellent results.

February 2nd, 2015
horrible
Didn't spend anytime with me. Told me I had a disease without checking me.

August 15th, 2014
Outstanding Doctor
Dr Lalwani is by far one of the most outstanding doctors I have ever seen. He is skilled and nothing short of an expert in his field. He took the time to listen to everything I had to say and how I was feeling regarding all that was going on symptom wise, did a thorough evaluation and was able to diagnose me. He spent a tremendous amount of time with me on every visit and thoroughly went through all of my test results. Dr Lalwani is caring, compassionate, and very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is in need of an Otolaryngologist. He has a way of putting his patients at ease and really cares about his patients and about what he does. He also works with an excellent staff and everyone goes the extra mile to make patients feel comfortable!!

August 15th, 2014
Dr. Lalwani treated my son and I must say he is the most professional, caring doctor I have ever met. He is experienced and named top doctor for a reason. I would definitely recommend him.

March 10th, 2014
Bad impression
The visit was very very BAD. Dr. Lalwani is not professional at all and it look him less than 5 minutes to see me. He didn't explain the issue carefully and got quickly frustrated when I asked him questions. Overall, I felt very rushed and forced to just sign paperwork without any care for my concerns and issues. Negligent doctor.

February 13th, 2014
Horrible Horrible Horrible, don't make the same mistake
I have never met a doctor who is as arrogant and difficult to speak to as doctor lalwani. I came in for vestibular disorder and the surgery didn't go well. I am seriously thinking of filing malpractice suit.

February 13th, 2014
Most unprofessional doctor, stay away
My mom is completely Deaf after getting surgery from doctor lalwani. First he promised that it is one of the easiest surgery and that my mom will be able to hear better from what she was able to hear. She did go through the surgery and now she is completely DEAF. But most importantly Doctor Lalwani does not seem to care and didn't even feel sorry. I just feel terrible for recommending him to my mom who is now Completely DEAF. Please dont make the same mistake

January 5th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
I was referred to Dr. Lalwani by my regular ENT for surgery. He was described to me as the guy who wrote the book. My independent research confirmed this fact. His bedside manner was one of the best of any doctor I have seen. He was always through in the pre and post surgery exams. I am shocked to see some of the negative reviews of him and felt compelled to write a review of my experience with him on 2 separate surgeries. Maybe he was having a bad day. I would use him again and highly recommend him.

October 2nd, 2013
I HAD HEARD THAT DR LAWANI WAS ONE OF THE BEST. BOY ARE THEY WRONG. I CAME TO HIM SUFFERING FROM VERTIGO FOR ABOUT A YEAR. THE AUDIOLOGIST SEEMED TO FEEL THAT WAS THE CASE WHEN THE TESTS WERE DONE. DR. LAWANI HOWEVER SPENT LITTLE TIME WITH ME. ANXIOUS TO GET TO THE NEXT PATIENT AND SAID I DID NOT HAVE VERTIGO, BUT RATHER MY GLUCOSE LEVELS WERE TO HIGH. I WENT TO THE ENDOCRONOLOGIST HE CONFIRMED THAT WAS NOT THE CASE. I EVENTUALLY WENT TO ANOTHER EAR SPECIALIST AND HE COMFIRMED THAT THE CRYSTALS IN MT EAR WERE OUT AND THAT WAS WHAT WAS CAUSING MY SYMPTOMS. ALL DR. LAWANI NEEDED TO DO WAS PREFORM A VERY SIMPLE TEST TO MEASURE MY EYE MOVEMENT BUT HE FAILED TO DO THAT. I FEEL THAT NOT ONLY IS HE LACKING IN ABILITY BUT ALSO IN TO MUCH OF A RUSH TO ACTUALLY LISTEN TO HIS PATIENTS . HE READ MY CHART AND DID A QUICK EXAM. HARDLY LISTENED TO WHAT I HAD TO SAY. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

July 1st, 2013
I didn't have any problem making an appointment. I previously got a surgery at Columbia university ent practice, but I still couldn't hear. It seems that the surgery didn't go as succesfull. I hoped that Columbia will hire good doctors, so I gave another try by visiting dr lalwani. THe only thing that bothered me about doctor lalwani is that he was rushing to get out and attend another patient when we had more question about a surgery he was proposing. I wanted to learn more about the surgery but he seemed very impatient. In addition, it seems that he didn't know exactly what was wrong with my ear, he said it could be one or the other, but there is no way to actually know what was wrong with it, but proposed surgery nonetheless. Columbia doesn't seem to live up to it's name