Dr. Anjali Mehta MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Chicago, IL

October 14th, 2015
First child
Dr. Mehta was the primary doctor during my wife's pregnancy. She was awesome! Excellent bedside manner, good listener, attentive, focused on our/my wife's needs. She was fantastic. We recommended her to a friend of ours who has been very happy with her and thanked us for recommending her. Since this was our first child it was a very stressful time and she made it much easier than it could have been.

October 13th, 2015
Highly recommend!
Dr. Mehta took me through my full pregnancy and delivered my daughter last summer. I treated my first appointment with her like an interview and really grilled her! She was open and honest and from that point on my husband and I both felt really comfortable with her. She gave me excellent care throughout my pregnancy and I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with her in the delivery room. I was really struggling and she was my biggest cheerleader. My hubby was of course amazing, but Dr. Mehta said/(yelled-in a really motivating way) exactly what I needed to hear to push that baby out! I wasn't sure if I was going to get an epidural or not, and she was open to whatever I wanted and supported my decision. I ended up not getting one and I think the no-pressure flexibility of dr. Mehta really helped. I cannot recommend her enough. I hope I'm lucky enough to have her deliver my #2!

March 28th, 2015
Inexperienced
I was recommended to this practice by a colleague but my desired doctor was not taking new patients. Was scheduled with Dr. Mehta instead and assured by the receptionist that she was 'very nice.' Very nice is true but doesn't cut it during a pregnancy. No physical exam performed at initial visit even when I was unsure of last pap exam timeframe. Dr. Mehta was not concerned about a surprising and abnormal lab value, twice! Thankfully I switched practices and recieved the attention and expertise drastically needed. Would not recommend.

May 18th, 2013
Professional
I have been seeing Dr. Mehta for the last few months. She is a true professional and a kind physician. I would highly recommend her to any of my friends and family. She is nice, straightforward and has been a great help in pregnancy.

February 19th, 2013
Not good, did not do physcial exam, spent less than ten minutes, told me not to cry after giving bad news, and walked out. billed level 5 visit but spent less than ten minutes overall.

February 2nd, 2013
Great Doc
Dr. Mehta is a caring and compassionate physician who seems spot on! She diagnosed me with endometriosis which was missed by my previous ob. I have a lot of faith in her.

January 22nd, 2013
Unreal
I made an appointment with this doctor because the other doctors in her Northwestern practice are very reputible. (melinda lukens and dr. arof) I called with intention on seeing one of those two doctors but was told they were both booked through april. I was offered an appointment for the next day with Dr. Mehta. I accepted. When she asked me for my LMP and I was unsure she said that bc I was unsure of my LMP she could not confirm how pregnant I was and that the ultrasound looked about four weeks but there was only a gestational sac no yolk. I asked her if it is normal to see the yolk at 4 weeks and she said no not until 5 or 6 weeks. She proceeded to tell me that one of three things was happening 1. I was early in my pregnancy, 2. I was mmiscarrying, 3. I was having an ectopic pregnancy. I asked her if anything in the ultrasound was abnormal for four weeks of pregnancy and she said no but that I should prepare myself bc one in five pregnancy end in miscarriage. I was appalled instead of this being the happiest moment ever I became panicked and stricken with fear and anxiety. I later spoke with another ob who assured me everything was as it should be and told me to come back in one week for another us and ordered blood work for the next day to make sure my hcg was still rising. She was awful! I would not recomend to an enemy.