inactive

Anita Chaudhuri MD,PHD Patient Reviews

2.9

October 17th, 2016
Worst office staff ever
I respect Dr. Chauduri and feel that she's been very helpful in the two visits that I've had with her. I had to cancel the third appointment (ahead of time) due to another medical issue and I guess that was that. The office help was rude and surly. I'm unable to get a new appointment prior to having my prescriptions run out and was told they wouldn't call in refills I tried and they won't! I was also told there were no other appointments open prior to one in two months. A friend who also sees the Doctor called after me and was rescheduled for a month earlier. I'm on insulin. What if there was an emergency? I feel the unhelpful office staff was purposely putting my health in danger. I don't want to think that it was at the direction of Dr. Chaudhuri. I called my GP and asked if he could prescribe the medications for me. I value Dr. Chaudhuri's expertise but that doesn't help if I can't see her in time to have prescriptions filled.

September 11th, 2016
Changed my life
I think she is a terrific doctor. She has always been very caring, compassionate and easy to speak with. She does expect her patients to follow her instructions, as she explained to me this is only to help you get better. I have never had a bad experience with her office staff or her. After receiving my blood work, she has personally called me at home to discuss any changes she feels are necessary. I think the problem with a lot of people is they don't like how strict she is about patients being in charge of their own health, medications and appointments. She wants to see you at certain times and she wants you to stay on top of your medications. I guess she wants to hold you accountable for your own health. When it comes to diabetes let's face it we have to take ahold of our life and our choices, she is there to guide us and help us when necessary. I have no problems and can not find any fault with the doctor at all.

June 8th, 2016
The Doctor has canceled 4 appointments in 5 years, one she was gone for 5 months.Getting refills is ordeal of calling back and forth for up to 10 days. I been told to bring diabetes logs at a particular time only to show up and have no one in the office,this happened 4 times. Couldn't change a appointment for a funeral was the breaking point.

June 17th, 2014
Time to go to a different doctor
All of the bad stuff is true, taking my business and my health to someone else. The worst office staff I have ever seen since I was diagnosed with type one 25 years ago. If you were to die I think they would laugh it off.

March 21st, 2014
Unprofessional
I don't expect to go to the doctor's and be treated so rudely. She cuts you off while you are talking and just doesn't listen when you are trying to speak to her. She was angry at me because I hadn't seen her in over 6 months, however it was HER staff that had cancelled my appointment because they were "updating their computers" It took 4 months to get that appointment rescheduled, but somehow that was my fault?

February 27th, 2014
unbelievable
Well everyone seems to like this Doctor, but me. If I could find an endocrinologist near me, I would change in a heartbeat. She gives you five minutes the most, cuts you off when you are trying to explain your situation and as far as the meds go, I'm really questioning her judgement. I have been up and down in dosages for the last five years. Scripts are never sent to the pharmacy when they are supposed to be, which means needless phone calls to her office and the pharmacy. Follow up visits should be made sooner when dosages are changed not every six to eight months. No, I would not recommend her, unless you can handle the aggravation!

October 9th, 2013
After 5 years I guess I'm out
Started seeing the doctor after I had a stroke and they said it was caused by hyperthyroid.Past 5 years have been fine with the exception of when the medication she put me on after doing radiation on my thyroid was discontinued.When the pharmacy called and told me she was putting me back on the one medication that she herself said didn't work,I called the office.I think that was a mistake on my part.When I inquired about it the receptionist got kinda snarley and argumentative and said that was the doctor orders. Can I speak to the doctor?No,I'll call you back.Guess you can't question the doctor. Why would I take and pay for something that didn't work the first time I was put on it. About a month later I called to find out when my next appointment was and was told they had to cancel it due to the doctor not being away until July.Ok,give me a new date.The receptionist gave me a Saturday date in July. When I corrected that it was a saturday surly appeared again. She gave me another day and my fault was I wrote it down and misplaced the card it was on. When I called and asked about that and a prescription refill,I was told to get the meds off my family doctor as I haven't seen Dr Chaudhuri in 6 months. Thanks for 5 years doctor,I guess courtesy after 5 years are a no-no. Good Doctor,Bad staff.

September 29th, 2013
Worse experience ever
I've been a patient for a little over a year. At last appointment the Dr and I discussed changing medications, and I was told to follow up with a phone call in a month. I called ever couple of weeks for over 3 MONTHS!!! I thought that they were fighting with my insurance to get me covered. When I finally was put thru to the DR (after several months of hearing i was at the top of their list, and they would call me back....which NEVER happened). I learned from my discussion with the Dr that they had NEVER SUBMITTED MY MEDICINE REQUEST TO MY INSURANCE, so after 3 1/2 months finally did. So now I am 4 months behind on treatment for a serious issue. Then to top it off, they scheduled an apt for me to learn how to administer the new medication, and when I arrived on the appointed time, the office was closed. According to the office next door to them, the Dr's office decided to close and had called all their patients to cancel. All except for me and the drug rep, who was meeting me there. I did manage to find the drug rep, who was walking in as I was getting ready to leave. Unfortunately my medicine was locked in the Dr's fridge. I believe the Dr is a good Dr, but obviously she and her office have no concern for their patients. No one deserves to be treated the way their office treated me.

April 11th, 2012
Staff
Dr. Chaudhuri is a great doctor, but unfortunately her receptionist can be rude and unfriendly.

February 1st, 2012
Excellent physician who will notify patients of any changes in medication are needed. Office staff very friendly and helpful.

July 23rd, 2011
Great physician

March 15th, 2009
Office staff has 1 good person and the other is the grumpiest person I have ever dealt with. There is no reason to make me suffer for her miserableness.