Family Physicians
4001 Carrick Dr
Ste 150
Medina, OH 44256
330-721-8500
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Worst Experience with a Physician in My Life  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2013

Dr. Stuart and her staff are uninformed, inexperienced and inappropriate. After waiting nearly one and a half hours for my appointment I left and made an appointment for the following week. My appointment lasted 5 minutes, Dr. Stuart didn't bother to examine me and she prescribed me a medication that counteracted with my medical condition. When I got the bill it said that I had to pay the entire amount in full, not a copay, because even though 4 people in the office assured me that they took my insurance with 100% coverage...it turned out they were wrong. When I asked the office to meet me half way on the charges since several members of the team misinformed me, they refused. Then the doctor wrote me a letter reprimanding me for challenging the bill. I have a chronic medical condition and have been in and out of hospitals and doctors offices since the age of two. I have never had an experience like this one. Two of my friends had children misdiagnosed by Dr. Stuart and I was warned about seeing her. I should have listened to their advice. Please STAY AWAY to avoid frustration!

|  Doctor is woderful  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

I have been a patient with the Dr. for about 9 years now. She has always been very good to deal with. I always seem to get an appointment that is convenient for my busy schedule, in fact last month I was going on vacation and wasn't feeling well, the Dr. was able to squeeze me in the same day I called, which was a big relief. She wrote me a prescription that tremendously hellped me and I got to enjoy my vacation. I think that she gives me her full attention during each visit and is genuinely interested in what I have to say..... I like dealing with the Dr.

|  Currently Looking for a New Doctor  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2012

Dr. Stuart and her staff seem to need to reconsider their career paths. At first I thought it was just her staff, I informed her of the problems and she reprimanded me for my high expectations. She even called me at home to reprimand me for speaking up on the behalf of my husband and lab work that was supposed to be part of his routine well man check that they neglected to do. Worst of all, it took her 4 years to refer my husband to a gastroenterolgist where he was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. She said he was stressed and most likely because of having a wife like me. Unbelievable.

|  No Return Visit from This First Time Patint  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

I am new to the Medina area & was seen at the Urgent Care who recommended me to Dr. Stuart. It took me 3 weeks to get an appointment with her, when I was in extreme pain. When my appt finally came around, I feel Dr. Stuart was less than interested with my pain,trivialized aspects of my condition, spent too little time in evaluating my situation,didn't read the notes from the nurse who checked me in,had no idea why I was there and failed to "hear" my over-all complaints. This was the first impression to my would-be new Primary Care Physician-I will gladly make the hour drive to see my old Dr. while I keep looking for a new one who's closer.

|  UH Affiliation not a plus  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

I agree that the UH management of the practice has caused the overall quality of care to decline. The billing department is awful. The office staff is too busy to be pleasant and has no time to answer questions. It seems that staff turnover is high as you see new nursing and office staff in the office at each visit. It is unfortunate that Dr. Stuart does not seem to enjoy her work. Her bedside manner is more detached and follow-up is very poor.

|  4 yrs. as Patient  |  show details
by 40 yr old male in Medina on Apr 12th, 2011

When Dr. Stuart was part of Medina Hospital, things went well. But when she moved to University Hospitals, things have gone down hill. Every time I go in there, there's different people working. The girls who greet you are rude and act like you're bothering them because they're on the phone. They don't give you a receipt for your co-pay until you actually enter the exam room. The Medical Assistant's don't know why you're there for that visit (and they should). Dr. Stuart many times does not even know why you're there and has to ask. She keeps no "task list" of what's been done to the patient and what needs done at that visit and upcoming visits. No one calls with test results and I have to call and call to find out. Prescriptions have been called in to the wrong locations and caused my credit card on file to be charged 6x the price I normally pay at Walmart. The pills shipped and there's no way to get a refund. I also had to wait more then 2 weeks for a prescription to be sent over to MEDCO. Poor follow-up, rude assistants, and a general feeling that no really knows what's going with your health care. Had to wait 55 min. to get into an exam room last time and then another 30 min. before Dr. Stuart actually came into the room.