Dr. Ann Warner MD Patient Reviews

3.6

no change

August 11th, 2014
Talks a good game
She seems like a great dr at first. Sounds like she's really going to get to the bottom of your problems. There is no follow up communication. Such poor communication and woe to you if you question anything or just want to understand what's happening. She takes it as an affront. This dr is only for blind sheep wanting to follow the goddess' recommendations without question. Turns out to be a misdiagnosis and 200,000 in unnecessary treatment.

July 5th, 2014
rating
Dr. Warner is so compassionate for her patients! I Love Her and her nurse *Jennifer Ireland* they make a good team!! I give them Both a 4out of 4

April 11th, 2014
UNHAPPY
I recently had a appointment Dr Warner was out of the country. I was not told that and waited over 2 hours to see a DR. I was told my blood results would be back in 2 days now 4 days later and several messages left I still am waiting.

March 31st, 2014
Too busy assuming patient is drug seeking to follow appropriate drug instructions
I visited Dr. Warner because my sis sees her for RA. I have had RA for more than 40 years and have bone on bone damage on many joints. I have been subscribed pain meds by my primary care physician. It seemed like as soon as Dr. Warner read my list of meds, she assumed I was a drug seeker. She told me she had no problem starting me on Embrel even though I had a urinary track infection and my immune system is compromised. After being on the Embrel injections for a while, I was taken to the hospital by my terminally ill husband. The hospital reported to my husband that my blood pressure was 47/33 and my temperature was 104 degrees. She never apologized. I was told I am lucky I didn't loose organs or die. She would make statements which sounded like I was a liar and a deadbeat drug seeker. I wish she could experience the level of pain her patients do every day for just one week. I wish she would just install a lie detector and administer it to her patients before she insulted them and left them feeling worse when they left than when they went to her for help. First, do NO harm. She is the most egotistical, judgmental and closed minded doctor I have ever seen. She asked me how the Cymbalta was working for me (it's an antidepressant) and I told her I was still missing my deceased hubby but that it was helping my RA. She said, " Well, it's NOT, but what makes you THINK it does?" I told her how my symptoms had improved and she told me I imagined it. NOW, they use Cymbalta to treat RA !!!!! She NEVER mentioned my improvement or my near death experience. She could have at least apologized ! I really hope she gets full blown RA.

October 25th, 2013
One of the worst doctors I've ever encountered
Dr. Warner accused called me a "drug addict" immediately, before I barely had a chance to begin speaking to her--and this is in spite of the fact that I was LEGITIMATELY prescribed pain medication by my PCP who referred me to her. I was only following my treatment plan. As one reviewer said, she was also abrupt, abrasive, and arrogant, with a horrible bedside manner, and she embarrassed me in front of my wife who accompanied me to the appointment. She was completely dismissive of my problems. I have had over 10 fractures in my life (I have congenital osteoporosis), yet she said that there was no evidence that I had ever fractured any bone ever. I couldn't believe it. It was clear that she had already dismissed my concerns and/or is incompetent in making a correct diagnosis and formulating an adequate treatment plan. My health has only continued to deteriorate. One of my worst experiences with a doctor ever. Period.

August 7th, 2013
Uncaring Doctor with a horrible Staff
Dr. Warner is very versed on the textbook definitions of diseases and their medications. So much so that when she speaks to you she repeats the exact same dialog that she has been using for years like a script. There is no warmth or compassion in her bedside manner. Dr. Warner will listen to your complaints but not actually pay attention to what you are saying. The length of time she spends with you is greatly shorter than the amount of time you spend waiting to see her. She refuses to treat any symptoms caused by the disease, even if it will help elevate your problems. Neither the Doctor nor the staff will call you with updates even when expecting lab results. I called asking for assistance with pain that I have had as an ongoing issue, and her nurse said harshly that they would MAIL an order to me for Physical Therapy. I was asking for help, but was treated like a junkie seeking narcotics when I made no mention of anything stronger than Ibuprofen. In fact, she adamantly refuses to alleviate a patients pain. Every single member of the staff is rude and treats you as a burden. Dr. Warner's nurse is harsh and unlikely to speak a sentence to you. The front desk often ignores you at their counter and prefers to take or make all phone calls before addressing you. The lab technicians ignored me for a full twenty minutes before I had to confront them overlooking me, in which case they were very defensive as if I was the one making the mistakes. The walls in the office are paper thin. It is not acceptable to be able to hear Dr. Warner treating another patient next door. Do not expect your HIPAA rights to be protected. Everyone can hear you ENTIRE conversation through the walls.

May 23rd, 2013
Amazing Doctor!
After having a bad experience with my first Rheumatologist I did my research and asked around about referrals. Dr. Warner was highly recommended so I called and fortunately due to someone else canceling got in within a few days! She has changed my life and gave me hope again. She diagnosed my condition immediately after my first doctor was dragging his feet for FIVE MONTHS. She started my treatment immediately and I am already noticing a big difference. Her bedside manner and personality are also wonderful. Very warm and personable. I can completely say I trust her 100 percent with my care and would HIGHLY recommend her! Her nurse Jennifer is also very cool and easy to talk to!

May 8th, 2012
Knowledgeable Doctor but Dysfunctional Office
Dr. Warner is very professional, caring, and is clearly an expert in her field. It is clear she wants to help her patients get better. Her treatment philosophy is very conservative (she is unwilling to medicate unless she is very certain of a diagnosis), but I do appreciate she is willing to entertain holistic treatments and I can't really argue with her philosophy.However, I have never been to a more dysfunctional office. The doctors and staff are clearly overbooked and overworked. The front desk is very friendly and helpful, but once you get past the front desk nothing is easy or simple. Of the six or so nurse calls I have made over the years I think only one of them was returned within a day. What the previous reviewer said is true - sometimes you won't get a response at all unless you show up at the office in person or at least threaten to. I will say Dr. Warner's nurse is awesome - once you finally get to talk to her.In addition, the office culture is one where they assume the worst in their patients. You always feel like your motives are being questioned and that you are not being believed. Repeated calls to get a simple answer to a simple question are viewed as you pestering them and being a difficult patient. Even Dr. Warner has fallen into this trap, at times, acting very defensively to something said innocently. In addition, I was reminded at one appointment that the appointment was just a 15 minute follow up and that I was keeping the staff from going home for the weekend. Any business I've been that assumes the worst in everyone is not a successful business for long. Good thing for them we're all sick and have no choice but to seek medical help or they'd have no business at all. It would be so refreshing to go there and be treated with respect and not feel like I was walking on eggshells. But until something changes in the overall culture, I have very little hope anything will change. It hasn't for the years I've been there and has only gotten worse.

November 29th, 2011
Dr. is great and very courteous and willing to listen to my concerns. I have had some problems in the past with her staff getting back to me on some issues. This can be frustrating, especially when you have to call back and leave several messages. However I was in yesterday and the staff was very pleasant and courteous. I had no problems. I did like the fact that I didn't have to take my chart back to my room. (Before, the front desk handed you your chart and you took your chart back to your assigned room!) What doctor's office does that!But over the past 6 years I've been patient my experience has been good.

September 22nd, 2011
Doctor is nice, but staff is awful!
The doctor herself is very nice and listened to my issues. But her staff is awful! Try calling for an appointment or to speak to nurse and you will wait days if they answer you at all. The front office staff is out and out rude at times. Expect to take your own charts back and find your own room at appointments. They are also bad about keeping accurate records, they actually couldn't remember if they gave me 1 month injections or every 3 months. (I think this is dangerous!)If you call for medical advise or to receive your lab results forget it, they will not get back to you and will put you through to voice mail every time! I believe her staff is unprofessional, unorganized, rude, and sometimes unethical in the way they treat patients. Once I had her nurse tell me she hated giving injections and wished that her day would just end so she didn't have to do it any longer. (This is while she was injecting me!) If it weren't for the fact that she's the only rheumatologist in the area I would definitely see someone else!