Surgical Specialist

Calm show details Calm
by Nenia Weaver on May 1st, 2016

I thought I was in for the most life threatening experience and Dr. Brown's bedside manner kept me calm as we explored what was going on with me and my body. The procedures were uncomfortable but she did her best to keep me as comfortable as possible. I tell everyone I know that she is the one you want in your corner if you have to go through this kind of life changing experience. She is competent and sure in her mannerism which makes you feel that she's got you and she does have you all the way to the end of it plus some! I referred my sister to her and my sister could not have had better care anywhere else than with Dr. Brown.

Compassionate, Genuine and Professional show details Compassionate, Genuine and Professional
by SRMc on Apr 30th, 2016

Dr Brown was considerate and warm, caring and very detailed. Even now with the treatments behind us, she has shown a friendliness that is special and long lasting. I have recommended her to a work colleague and both of my sisters have seen her in her office. Dr Brown's staff is patient and proficient. Any person/woman that needs a Breast disease doctor, must make atleast the first visit to Dr Brown's office to learn for themselves she is the best choice in the area!

very bad experience show details very bad experience
Apr 29th, 2016

AJ Brown is under-trained and should get a different job, she is incompetent and lacks skills, misdiagnosis lead to many problems for the patient. Brown is horrible and would never send anyone to her. She does not listen and just yells at people.

Awesome Doc show details Awesome Doc
by Judy Yard on Apr 13th, 2016

Have been a patient of Dr Brown for over a year. She came highly recommended when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had no problem getting an appointment. Dr Brown spent a minimum of an hour and a half with my sister and I. Procedure and time frame was explained. She drew diagrams and explanations of everything. I don't feel I could have gotten better care if I went to some "top" doc in the country. My follow up vists have been timely. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr Brown.

Apr 7th, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Brown's for 2 years. She takes time to explain everything thoroughly and treats you like you are her one and only patient. I would NEVER go to any other breast Doctor other than Dr. Brown. She truly is the best and comes highly recommended from anyone that has been a patient of hers.

Apr 6th, 2016

How does a women feel when she is told she has beast Ca? Do I have to say? The Matter-of-Fact approach that Dr. Brown lends herself has allowed me to feel more at ease in believing that no matter what the outcomes, breast Ca is curable and we will get through this. That her confident style speaks, I will take care of this all you have to do is heal. This is exactly what happened and this is exactly what I did. What more is there to say?

A Great Experience show details A Great Experience
by A. Figley on Mar 30th, 2016

Dr. Brown is friendly, knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Brown is an excellent surgeon and has wonderful bed side manner. She is considerate and a good listener. I highly recommend her!

by Angela on Mar 29th, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Brown for about 3 years now & I am completely satisfied. She is very Personelable, she spent alot of time with me before& after my procedure. She is courteous, polite,. Appointments I usually make before to work am in & out in no time at all unless I have questions in no time. I have never sat and waited for no more then maybe10 minutes.

No one other.... show details No one other....
by K. DeClement on Mar 25th, 2016

I trust no one other than Dr. AJ Brown for my breast health! She is professional yet down to earth, extremely knowledgable but not intimidating and 100% accurate in my diagnosis! She is the all-around best doctor I know...And I'm a nurse!

Peace of mind and completely comfortable with my doctor! show details Peace of mind and completely comfortable with my doctor!
by Angela on Mar 20th, 2016

Radiologists spent 4 years follow multiple cysts, making me repeat Mammos & Ultrasounds. One visit with Dr. Brown, she was like it is about time we get them out! That is exactly what she did removed them, sent them out to the lab and done! Yes finally a Doctor not afraid of implants!.She was referred to me by a good friend of mine that had basically the same scenario.

Mar 19th, 2016

Compassionate and caring. She took very good care of me and returned me to good health.

by Tracy on Mar 16th, 2016

Dr. AJ is the most caring and compassionate Doctor you would ever want to meet. She takes time to explain everything that's necessary. She tells you all the pros and cons and make you feel like the most important person in the world. I would recommend her to my family and friends. If I could give her 1000 stars she very worthy of them.

Run Away show details Run Away
Mar 10th, 2016

Brown is full of herself and does not listen to what patients want. don't let her operate on you her mistakes are huge and does not take responsibility for them. would not send friends to her. waiting time is so long and she gives nothing, very poor level of care.

Some things are worth the wait!!!! show details Some things are worth the wait!!!!
Mar 7th, 2016

Dr. Brown found my breast cancer despite an MRI and mammogram finding nothing. She saved my life with a proper breast exam that has fallen by the wayside with May doctors. She performed 2 lumpectomies as well as my double mastectomy & I would have never felt as safe with anyone else. She is a breath of fresh air who doesn't sugar coat things & tells it like it is.

Oct 27th, 2015

by JTB on Jan 15th, 2015

Speaks to you in layman' terms. Explains everything regarding diagnosis and approach. She has a way of taking away the worries.

Absolutely wonderful show details Absolutely wonderful
by Joanne T. on Jun 26th, 2014

Exceptional doctor, vibrant personality, caring, and compassionate! I couldn't ask for any better! I am an RN and Dr. brown was highly recommended to me by a fellow advance practice nurse. I highly value fellow nurses recommendations of physicians, it speaks volumes in my opinion.

Life saver! show details Life saver!
Oct 19th, 2012

Dr. Brown is a great doctor. I'm so happy that my doctor referred me to her. Everyone kept asking why I didn't get a second opinion and I just told them there is no need I'm in good hands. She performed one of my biopsies and my surgery which was a lumpectomy and has continued to give me support through out it all. Dr. Browns staff are great also.Thank you for everything but most of all my life!,

Mar 23rd, 2011

Dr Brown took the time to explain EVERYTHING to me regarding my mammogram. She's beyond great.

shes amazing!! show details shes amazing!!
Aug 29th, 2010

she was so gentle and had amazing bedside manner. She made me feel extremely comfortable throughout my appointments and surgery. Highly recommend her to everyone!

Dr. AJ Brown is the surgeon ladies! show details Dr. AJ Brown is the surgeon ladies!
Jun 9th, 2010

In the medical world today you are lucky to get a talented surgeon. Dr.Brown not only is the best doctor I have had,but her bedside manner surpasses any doctor I have ever met. It's like she has known you and you have been friends for years. I had a breast biopsy in her office at the breast center and the staff, myself and Dr. Brown actually laughed and joked during what should have been a tough time. I have breast cancer, but it is contained and she did fabulous job with my surgery. God Bless!