Dr. Anna Mcnay MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2017
Couldn't have been happier with Dr. Mcnay!
Had a bad experience at another dermatology office. Went to Dr. Mcnay for a second opinion and to have some skin tags removed. I absolutely loved her... So nice, kind, informative, (explains everything) very gentle, gives the best shots ever! Barely felt them ☺️ Made me feel very comfortable. And her staff is so helpful, friendly and nice. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Mcnay and her staff. I have found a great Dermatologist and will be referring my friends & family to go to her.

May 23rd, 2017
I really like Dr. McNay - she is clear, concise, and whatsmore, my skin is showing definite improvement. Highly recommend. For perspective, I'm in my 30's and a lifelong acne sufferer. Her staff is great, too.

October 4th, 2016
Refreshingly Practical
Staff is warm and welcoming, Doctor McNay is refreshingly practical in her recommended approach. Exceptional esthetician and selection of services.

September 30th, 2014
Don't get my wrong, Dr. McNay is a very knowledgeable doctor and had successfully treated my skin rash issue 2 years ago. She was not so busy back then... Now she is getting into more profitable beauty treatment such as botox, it is impossible to book any urgent appointment with her. It is obvious she did not reserve anytime for urgent patients. So if you are like me, who developed a itchy and swelling rush that can't wait 3 weeks... Dr. McNay is not who you should be contacting. Also, I booked my appt (3 weeks out). Although they did call me for earlier appointments, if I didn't answer the call right away, the appointment is gone. After a few trys I stop returning their messages. Seeing the doctor is like playing game and I really find it distasteful. During the period of waiting, I went to local Target and bought 3-4 different itch cream to try and my rash seems to got better slowly. Therefore I called them 3 days in advance to rescheduled my appt further out. Just want to give my skin more time to see if it can heal. Few days later I got a cancellation and missed appointment letter with a fine of $50. Not very pleased I called them... their front desk lady said "....looks like this is possibly our fault so I'll remove the cancellation fee...." POSSIBLY? Sorry my dear but this is definitely your office's fault. I even have a call log on my photo with date and time that the called was made. You can go ahead and check who was working that day and took the call. I would give Dr McNay 4 stars but took away 2 stars: -1 for difficulty of making appointment -.5 for the appointment game -.5 for inability to reschedule appointment correctly.

July 11th, 2012
Patient
Dr. McNay is great as a person but I had been going to her for over 8 months and now I've changed doctors. I've gone to her for four different issues and I still had those issues as well has high medical bills from this facility. I have insurance yet three months after my visit's, I would receive a bill for over $60 each time. I go in for one thing and I come out paying for something else. So finally I changed doctors and I stopped paying extra on top of my copay. Also, the one thing I didn't like was if I had issues with acne, a surgery scar, or some lumps her solution was a cortisone shot (which cost me $90 each time) and it didn't help. Went to another doctor and they solved my problems without ever giving me a cortisone shot or me ever paying more than $25 (my copay). She is a very nice, well spoken doctor but overall wasn't happy with my treatment.

April 7th, 2012
Dr. McNay is a fantastic doctor. She is very conservative and proactive. Dr. McNay has treated two members of my family for skin cancer that others failed to diagnose.

June 21st, 2011
I have been seeing Dr. McNay for a few years and have always been very pleased with my appointments.

June 15th, 2011
I used her for approx 12 years now.
I first saw her in the milpitas office, then she only work in the fremont office. I prefer her in the milpitas office cuz I live In border line of Milpitas and San Jose. Now she move to Pleasanton and just saw her there today. The only time I don't use her is when I cannot get an early enough appointment for urgent care of my skin condition. I have at least once out of each year get bad rash break out. Whenever my children needs to see a dermatologist we go to her. I have never had any kinds of problems with her in the past approx 12 years I used her.She is clear about what insurance will pay for and not pay for. I didn't a procedure that insurance won't pay for and she was clear to me about it. She was clear about the price and she even give me a paper to take home that shows the price for the procedure out of pocket. I also recommended my niece that is temp. living in the bay area to see her for her acne problem. I will recommend more people to her.

April 15th, 2011
Confident
When being treated for a skin condition, which I am thrilled is gone, Dr. McNay instilled confidence every step of the way. Her recommendations and prescriptions proved successfu all the while making me feel like *I* was the most important patient. Her staff was also curteous and professional. Although my wait for my appt was apparent, I was certain that Dr. McNay was giving the earlier patients the same conscientious care that I received.

April 8th, 2011
Outstanding Doctor
Dr. McNay is wonderful, I think some of these reviews are from spiteful former coworkers who are jealous that Dr. McNay has operend her own practice in Pleasanton. Notice how the comments are anonymous. Dr. McNay is an outstanding, knowledgeable caring doctor. I highly recommend her and her new practice in Pleasanton.

March 15th, 2011
Great Dr.!
I don't know where some of these reviews are coming from. Anna McNay is a wonderful dermatologist...very professional and kind. She treated me for years for cosmetic procedures and skin cancer. She just left the Fremont practice she was in - I've been looking for her new office in Pleasanton - it's not set up yet, I guess. I'm glad she left that practice because there was a lot of staff turnover, crazy billing problems and very little warmth. I was amazed to see the mean review here from an office staff worker - that kind of sums up the staff there. I was pretty fed up with them. She was the only reason I put up with it.

March 9th, 2017