Anesthesiologist (pain control), Internist, Pain Management Specialist

947 Cass St
Ste 1
Monterey, CA 93940
831-649-6135
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  he ruined my already tough life  |  show details
by mandi m on May 24th, 2013

I am filing a malpractice lawsuit against this man. He has been fired from many clinics, and BANNED by Medi-Cal in 2001, he should NOT be in practice. He gave me epidural injections in an unsterile environment, without proper numbing, and then prompted me to walk out without my cane because I am in my early 20s. I found out later he never saw an xray nor MRI of my back and didn't know of my extra spinal disc. A spinal disc that was 1/2 cm out became 1cm out and now I cannot walk. I have surgery on Wednesday. This man should not be in practice.

Jun 25th, 2012

I have severe chronic pain. This man's first words to me were, "I'm not prescribing you anything". I am a nineteen year old girl who was just looking for some relief from my chronic migraines/TMJD pain and he immediately assessed me as a "pill popper". He said that my medical conditions were a result of me not enjoying life and his suggestions were to "take a walk and go to the movies!". He then wrote me a prescription for an anti-depressant and then walked out. This man has inspired my distrust and dislike of doctors. I've never experienced anyone being this dismissive towards me. He made Dr. House look like a dream come true.

Jun 6th, 2011

My wife was never able to get an actual appointment. His office staff was very difficult to work with. She tried for one month to see him but his staff always had more conditions. They needed information sent from our primary care doctor but each time the information was sent they demanded more and more information.They didn't seem to care that my wife was in pain and for some reason they wouldn't contact our primary doctor.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

Ive been doing the work comp thing for going on three years and have had the WORST doctors. Dr. Ashokan has really saved my life thats all I can really say.

|  Won't see me - Gave no explantion  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2010

I was a past patient of his until he just drop without an explanation or comment. His staff told me I could not longer see him. I wanted an answer as to why. I got my lawyer to call him. Refused to talk, His staff made my lawyer so mad, that she told me To never go back to his office again. I went to another pain speaclist and told him about the incident. He thought it may have had something to due with the insurance company and his staff. If this Doctor dumps you , Don't count on an explantion, He won't even give you a minute or noting.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Miguel Angel on Apr 17th, 2010

I have been a patient of yours for 10 years or so following my surgery on my lower back. I but only have (1) complaint. I have been waiting nearly (5) months for a radiofrequency, My life has stopped until I receive this procedure....no work...nothing...please HELP!!!!!!

Jun 8th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Dr Ashokan has saved my life more than once: On my first visit visit I was going mad with pain, Dr Ashokan spent over 2 &1/2 hrs really listining to me and never tooting his own horn (as so many doctors do). Every patient has nothing but praise for this v

Read Full Review at yahoo.com