Dr. Ann Mauer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ann Mauer?

March 3rd, 2017

Excellent doctor

I have been seen by Dr. Mauer for the past three years, after having surgery and radiation for bilateral breast cancer. She is really good - trustworthy and compassionate. I like her and feel that her conclusions and suggestions are right on target. Also, she makes me laugh. Would highly recommended her.

April 26th, 2011

even though she is relatively young she is very attentive to detail and thourough. I would highly recommend her and am glad to have her as my oncologist.

November 15th, 2010

It's Fatal...

It's been a year since Dr. Mauer gave my sister her prognosis, "It's fatal." I am still angry and appalled at her words and inability to communicate with a cancer patient. In addition, the initial diagnosis was wrong and tests results were botched. Dr. Mauer's words were like a scapel to us and though we found another hospital and doctor whose approach tried to instill hope, the "It's fatal." kept doubt ever present. My sister's latest CT scan was clean after 6 months of chemo (a different program than Mauer was going to prescribe),and we know that we still have to 'watch' closely, but for a doctor to come across like that is unconscienable.

November 15th, 2010

DR. DISASTER

I had been originally diagnosed with colon cancer stage iv, had surgery and didn't know what to do. After leaving the hospital, nobody told me who to call or what to do. My surgeon was able to schedule an appt with Dr. Mauer after I had tried in vain to get with anyone at the cancer center. When I had the appt with Dr. Mauer she was cold, clinical, and pessimistic. I was crushed by her prognosis and cannot believe that a Dr. in her position would share such a negative outlook and perspective. It's one year later and I'm doing great after transferring to another hospital and Dr for treatment. Today I have hope. How can anyone working in oncology say how long someone has to live or not encourage hope and positivity.

February 8th, 2009

Excellent Dr.

I have metastatic breast cancer and Dr. Mauer has been treating me for more than a year. She is professional, knowledgeable yet warm. She includes me in determining a treatment plan and is always honest and straightforward. I am fortunate to have her as my doctor.

February 18th, 2017