A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anita Mercado:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mercado
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mercado Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anita Mercado, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Geriatric Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Mercado graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Mercado has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals-Galveston
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Anita Castillo Mercado MD is a female Internist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Anita C. Mercado practice?
- Dr. Anita Mercado has 5 office locations.
Dr. Anita Mercado practices Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: League City, TX and Texas City, TX.
See Houston Internists, Houston Geriatric Doctors, and Houston Pulmonologists.