Dr. Anne-Marie Johnrose-Brown MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4
  • 28 reviews

January 16th, 2017
Personable, Professional and Thorough
I've been seeing Dr Johnrose-Brown for about 6 years now. She's been very empathetic to my numerous needs, injuries and even personal issues. I find her to be easy to talk to and experienced and quick to refer if there is something outside her level of expertise. I'd highly recommend Dr. Johnrose-Brown.

May 4th, 2016
Great Doctor
Everything was as expected; great doctor

March 11th, 2016
Could not care less about her patients
The staff in her office are wonderful, but she is the worst doctor I've ever dealt with in my life. She doesn't care about the patient's concerns and fights to even refill normal prescriptions that are documented for the patient in the past. She claims to specialize in weight loss assistance, but wouldn't even talk to me about what my options were unless I was considered obese. I am considered overweight and voiced concern that I kept gaining weight, but she offered no solutions and said I should go to a weight loss clinic if that's what I wanted. When I asked why she claimed to specialize in weight loss assistance if she was unwilling to help me at all, she said that she wouldn't argue with me and I should stop wasting her time. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. She shows no empathy for her patients and rarely spends more than five minutes with the patient at all.

October 26th, 2015
She listened when other Dr.'s didn't. With her help, I am down over 80 pounds and still losing. Her compassion and understanding were a breath of fresh air. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

September 3rd, 2015
She does not seem to care about her patients. When you ask for advice or come in sick she does not want to treat the problem, but wants your body to heal itself.

June 19th, 2015
MY VISITS
I BEEN GOING TO DOCTOR JOHNROSEBROWN FOR ABOUT SEVEN YEARS AND MY TWO GIRLS LOVE HER A LOT SHE IS CARING AND UNDERSTANDING. HER STAFF IS GREAT THEY MAKE ME FEEL A HOME. I'VE NEVER SAT FOR AND HOUR NOT EVEN TWENTY MINUTES . KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB GOD BLESS

November 5th, 2014
friendly, efficient, concerned care

October 20th, 2014
Caring Doctor
I have being going to Dr. Johnrose Brown for about 4-5 years now.....She is a very caring Doctor with me being overweight she is not rude like some of the Doctors when dealing with a obesity patient....she is very kind..soft and well spoken... she has been trying to help me lose weight and control my blood sugar level....I really enjoy having her as my doctor

June 5th, 2014
Incompetency of staff is the worse I've ever seen
The staff is completely incompetent. I was the only Person in the waiting room and sat there for an hour before I went up to ask if I was going to be seen, and that's when they told me they couldn't do a simple blood test because I was going to self pay. Dumbest group of people I've ever been in contact with. I should have known when I saw the office decorated with fake weightloss chemicals that this place is not a real doctors office. Stay away..don't waste your time with this puppet. I'm only giving this place a star because this site makes you. I would give her and her staff none.

July 22nd, 2013
I made a wellness appointment with this doctor as a new patient. During that initial visit I expected to get my breast exam and pap. But was advised that I had to schedule and pay for a second visit to get my pap done, as this dr. does not do pap smears at the time of the wellness check. By the time all was said and done I had paid for 3 visits for: the wellness exam, the pap smear, and the results. As I was told "this is just how Dr. Johnrose-Brown does it. Some months later I submitted routine Aflac insurance claim form to the dr. for signature - I did everything but sign them for her, i.e., filled in all the information I had, filled in her office and contact info, filled in the procedure, enclosed an addressed forwarding envelope to Aflac - and then her office called me and said I had to schedule a visit to come in for her to complete the form. I told them I have no more information to give them - all she really had to do was SIGN THE FORM and fill in the diagnosis code. Plus I advised that I was now unemployed and without insurance and could not afford the visit. A week later, I got a second call with the same message that I would have to come in for her to complete the Aflac paperwork - I couldn't believe it. I could have answered any minor personal question over the phone, but there should not have been any reason for me to schedule and pay for an appointment - I already completed all the information - she just need to sign in the doctor's Section B, that's it! No other doctor to whom I submitted Aflac forms has asked me to come into their office, and there were several I sent out. I feel like my wallet is being milked at every opportunity - I have never run into this before. It is my conclusion that this doctor asks you to schedule unnecessary visits to boost her billing standing. I can come up with no other reason. I promptly attended to any request from this doctor to get a test done or contact a medical associate for evaluation. I did my part and paid for that part too. Someone left a comment below that this doctor functions more like a businessperson rather than a doctor. I'm sure a doctor can have their eyes on both - but in this case, the patient is being overcharged unnecessarily for repeat visits and to cover the doctor's operating costs. In the future I will ask up front what is covered in the wellness visit and whether ALREADY COMPLETED Aflac Insurance forms will be signed with out yet another visit and charge.

May 10th, 2013
Agree-she should not be allowed to be in practice-worst ever
No knowledge. Are you sure she's a doctor? Please fire her immediately. There is a good reason why her office is not busy.

April 14th, 2013
Horrible. She shouldn't be in practice.
I've had several awful and absolutely infuriating visits here.The doctor that was there before her was amazing, Felt like the St Anthony's management ran her out for not being more like a minute clinic. With Dr J-B I felt like a cattle being herded. Don't ask any questions, she'll feel threatened because she has to go look up the answer. I've had the experience someone else mentioned where she told me I was young and didn't need to worry about certain things. It was like she got medical advice from a magazine article. No depth. Tried to get Dr J-B to review some test results with me. Had to schedule another visit. Even though I already had the results. When I was there, all she did was read the results to me. I could have googled this stuff and learned more accurate info. She couldn't tell me what the results meant. She ordered a set of labs but couldn't explain why. Then after I left the rude staff called me and told me she had ordered additional test, but again, no one could tell me what they were for. The nurse was supposed to call me back, had to call several times for her to tell me all she knew was that the dr ordered them. It felt like the Dr just looked to see what my insurance would cover so that's what was ordered. The office staff was always so incredibly rude. And forget having any privacy. I sat in the office with about 3-4 patients while they read off ppls name, SSN & DOB to an insurance provider. It was loud enough that we all could hear it. The wait to see her seemed long bc they over booked, but I guess for the number of patients she had they were quick. The staff kept rushing people through. Didn't seem bothered to get an accurate medication history, just wanted to get it done. This was all done by a brand new M.A. MA's don't require any certifications. I asked her if they would need a urinalysis, she didn't know what that meant. After som back & forth, finally told her "Listen, I have to pee. Do you need it in a cup?" The office used to have RNs & LPNs. Didn't see any nurses the last few times I went.