Dr. Ann Adinamis Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Ann Adinamis?

Dangerous pill pusher

Posted on August 26th, 2016

Thanks to her, I spent years in a drugged-induced fog. If her reckless drugging wasn't backed by medical authority, we'd call it child abuse. Avoid at all costs.

Great fit for me and my family

Posted on May 12th, 2016

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was in fifth grade I was out of control when I was younger. I went through a lot trying to get the right meds. Throughout this whole experience Dr. Adinamis has been the kindest and knows how to regulate my mood. I cannot imagine my life without her and she was wonderful when I went to college and worked with me remotely. I would suggest if you start going to her to also get therapy sessions from one of her partners because she follows up with them to help with diagnosis and prescribing. She gives me the choice if I want to start a new medication and gives me options of where to go if my mood is off and explains what they do and the side effects. All the staff are wonderful and helpful.

Posted on October 21st, 2015

one of the best in town. Really does practice because she wants to help others; excellent knowledge, skill, and abilities. Uses current methods such as DNA methods to determine likelihood of response of medication choices

A Godsend that saved our family's life

Posted on February 3rd, 2012

My husband and I adopted infant twin boys who turned out to have autism and Asperger's. Dr. Ann diagnosed the one with autism when he was four and the Asperger's son at age 7. When our biological son was born three years after the twins it wasn't long before we knew something was terribly wrong. He was like a 3-year-old on crack. No doctor in our town could figure him out; they tried ADD meds and he got worse. So again, we made the drive to Indianapolis, and again, Dr. Ann saved the day. She called it like it was: early-onset bipolar disorder (yes, at age FOUR) and got him on the right medication. If not for her medical genius, caring nature, concern for our entire family, and willingness to always be there for us over the past 17 years, I'm not sure any of us would still be alive. I can't begin to describe what we went through.Today I'm proud to say our three sons are happy, well-adjusted, and have exceeded all their teachers' and therapists' expectations--largely due to the care and guidance of Dr. Ann. She always listened to them and included them in their medication planning, which made them feel that they were a part of their progress and emotional health.A Four Star rating is far too low for a doctor of her caliber, but it is the highest I was allowed to give.

She Ruined My Life through Misdiagnosis and Overmedication

Posted on August 18th, 2011

I saw Dr. Adinamis from age 11 to about 24-25. I was always irritable and would get angry quickly. She diagnosed me as "Bipolar II" by asking me if I felt my life was "like a rollercoaster" and because of adverse effects of Prozac she prescribed when I was 12. I was put on multiple types of medications at different levels. The Depakote I took for years ended up giving me seizures that I have to this day. My latest doctor took me off the medications and treated me for anxiety and depression. Ann wouldn't do that because she was afraid I'd become "manic." She was verbally abusive and dismissive in sessions, scaring me into taking my meds. I was a child with no choice. My life completely collapsed in high school. I barely graduated though I was always a straight-A student. She decided I should not go to college because of my instability. I have lost anything that made me feel like I am a human. Now I might have permanent brain damage from the meds she prescribed. In addition to that, I have the feeling of inferiority she gave me by convincing me I was "diseased" and would have to take meds and do therapy forever. When I look back, if she had taken one session to ask me about my home/school life, this would have been avoided. Before I was "old enough" to have individual sessions with her, my parents would do all the talking. I became the cause of all the problems in the house. If I disagreed it was a sign of illness. Our family trusted her. Thanks, Ann.

Posted on August 25th, 2017