Dr. Ann Gessner DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Ames, IA

February 14th, 2017
Outstanding Care
Dr. Gessner is an extremely thoughtful, caring and thorough Patient advocate. She goes above and beyond to meet the needs of the women she treats. I travel from her previous town to continue my care and friendship!

February 14th, 2017
Excellent doctor and good person!
I have been a patient of Dr. Gessner's for almost 15 years. When she left the Marshalltown Clinic to move to Ames with her family, I followed. She is an excellent doctor who cares about her patients well being and takes the time to listen to your concerns. I feel she discusses with you the best treatment options and plans for the future with you as a woman. I trust her and after many years I feel I have a friend. She is passionate about her work, her patients and also her family. I would and I do recommend her to everyone I know.

January 20th, 2017
Highly Dissatisfied
Although I did not see her throughout my pregnancy, she was the doctor on call who delivered my baby. She has horrible beside manner. The epidural did not work, and she was completely unsympathetic to the pain I was in. She barely checked in, and the whole time she acted irrated and inconvenienced. During delivery, I was giving it my all but she would only say I wasn't trying. She didn't seem to care about me or my baby as patients, just another number. I would never recommend her to anyone.

October 4th, 2011
Love Her!!
Dr. Gessner was an amazing doctor while I was pregnant and did an amazing job helping me deliver my first child. I felt that she expressed her concerns and opinions with me and what she felt was best (she suggested a c-section, as I was having a large baby) but let me make the final decision and fully supported me in having my baby naturally. She is the only doctor I will have to deliver my babies!

July 10th, 2009
Best Doctor
Dr. Gessner delivered both of my children and it was the most amazing experience of my life. I was thrilled when she was able to deliver my second child after the wonderful care she took of me during the birth of my first. I also had a minor surgery performed by Dr. Gessner and again, she was amazing. Wonderful bedside manor, gentle and caring. I have recently learned that she is leaving Marshalltown to move to Des Moines and I am very sad about that, but excited for her and the new patients that will get to experience her excellent care. I would recommend her to anyone having a baby or having problems, she is so great!!