A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anita Mercado:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mercado
Urge Incontinence Patient Education Urinary incontinence patient education guide covers all aspects concerning overactive bladder diagnosis and treatment options.Before Visiting Dr. Mercado Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anita Mercado, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Geriatric Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Mercado graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Mercado has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals-Galveston
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Anita Castillo Mercado MD is a female Internist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Anita C. Mercado practice?
- Dr. Anita Mercado has 5 office locations.
Dr. Anita Mercado practices Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: League City, TX and Texas City, TX.
See Houston Internists, Houston Geriatric Doctors, and Houston Pulmonologists.