Dr. Anjali Gopal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

July 21st, 2016
She has to be by far one of the most ignorant physicians I've ever encountered in my life.

January 22nd, 2016
Not sure I understand the negative reviews. Dr. Gopal has been great, she listens to my concerns, spends ample time with me and has been wonderful in treating my aggressive disease. The few times I have questioned her advice/treatment decisions, she has been right and has my well-being in mind. Her staff has always been very nice and pleasant to work with.

September 18th, 2015
Is this the same Dr. Anjali Gopal, Rheumatologist?
I have been seeing Dr. Gopal for years and don't believe these reviews are for the same person. She essentially cured me within the first 2 visits. I find her very helpful, accessible, friendly, and very considerate of holding to an accurate appointment schedule. Only once did she fall behind schedule and make me wait - all other times I have been in and out in minutes.

December 3rd, 2013
Really poor. Spent the whole time entering info on the computer without actually sitting, listening to what I have to say, assessing, examining and ultimately diagnosing. The drug required was determined in the first two minutes despite the examination not yet taking place. Then the rest of the appointment was spent talking about insurance. Whilst knowledge of insurance is definitely beneficial, the primary objective of the doctor should be on patient treatment and care. Communication was focused on trying to highlight how experienced she is (I've seen hundreds of patients and this has been the best treatment for them) rather than the customized solution that will best suit my symptoms and needs. There is a reason the wait time to see this doctor is a lot less than other rheumatologists under my insurance plan. I should have been more patient...

July 24th, 2013
Professional, thorough and caring!
Dr. Gopal is very intelligent and professional. Although my case is complicated, she took the time to be thorough and also compassionate. I disagree with the negative reviews given. I seen Dr. Gopal several times and she was consistently positive, professional and extremely knowledgable. She is one of the best physicians I have ever had and i highly recommend her! She is very fact-based and to the point which I find refreshing.

August 21st, 2012
This doctor is unqualified
Dr. Gopal should be under the supervision of a more experienced doctor until she learns how to prescribe medications properly. I was given full dosage of a drug that required a titration (gradual increase) of a medication and I suffered for 5 days the worst headache tripping feelings. Later found out from Pharmacist that I should have had titration pack, called doctor's office and was told it would now be waiting at the pharmacy...no follow up call to see how I was or apology for wrong medication was ever given. Her idea of treatment of Fibromyalgia is to group all her patients into one category "all you Fibromyalgia patients this or that". I am an individual who deserves individual educated treatment not wrong medication dosages and an uncaring doctor.

August 12th, 2012
She is the first doctor who understood my pain and treated my illness accurately. I am able to walk now that I was not able to do before. She is a very good doctor and I would recommend her to anybody.

April 15th, 2012
What a kid
She acts like a teenager. Does not seem to care that I am in pain. Doesn't call back with test results. Feels like I am wasting her time when at the appointment. Always a fight to get some kind of answers or pain meds. Just looked at my hands and said "that must hurt" and that was all. HORRIBLE does not do her justice. Don't use her.

February 27th, 2012
Felt like I was treated like a number; like I was lumped in with hundreds of other patients with similar condition without being treated like an individual. My problems are not exactly the same. It is too bad, but I felt like my voice was not heard. I left understanding the message that the doctor knows best; afterall, she studied all this medical stuff. What do I really know as the patient?