Ophthalmologists
Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center
4647 Zion Ave
San Diego, CA 92120
619-528-5000
Locations and availability (2)

|  Dr. Hornby comes highly recommended  |  show details
by Brad Willis on Nov 15th, 2013

I first met Dr. Hornby at Kaiser due to a viral eye infection, which she successfully treated. Some time later, Dr. Hornby successfully performed cataract surgery on my left eye. Dr. Hornby is a very down-to-earth person who is friendly, not egotistical or arrogant, and truly listens to her patient. She is also quite good about following up with e-mail messages promptly and thoroughly. I had many questions about cataract surgery and the various options available. Dr. Hornby was quite patient and detail-oriented in addressing my questions and concerns. She also has a fun sense of humor. Let me also add that the fear of cataract surgery is much, much worse than the actual surgery, which only takes a few minutes (although you do sit around for hours prior to surgery). I believe Dr. Hornby has completed something like 6,000 cataract surgeries, and there is no substitute for experience. So I certainly do recommend Dr. Hornby. I was surprised that she didn't have any online reviews, given her level of experience, so I thought I'd change that.