Dr. Anita Alvestad-Mcintyre MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 27th, 2016
Amazing OB/GYN
Dr. McIntyre is by far the best OB/GYN I've ever encountered. Our daughter is also her patient and she delivered our granddaughter and did an amazing job. I worked for med mal lawyers who specialized in labor and delivery cases for seven years and my maternal grandmother died giving birth to my mom during the depression. So I am more paranoid than most and aware of the challenges OB/GYNs face. She has amazing communication skills and we worship her. She's helped with my menopause journey and handling our daughter's third pregnancy and we are blown away by her compassion, patience with our questions, and extreme competence. She's a rock star.

February 18th, 2015
Not an ideal experience
This Doctor came off nice however as appointments progressed it became evident that she was uncommunicative, fairly uncaring about concerns, did not volunteer information and only answered questions put to her in most minimum way possible. I Have Hypothyroidism, PCOS, and Asthma however No lab results were shared and my Thyroid levels were only checked twice even after concerns were shared in my second trimester of the levels being to low. Nothing was done to check or manage my thyroid beyond prescribing more of the current dosage of my medication. Upon review of the current medical records She did not record the issues I was having with Pelvic pain, Edema, or muscle tension along with not recording anything about the lab results. When asked what could be done about extenuating circumstances with being out of a place to live in the area right at the same time as my delivery date her response was that nothing could be done and when asked about inducement she said it wasn't possible at all, not even at 39 weeks. When further pressed for an opinion about moving across 3 states while 39 weeks pregnant her response was to do what we had to do in a very uncaring manner. I am not impressed with her lack of empathy or concern with my safety or my baby's and do not recommend her as a reliable doctor to see in the future.

November 18th, 2011
Amazing!
Dr. Mcintyre is an amazing doctor. I have had one child and also I had a miscarriage. She did a great job of understanding our fears. She scheduled my surgery the next day ( D and C, from the miscarriage). She understood we were stressed with the whole situation and she scheduled the surgery the next day during her lunch. She didn't want me to be stressed for a few days to a week before surgery. She is professional but also has the perfect mix of being personable as well, so you don't feel uncomfortable. She is very patient and will explain things and answer any questions you have. I would recommend her to anyone! I told people how great she is and many people I know have started going to her and they are very impressed! I work in the health care field and I encounter doctors on a routine basis, she is one of the nicest most detailed doctors I have ever met. I had a difficult pregnancy, when things just seemed to be a little outside the normal limits, she was quick to refer me to a specialist. She wanted to stay on the safe side and made sure I was will looked after between her care and the specialist to make sure I had a safe pregnancy and delivery.

January 23rd, 2011
dr anita mcintyre was the best doctor i ever had , delivered 2 o my children , helped me through hard times , will never forget her and ill always be greatful to her ....

August 2nd, 2010
I went to see Dr.Meintyre when I found I was pregnant with my 3rd child. She handled every visit wonderfully and would always take as much time as I needed to answer all my questions. She also handled my tubal and hysterectomy, both times she did a great job. I have never felt rushed or neglected at her office and always get in quickly to see her. I recommend her to any woman seeking an OB/GYN. She will be mine for as long as she is practicing.