Overall Review

2.7

April 3rd, 2016
You Deserve Better Than This Doctor
Horrible. Please read the other reviews and believe them. His prescriptions are written improperly and he doesn't understand what he is doing wrong. Absolutely refuses to listen to you. Treats you like a drug addict instead of someone with a diagnosed medical condition. Does not care about patients at all. Arrogant. Lies. Keep looking. You deserve better.

January 28th, 2016
The only issue I have is with scheduling your first appointment as a new patient. It took close to 3 months for me to get an appointment. The office said they would let me know if there were any cancellations, but I never received a call.Yet, once treatment was initiated, I was offered a few appointment options 2 weeks after my first. I understand this office is very busy, but new patients should be prioritized over stable patients who are just needing follow ups, seeing as new patients are the most vulnerable. Other than this issue, Dr. Irfan is a great, caring, knowledgeable doctor.

September 12th, 2014
Hard to establish trust/ dictator style of care
He is very difficult if not impossible to get to know. Doesn't listen at all. Thinks patients are primarily drug seekers and this attitude ultimately undermines patient/doctor relationship. Extremely stiff and overtly distant. Will not tolerate interruptions, yet never gives you a chance to express your issues. Horribly under medicates and then gets angry when you tell him the meds are not working. Not open at all to any suggestions by the patient who ultimately know their body better than anyone else. I've been seeing him for over 4 years and have only gotten worse. Sadly, he is one of the few psychiatrists remaining that still accept insurance. It would cost me hundreds of dollars monthly to see someone else which makes any change prohibitive. The state of healthcare, especially mental heath care has never been worse in this country. Sad, for supposedly the greatest country on earth. If you can afford anyone else, Id suggest you pursue that avenue unless you have the tolerance for a dictator style doctor/patient relationship.

January 25th, 2014
Looking at all the reviews and they are right on the money!!! Horrible experience. Went to him about 5 times and each visit got worse confirming his lack of ability. He has no tolerance and unwilling to help. Not good at prescribing drugs. Very arrogant. I now have a new doctor that is understanding and helpful much unlike Dr. Irfan. I agree with all the reviews. Run, not walk, the other way!!!!!

October 9th, 2013
I am very surprised by the reviews. I have had nothing but positive experiences and have been truly helped by Dr. Irfan.

March 7th, 2013
Terrible doctor!!!!!!!!!! The office is unable to keep track of payment. Very unkind and unprofessional. They think you owe them payment and will continue to bill you even when you pay after each visit! The worst doctor ever! He will belittle you! Terrible diagnosis. Cannot even pronounce the drug properly. Is he educated at all?

May 11th, 2012
would not go back
He didn't really listen to anything I was saying. Didn't seem to be interested in anything but getting me in and out. Not a pleasant experience

January 19th, 2011
I did not enjoy seeing this doctor. He had no respect whatsoever for any self-awareness I had. The meds he prescribed were horrible, and the dosage way off. He insisted I take higher doses, and finally I just stopped seeing him and stopped the medicine altogether. The therapists that work in the practice are phenominal, but I wouldn't see this psychiatrist again.

June 19th, 2009
Terrible Experience
I saw Dr. Irfan for over a year. He may be the worst doctor on the planet. He missed diagnosed me and then got angry with me and demanded drug tests once he realized his blunder. It is a shame that I cannot go back anymore because I did enjoy talking to his psychologist. However, I was told I was no longer allowed to see her without seeing him. I really needed some more work with her but they pushed me away. I would not recommend this office for anyone, unless you want to hurt yourself. Thanks

March 12th, 2009
He just gets you in and gets you out... Can Be RUDE!!!