Family Practitioner
3700 Bellemeade Ave
Ste 108
Evansville, IN 47714
812-401-4222
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Dec 5th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Ann for over 5 years now. Waiting in her waiting room is a very pleasant experience, calming and comfortable. Her staff bends over backwards to be cheerful, friendly and helpful... squeezing me in between appointments if I am acutely ill, giving me copies of labs and calling other doctors to set up appointments for me. Dr. Ann is very conservative with drugs, but offers as many options as are applicable to my condition from which I can choose what suits my budget and my sensibilities. She has sent me to the best and most effective doctors so far when it is apparent that what I have requires a specialist. I have benefited greatly from getting under the care of a good pulmonologist, and a good physical therapist on her recommendation. She has managed my diabetes very well, checking my labs every three months and recommending supplements that have helped me stay in control. Now that she knows me and how my body responds to treatment, I feel confident that she offers me the best options for my chronic and acute conditions. I have recommended a friend who moved from the West Coast and she is also very pleased with the treatment she has gotten from Dr. Ann. I haven't ever felt rushed through an exam. She patiently answers my questions and offers her views if she feels I am in error in my understanding. I have always come away from my visits relieved of my anxiety and stress and feeling empowered to take the situation in hand. I like having her on my team and feeling that I can trust her judgement, and make informed decisions about treatment options.

|  Worst Experience EVER  |  show details
by Amy on Oct 2nd, 2013

I have been battling illness stemming from gut problems and food sensitivities for a very long time. But they became worse in the last 3 months, and I've had 4 trips to the ER in the last month. I searched out for a functional medicine doctor that would go an alternative route and not just write me a Rx. Dr. Butsch was not that doc! She told me to throw all my supplements in the trash!!?? She told me coconut oil was bad for me!!?? She told me I just wanted to believe in Hocus Pocus if I was going to take all those herbs I was taking. (They were mainly vitamins and whole food supplements - NOT Herbs.) Everytime I told her about a food reaction I was having, she said "Well, just because you scratch your nose before getting hit by a bus, doesn't mean they're related!" She said she didn't think I was allergic to the list of food I gave her, and that I just had anxiety. Apparently the 4 trips to ER for Anapylaxis meant nothing. She said I was probably still anemic and then told me I could have internal bleeding and wanted to order a scope and colonoscopy (despite the fact that my iron levels she was looking at were 8 months old). I had my iron checked, and I am NOT anemic! She was rude the entire visit, dismissed everything I was saying, and then wasn't even going to examine me at all, until I asked her to please check the level of inflammation in my throat before I left. Her attitute towards me is what made it the worst. I went to my car and cried for 30 minutes before I could even bring myself to drive home (a 2 hour drive). I then continued to cry all the way home. Everything symptom I described to her, she said it was in my head. She was the worst experience I've ever had with a doc.

|  Appreciate Dr. Anne  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2013

I like her treatment plan and for the first time in months I am feeling better!

Apr 3rd, 2012

The first few visits I had with her were amazingly good. I thought she was different than all the other jerk doctors. However, after she got used to me, it seemed like she didn't really care any more. She would not even really look or talk to me and just write me a prescription. I started coming to her because I thought she didn't do prescriptions for everything!I also had called to ask what I should take because I thought I had a sinus infection getting ready to start and I wanted to prevent it. Her staff forced me to come in and she acted annoyed that I was there and wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic (I was specifically there to try to get vitamins or another supplement to prevent it). I did not take the antibiotics and it went away on its own. She needs to read the new literature out there, do not prescribe antibiotics for sinus infections! Especially when she could have known that she had prescribed them to me before to no avail!I'm going to give her a few more chances and then I'm done!

Jun 13th, 2011

I overheard her telling a nurse that there was nothing she could do for me and that I should be dead. I went to a specialist and there was a lot that could be done for me. She didn't even recommend that I see someone more knowledgeable about my condition.

Apr 1st, 2011

Horrible didn't have a clue what was going on with me , perphaps that is why she was so hateful.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
by Jessica on Mar 15th, 2010

Dr. Anne took more time with me than any other doctor and she is a little more forward, but she is definitely the brightest and most thorough doctor I have ever seen and trust em, I have seen my share. She was the first to educate me on my illnesses and after visiting her, I feel significantly better for the first time in my life!

by Angel Smith on Oct 27th, 2009

Dr. Butsch was rude, short, and domineering. She demands that her patients be on time, yet I had to wait nearly an hour to get called back, then it was another 15 minutes until I saw the doctor. While in the main waiting room, I could plainly hear her speaking (as rudely as she had to me) to another patient from an examination room. Isn't this a violation of the HIPPA laws?