Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
2 Cardinal Park Dr SE
Ste 102B
Leesburg, VA 20175
703-771-9001
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  It's that time again....  |  show details
by CJCoviello on Apr 7th, 2014

Nine years ago I had my first colonoscopy with Dr. Ma. I am about to undergo my second - with Dr. Ma. I wouldn't think of going to anyone else. Dr. Ma is wonderful doctor, top notch I must say. She has a straight forward manner which I appreciate immensely. She is kind and interested in her patients. I did not wait very long to begin my appointment, 10 minutes - which is truly unusual regarding wait times with other doctors. In other words, her staff knows the appropriate time required when scheduling appointments. I appreciated Dr. Ma's honesty, professional manner, and the confidence I felt when I attended the pre-procedure appointment nine years ago as well as today. Excellent doctor, I would highly recommend Dr. Ma to friends and family.

|  Prescribes Expensive Treatments w/o Proper Exam  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2013

Everything that was mentioned below with respect to how Dr. Ma treats her patients is what I experienced. Be prepared for her to mislead you into choosing an expensive, invasive procedure without listening, without explaining and most egregiously WITHOUT conducting a visual exam. Dr. Ma is very quick to jump to conclusions, she does not listen and is condescending. For whatever reason, she felt it was appropriate to belittle my profession as boring. But the most disturbing aspect of the entire experience was her dismissive demeanor and failure to perform basic medical duties.

|  Be Alert with Your Insurance Coverage  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

This office does not inform their patient whether their services covered by insurance or not. When insurance does not pay the bill, this office will bill you and claim it is your responsibility to know.

Dec 4th, 2011

I have met w/Dr. Ma 2x in the last 2 years..I will never go back! She blames my gastro issues on my being "obese" ..I am a size 8! Really!! She mocked my going to the gym, my eating habits, and ultimately, my medical issue! I can't imagine what she would have to say to someone who is a size 10! Nothing like going into a doctor's appt. for a perscription refill and leaving in tears!

Oct 27th, 2011

Dr. Ma can be very business-like which I think some interpret as not warm. She also pushes patient responsibility for participation in their own care - this won't appeal to folks with any complex condition who want a magic wand. I have an autoimmune condition which significantly affects my GI tract. I saw several gastros before settling with her and frankly many of them were not experienced enough to treat me. She is up to date on the latest protocols and procedures. I feel understood with her and confident in her opinions and recommendations. I would recommend her to anyone.

Oct 20th, 2011

Insurance wasn't accepted, period. Result of colonoscopy was not explained completely. Said diverticula was due to eating too much white bread. Gave nutritional information on an illegible handout, said to avoid seeds. Recently received results to take to new physican and was shocked by the complete report and what I was not told.

Oct 11th, 2011

I found Dr. Ma to be very kind, compassionate, and professional. The same can be said about every member of her staff, from the receptionist, to the nurse, to the scheduling nurse. Nothing at all like suggested by some of he comments posted here. They either have Dr. Ma confused with someone else or they caught her on a really, really bad day. I was so glad I didn't keep these negative comments dissuade me from keeping my appointment with Dr. Ma. She's a wonderful doctor.

|  Doctor should take a long vacation  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

Woman was impatient when asked questions and stormed around her office yelling at her staff within the hearing of patients. Would suggest she take a long vacation and learn to relax.

|  don't waste your time  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

so rude and unprofessional, wouldn't listen to my symptoms - thought she had the answers and was completely wrong in the diagnosis - went elsewhere and finally found a dr to listen - problems solved too

|  go somewhere else  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

I found her to be rude, nasty and the bed side manner of the grinch who stole x-mas.reminded me of my forth grade teacher. (used to pull my hair)...

Apr 26th, 2010

My daughter had some GI problems and we were referred to Dr. Ma's office. She did a colonoscopy on her and quickly diagnosed her with either colitis or crohns before any biopsys or blood work came back. Her delivery of this message was harsh with no caring or sensitivity. When we asked for a copy of her records to get a second opinion, she became very definsive and told us to let the next Dr. deal with her prescriptions. I feel any good Dr. would not be intiminated if a patient wanted to seek a second opinion. I would not recomend her to my worse enemy...even if she is correct in her diagnosis, she has no bedside manner, and upset my daughter and myself with her matter of fact, uncaring, cold and thoughtless words!

|  Excellent doctor-highly recommend  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2010

While I had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment as a new patient of this doctor, I found both Dr. Ma and her staff to be everything I'd expect of a practice.The doctor was especially patient and caring and spent a generous amount of time with me answering my questions, particularly about my health history and medication issues. A follow-up appointment was scheduled promptly without wait as soon as I left.

|  Don't go  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2010

The office is a mess. They had my records in another patient's file that had my same name. They are too booked with screenings to see patients who are ill. Doctor is rude, saying, "how did you get so big?" and when I was sick and crying, she admitted that she thought I was crazy. Found another doctor pretty darn quick.

Apr 28th, 2008 on yahoo.com

This is the worst run office. If she as a dr. is like her practice, I advise not going. I was in horible pain and bleeding rectally. Went to the hospital under the office Dr. Ma's guidance. The next day tried to see her as an emergency and was put off by

Read Full Review at yahoo.com