Dr. Ann Kools MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 13th, 2015
Great Bedside Manner
Had my first ever colonoscopy last week...Dr. Kools had the honor of being the first person to perform this delicate procedure on me. Dr. Kools explained everything beforehand and talked throughout the procedure about what she was doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Kools and the staff at Park Nicolette.

February 7th, 2014
Warning
What was most memorable about Dr. Kools was her expressionless face and few words spoken. She seemed lifeless, to me, at the time but, still, I figured she was a doctor and trusted her implicitly. She had a report from Mayo which recommended I be put on a trial of URSO. If she had followed Mayo's recommendation, I wouldn't be as advanced in my liver disease as I am today. After ten years I began to feel congestion in my liver and asked to go back to Mayo and she refused to give me a referral. She told me "It costs too much and, besides, there's nothing that can be done to help anyway". She had already written me off. I decided to back to Mayo without her referral, found a doctor who immediately put me on URSO and my liver profile returned to normal. That proved I had PBC, a diagnosis she never bothered to pursue. It's been 4-5 years, now, and my profile is still normal. The previous scarring that had occurred over the years (I have cirrhosis) is still there but she never explained it to me what was taking place in my liver and so I was clueless about what was happening all along) The URSO would have slowed down the process of scarring, considerably, if she had only followed the Mayo recommendations she had in my medical file. I have wanted to write to her (don't trust myself to see her face to face) but have been too angry at her for being so uncaring.

September 3rd, 2008
Dr. Kools continues to prove that she is an asset to Park Nicollet. Her professionalism, care and thoroughness are consistently supporting our family through a long chronic illness. I can't rave about her enough.