Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Mary L. Butscher on May 21st, 2015

Very down to earth doctor who speaks to you in terms you can understand. Listens to your concerns.

by Mr. VERY UNHAPPY WITH DR. STUART AND HER INCOMPETENT STAFF on Mar 19th, 2015

I have adult ADD and own a business in engineering and maintain a very high volume, hectic schedule providing construction layout for major contractors in the Cleveland area with constant pressure to keep their crews on track........and along with every stereotypical ADD symptom out there...I guess I had ALL OF THEM. All my life I have been against taking ANY kind of medicine for ANY sickness/illness that has arisen.... but at the initial consultation and after taking all these tests.....Dr. Stuart talked me into trying Adderol. Subsequently and begrudgingly after my wife MADE me fill the prescription and follow thru with this.....I have to admit as soon as the drug took effect I began to experience my first "calm" since I could remember.... where the world slowed down around me and I could actually focus and organize my thoughts!Remember having a tear in my eye as I ran into the laundry room to tell my wife. Over the two year period that I was her patient, we finally settled on a dose of 20 mg instant release pills taken twice a day. I didn't like that I had to manually CALL in my prescription EVERY month because having ADD you can imagine I waited to the last minute more than a few times but I guess this is mandatory practice with this type of drug..... I was also told that it was mandatory that I see her periodically. This is when I started to experience the incompetency of her office personnel... Twice I was given an appointment and when I got to the office and checked in....the SAME young blond girl had NO record of my appointment! It was MORE than frustrating! For me to take off during business hours and drive to medina from downtown Cleveland where my office is located and then to find out they screwed up with my scheduling was ...to the say the LEAST... very frustrating. I even showed the blond girl the card that SHE had personally scheduled...she even admitted it was HER handwriting with the time and date. All I got was a rude "Humph, well I can reschedule you is all I can do!" Well recently I have been going thru some incompetency in my OWN staff which has caused some major construction mistakes in the field and have had to miss a few appointments. Last week I received a letter from Dr. Stuart saying she can NO LONGER PROVIDE MEDICAL TREATMENT and that she can refer me to someone else!!?? No reason was given. I called her office and that SAME blond girl answered as I totally remember her flighty voice...like one would remember fingernails on a chalkboard.... and when I asked to speak with Dr. Stuart she said that she wasn't available and when I told her the purpose of my call she put me on hold for 20 minutes.. finally got back and said that I have been "discharged" as a patient due to NUMEROUS missed appointments!!! I had missed two appointments in the last 6 months and the other two were due to appointments that NEVER existed??? Not to mention isn't a patient supposed to get a WARNING?? I have/had absolutely NO desire to "start over" with a new doctor and I can POSITIVELY say that if I was ever told that if I miss another appointment that Dr. Stuart would terminate her services as my doctor....I WOULD NEVER MISS ANOTHER APPOINTMENT UNLESS IT WAS A MAJOR CALAMITY!!!!! Even DESPITE her incapable office staff! I mean WHO does this??? No WARNING? Are there THAT many people out there with the same type of illness that I have that it is considered a PRIVELEDGE TO BE HER PATIENT?? These doctor visits were basically me sitting in the main waiting room for half an hour...then being called into the typical small room and wait for sometimes up to 45 minutes!! Then she would come in with her little laptop and say is everything ok? I would say great. We would exchange small talk and pleasantries and then she would leave. I would wait another 20 minutes and one of the staff nurses (who were ALWAYS friendly by the way) would come in and give me my prescription and I would be allowed to leave. If anyone should be discharged it would be her scheduling department!!!! So here I am taking the time to write my very FIRST review of a doctor and her staff and I am NOT HAPPY to say the LEAST that I wasn't given a personal phone call from her explaining why I was "discharged as a patient" without any type of warning! I wasn't aware doctors could even DO that! Last time I checked we were paying THEM! ... a considerable amount of money I might add(erol) !!!!! so now I have called Cleveland Clinic looking for a doctor that is closer to my home or work thinking this would aid in future unexpected DISCHARGES but CC said they do not handle adult ADD cases....only children. Dr. Stuart's rude staff member gave me the name and number of three doctors "upstairs" but I am not going to step foot any where NEAR that rude, incompetent staff member for fear she might infect me and all of a sudden I might yell at an old lady or throw rocks at small children. All joking and frustration aside, Dr. Stuart as a person and a professional doctor was great and even after I described the two frustrating episodes regarding her staff member she made me feel like she would deal with it and that it happens a lot and she is also very frustrated. But yet this same staff member remains employed obviously to this day. I am wondering now if maybe Dr. Stuart sees so many patients that she isn't even aware that I am discharged, just took the word of her staff member who I can imagine stated that I was totally inconsiderate and had no regard for her as a doctor maybe??? so she signed the letter? Well Dr. Stuarts only fault is that she lets this staff member remain employed and now that my body is hooked on two 20 mg pills a day of this powerful medicine, which I will be out of next week, I can only pray that whomever I find to replace her will still prescribe this same medicine and this same dose. If you are considering using Dr. Stuart as your medical provider please PLEASE take into consideration my efforts in persuading you to FIND SOMEONE ELSE! Just getting to SEE her takes a minimum of an hour and the entire visit will be two hours minimum out of your day. Not to mention you will be scheduled to appear on a date that when you promptly APPEAR will only be known TO YOU..... and then finally don't be surprised if after putting up with these long visits and screwed up scheduling appointments....you get a very VAGUE letter in the mail with NO WARNING stating she can NO LONGER be your doctor.

Worst Experience with a Physician in My Life show details Worst Experience with a Physician in My Life
Dec 26th, 2013

Dr. Stuart and her staff are uninformed, inexperienced and inappropriate. After waiting nearly one and a half hours for my appointment I left and made an appointment for the following week. My appointment lasted 5 minutes, Dr. Stuart didn't bother to examine me and she prescribed me a medication that counteracted with my medical condition. When I got the bill it said that I had to pay the entire amount in full, not a copay, because even though 4 people in the office assured me that they took my insurance with 100% coverage...it turned out they were wrong. When I asked the office to meet me half way on the charges since several members of the team misinformed me, they refused. Then the doctor wrote me a letter reprimanding me for challenging the bill. I have a chronic medical condition and have been in and out of hospitals and doctors offices since the age of two. I have never had an experience like this one. Two of my friends had children misdiagnosed by Dr. Stuart and I was warned about seeing her. I should have listened to their advice. Please STAY AWAY to avoid frustration!

Doctor is woderful show details Doctor is woderful
Jul 26th, 2012

I have been a patient with the Dr. for about 9 years now. She has always been very good to deal with. I always seem to get an appointment that is convenient for my busy schedule, in fact last month I was going on vacation and wasn't feeling well, the Dr. was able to squeeze me in the same day I called, which was a big relief. She wrote me a prescription that tremendously hellped me and I got to enjoy my vacation. I think that she gives me her full attention during each visit and is genuinely interested in what I have to say..... I like dealing with the Dr.

Currently Looking for a New Doctor show details Currently Looking for a New Doctor
Jun 30th, 2012

Dr. Stuart and her staff seem to need to reconsider their career paths. At first I thought it was just her staff, I informed her of the problems and she reprimanded me for my high expectations. She even called me at home to reprimand me for speaking up on the behalf of my husband and lab work that was supposed to be part of his routine well man check that they neglected to do. Worst of all, it took her 4 years to refer my husband to a gastroenterolgist where he was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. She said he was stressed and most likely because of having a wife like me. Unbelievable.

No Return Visit from This First Time Patint show details No Return Visit from This First Time Patint
Jun 23rd, 2011

I am new to the Medina area & was seen at the Urgent Care who recommended me to Dr. Stuart. It took me 3 weeks to get an appointment with her, when I was in extreme pain. When my appt finally came around, I feel Dr. Stuart was less than interested with my pain,trivialized aspects of my condition, spent too little time in evaluating my situation,didn't read the notes from the nurse who checked me in,had no idea why I was there and failed to "hear" my over-all complaints. This was the first impression to my would-be new Primary Care Physician-I will gladly make the hour drive to see my old Dr. while I keep looking for a new one who's closer.

UH Affiliation not a plus show details UH Affiliation not a plus
May 2nd, 2011

I agree that the UH management of the practice has caused the overall quality of care to decline. The billing department is awful. The office staff is too busy to be pleasant and has no time to answer questions. It seems that staff turnover is high as you see new nursing and office staff in the office at each visit. It is unfortunate that Dr. Stuart does not seem to enjoy her work. Her bedside manner is more detached and follow-up is very poor.

4 yrs. as Patient show details 4 yrs. as Patient
by 40 yr old male in Medina on Apr 12th, 2011

When Dr. Stuart was part of Medina Hospital, things went well. But when she moved to University Hospitals, things have gone down hill. Every time I go in there, there's different people working. The girls who greet you are rude and act like you're bothering them because they're on the phone. They don't give you a receipt for your co-pay until you actually enter the exam room. The Medical Assistant's don't know why you're there for that visit (and they should). Dr. Stuart many times does not even know why you're there and has to ask. She keeps no "task list" of what's been done to the patient and what needs done at that visit and upcoming visits. No one calls with test results and I have to call and call to find out. Prescriptions have been called in to the wrong locations and caused my credit card on file to be charged 6x the price I normally pay at Walmart. The pills shipped and there's no way to get a refund. I also had to wait more then 2 weeks for a prescription to be sent over to MEDCO. Poor follow-up, rude assistants, and a general feeling that no really knows what's going with your health care. Had to wait 55 min. to get into an exam room last time and then another 30 min. before Dr. Stuart actually came into the room.