Overall Review

October 12th, 2012
Dr. Roberts,I have been a patient in their office for many years. I had seen Dr. Roberts a few times but have mostly been assessed by Abbey Heffner,Nurse Practitioner. I really liked Abbey because she was thorough, listened and helped me through some tough times. However, the past several times there have been errors on labs and a lack of compassion from her and other receptionist staff. I came to see her with concerns that I maybe diabetic because it is my family history and I had many symptoms. I found out that my twin sister was diagnosed recently with hypoglycemia. Abbey thought it best to take a fasting glucose tolerance test. I came for the test fasting and the (very negative) lab tech asked if I had been fasting. I said yes. She then stated that she was drawing a thyroid level. I told her it was for a glucose tolerance test and that there is no fasting for thyroid levels. Apparently Abbey check marked fasting but not glucose tolerance test so it was not ordered. I was told I could stay fasting until Abbey came into clarify later on that day. I chose not to due to my other commitments and fear that fasting too long could make me pass out. The lab tech drew an extra vial in case Abbey wanted to add on a HGBA1C. When I called back to see what Abbey's response was the staff was very rude and said Abbey had ordered a BMP. I asked about retaking the test and a HGBA1C and the staff member got agitated and only responded,"Abbey ordered a BMP". About a week later I was informed that my BMP was normal. Of course it was!! The following week at work, I became shaky, nauseous and almost passed out. Yesterday, I came in with a questionnaire to be filled out by my PCP for employment. 3 questions,yes or no: 1)When was the last time you saw this patient in your office? 2) Does this patient have any physical limitations that would prevent her from working in nursing? 3) Does this patient have an infectious disease that could be transmissible through patient care? Following those questions was a line for a PPD and for results. I informed the receptionist to tell Abbey not to worry about it because I just had a two step done just fill out the rest. The next day I called and the receptionist stated Abbey refused to sign the document because the PPD was not done in the office. I explained again to ignore that part and offered to give a copy or have my previous employer and Occupational Health Services send their office a copy for their records.(I'm a nurse and it's an annual requirement and is FREE through my employer) I then requested if Abbey could just write a small note stating the date of my last exam (which was very recent), her findings regarding my recent physical and a note stating I had no HISTORY of infectious disease. When I came in there today the very rude receptionist stated that Abbey refused to do any of it because I did not pay for my PPD in the office. I then requested all medical records and went to Baptist Care at Walmart, paid out of pocket for a physical and THEY filled out the form! I use to really feel like I had a compassionate provider and it was relieving. Now I've experienced incompetence and an uncaring experience. I would NOT recommend them to ANYONE!

January 26th, 2011
Ms.
a very fine family doctor in all areas

November 24th, 2010
Entire Staff
I have had nothing but excellent treatment from the entire staff everytime.

November 17th, 2010
Careful & Concerned
I have several long term problems; asthma, OCPD, Migraine headaches, curvature of the spine, and depression among others. I saw the Nurse Practitioner Abbey for my refills (it has been some time since I was last seen). I do not have medical insurance and am self-employed, so any charges are difficult to bear. Dr. Roberts came in and discussed my medical problems and what alternatives we had to address them. Abbey was professional and thorough. I saw none of the problems the anonymous poster claimed. She worked with me and my limited finances. I will go back to her.

December 11th, 2009
abusive doctor
Dr. Roberts is very uncaring and abusive doctor. I went to her office to get prescriptions I have to take and also sick. I was examined by a nurse practioner named Abbey who did not like me at all. She would only fill so medications for only five days. Dr. Roberts was asked to fill my prescriptions when she returned and she would not do it. This was done because I would not play so they could have attention. She is cruel, mean and abusive. Her and Abbey should not be practicing when they don't care and look to hurt people. I would not recommend any one to go and see her. I am sorry I did.