A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anita Mercado:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anita Mercado, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Geriatric Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Mercado graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Mercado has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- Ut Medical Branch
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mercado accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Texas Children's Health Plan - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Anita C. Mercado practice?
Dr. Anita Mercado practices Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Alhambra, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Houston, TX and Galveston, TX.
See Alhambra Internists, Alhambra Geriatric Doctors, and Alhambra Pulmonologists.