Dr. Anita Iyer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

February 26th, 2016
OB/GYN
Just met Dr Iyer the other day. She seems to be a awesome Doctor and was on top of everything. I think we made a excellent choice.

January 4th, 2015
Top Notch Professional
Dr. Iyer has been one of the best physicians I have had. She has always been exceptionally polite and professional and has always been on top of her game when it came to my physical well being. She has been open to questions that I have asked her and in many situations, has helped to guide me through various phases of my "hormonal life". She even offered to help me speak to my teen age daughter going away to college about possible scenarios she should be aware of when it comes to her body. I AM SOOOO very greatful for that. Recently, I had to relocate to AZ and will no longer have her as a physician, however; I wanted to make it a point to refute the comments others have made on this site. I am unsure if they may have a problem with her "style", "professionalism as a female", or what... but I am flabbergasted by their comments. I have always seen my physicians as my consultants about my body, not my best friend. I trust that my doctor will tell me the truth so that I can best handle any conditions I have and that is what Dr. Iyer has done. If I could give her more than 5 stars I would and I would strongly recommend her to anyone wanting a strong and self-confident ObyGyn and woman guiding them through the various phases of our "hormonal" lives. Dr. Iyer, you will be missed!!

March 3rd, 2014
Stay Away from this practice
This pregnancy was made horrible by this practice. Horrible wait times usually 30 or more minutes. (average as 45 minutes). Rude/rough Doctors, rude staff (loudly arguing with patients), their billing department cannot seem to get anything right. The birthing process was horrible. Our nurse called Dr. Iyer several times during my labor where she was told to make me wait. Our nurse was forced to look for back ups. she appeared when my baby was crowning. She then delivered my baby and expressed how excited she was to be able to catch the next football game! She did a horrible job stitching me back up. Follow up appointments doctors told me my stitches were "loose" but they could fix it. The list goes on... stay away from womens first health.

August 22nd, 2013
I wish I would have read these reviews before I went to her for my yearly pap. I thought it was because I was in menopause that she was rude and could have cared less. She never asked about concerns and codnt wait to get out the door. Now I see she treats everyone like she's better than they are. I wod never recommend Anita iyer to anyone !

July 15th, 2013
Good
Liked the accurate diagnosis and Doctor's capabilities.Excellent.

March 18th, 2013
What a Jerk!
I can not belive how pompous and arrogant this Dr. is! Her bedside manor is appalling. She talks down to you and is very flippant with her answers. When vovoicing concerns about a c-section she ignored my concerns and kept telling me how simple the procedure was and how she had done so many. She totally bypassed my previous health issues and kept telling me how amazing she was. If you want to feel like a doctor could care less about you, your health, and your child go to her.

March 11th, 2013
No compassion
She delivered my first child. She was rude to my doula, rude to my family and I when we asked questions. She was in a hurry and rude. She made my birth experience not as happy and joyous as I had expected, I felt like I was just another number and she could careless about me or my child. I hope to never see her again and when we have our second child I will seriously debate changing obgyn practices to avoid her.

February 20th, 2013
Rude and in a wrong profession
I had my delivery last year and she came as substitute doctor. I was in so much pain and was not able to push hard because I was fatigued. She was in hurry, has no patience and was getting frustrated. She was very rude while talking and has some kind of attitude problem. She doesnt know how to handle pregnant women, she is in a wrong profession. I would never ever go back to her again or refer her to anyone.

December 3rd, 2012
Dr iyer doesnt know how to be considerate with her patients. Problem that we face might be small and minor for them but for us it is important. She is always in a hurry and doesnt spend enough time with patients.

November 12th, 2012
Very rude, not interested in hearing out the patient, no follow ups. I will never go back to her.

November 14th, 2011
Overall a great doctor!

September 30th, 2011
A very good OBGYN
I love Dr. Iyer! I saw her before and during my third pregnancy and she's great! I was so lucky that she was on call when I delivered my baby. I would recommend her to anyone!