A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shih Kao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shih Kao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shih Kao, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Kao graduated from Southern Illinois University, Springfield.
Dr. Kao has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Emory University Hospital
- Wesley Woods Geriatric Hospital
- West Georgia Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Peach State Health Plan - 4 plans
- Humana - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 23 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Shih A. Kao practice?
Dr. Shih Kao practices Ophthalmology near Lagrange, GA.
See Lagrange Ophthalmologists.