Dr. Anita Alvestad-Mcintyre MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 19th, 2017
Cannot Recomment
I'm not understanding where these five star reviews are coming from. Dr. McIntyre is the worst gynocologist I've ever seen. I have a very large fibroid causing tremendous pain and bleeding. I made a first visit to discuss another IUD as it worked magic for my cycles. My previous one from another office had fallen out. I immediately found her cold and rushed. Within a minute she said I should just have a hysterectomy. Off guard I quickly thought of some questions. Would you leave my cervix? "You can". Would you leave my ovaries. "You can. But you don't really need them anymore". I was only 40 years old and felt this response similar to an arrogant, old-school, male, surgeon, not a younger, female gynocologist. IUD was placed. The most excruciating ever! My previous one I felt absolutely nothing. I started bawling on the table and covered my face. Zero comfort from either the MA or the doctor and I layed there obviously in emotional and physical pain. Fast forward... this IUD fell out (likely because of fibroid) opted for pills didn't help, finally decided upon a hysterectomy about a year later. Went in for pre-surgery ultrasound and biopsy as required by insurance. On the table I felt a little apprehensive due to the last experience. Once again.... The most excruciating pain! She couldn't get a good biopsy sample of the uterus so had to try three times!! I'm crying in pain on the table again. Nothing from MA again (which I expected), but doc was a little more soothing in her words this time. I'm 42 years old and have had countless vaginal pelvic exams, etc. NOTHING compares to the pain by this woman. Like nothing I've ever experienced. So.... after all this she says office will call to schedule surgery. Office calls in a few days.. "We're sorry. We'll no longer be accepting your insurance as of the 1st so unfortunately we can't schedule surgery". Seriously?! And they didn't know this information the week before. Now I need to find another doctor and go through all this again. Unbelievable. But in the end... I think God was looking out for me by not having her perform the surgery. The biggest red flag should have been when I asked how long the hospital stay would be (for removal of uterus through lower stomach incision, not vaginally) she said same day. No hospital stay required. Every website I've looked at since says that this is definitely NOT a same day surgery.

October 27th, 2016
Amazing OB/GYN
Dr. McIntyre is by far the best OB/GYN I've ever encountered. Our daughter is also her patient and she delivered our granddaughter and did an amazing job. I worked for med mal lawyers who specialized in labor and delivery cases for seven years and my maternal grandmother died giving birth to my mom during the depression. So I am more paranoid than most and aware of the challenges OB/GYNs face. She has amazing communication skills and we worship her. She's helped with my menopause journey and handling our daughter's third pregnancy and we are blown away by her compassion, patience with our questions, and extreme competence. She's a rock star.

February 19th, 2015
Not an ideal experience
This Doctor came off nice however as appointments progressed it became evident that she was uncommunicative, fairly uncaring about concerns, did not volunteer information and only answered questions put to her in most minimum way possible. I Have Hypothyroidism, PCOS, and Asthma however No lab results were shared and my Thyroid levels were only checked twice even after concerns were shared in my second trimester of the levels being to low. Nothing was done to check or manage my thyroid beyond prescribing more of the current dosage of my medication. Upon review of the current medical records She did not record the issues I was having with Pelvic pain, Edema, or muscle tension along with not recording anything about the lab results. When asked what could be done about extenuating circumstances with being out of a place to live in the area right at the same time as my delivery date her response was that nothing could be done and when asked about inducement she said it wasn't possible at all, not even at 39 weeks. When further pressed for an opinion about moving across 3 states while 39 weeks pregnant her response was to do what we had to do in a very uncaring manner. I am not impressed with her lack of empathy or concern with my safety or my baby's and do not recommend her as a reliable doctor to see in the future.

November 18th, 2011
Amazing!
Dr. Mcintyre is an amazing doctor. I have had one child and also I had a miscarriage. She did a great job of understanding our fears. She scheduled my surgery the next day ( D and C, from the miscarriage). She understood we were stressed with the whole situation and she scheduled the surgery the next day during her lunch. She didn't want me to be stressed for a few days to a week before surgery. She is professional but also has the perfect mix of being personable as well, so you don't feel uncomfortable. She is very patient and will explain things and answer any questions you have. I would recommend her to anyone! I told people how great she is and many people I know have started going to her and they are very impressed! I work in the health care field and I encounter doctors on a routine basis, she is one of the nicest most detailed doctors I have ever met. I had a difficult pregnancy, when things just seemed to be a little outside the normal limits, she was quick to refer me to a specialist. She wanted to stay on the safe side and made sure I was will looked after between her care and the specialist to make sure I had a safe pregnancy and delivery.

January 23rd, 2011
dr anita mcintyre was the best doctor i ever had , delivered 2 o my children , helped me through hard times , will never forget her and ill always be greatful to her ....

August 2nd, 2010
I went to see Dr.Meintyre when I found I was pregnant with my 3rd child. She handled every visit wonderfully and would always take as much time as I needed to answer all my questions. She also handled my tubal and hysterectomy, both times she did a great job. I have never felt rushed or neglected at her office and always get in quickly to see her. I recommend her to any woman seeking an OB/GYN. She will be mine for as long as she is practicing.

March 6th, 2017