A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shih Kao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shih Kao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kao
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Kao Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shih Kao, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Kao graduated from Southern Illinois University, Springfield. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Kao has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Emory University Hospital
- Wesley Woods Geriatric Hospital
- West Georgia Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Shih Yin Anna Kao MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Shih Y. Kao practice?
- Dr. Shih Kao has 1 office location.
Dr. Shih Kao practices Ophthalmology near Lagrange, GA.
See Lagrange Ophthalmologists.