Addiction Medicine Specialist, Psychiatrist, Adolescent Specialist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Wonderful doctor! show details Wonderful doctor!
by Stephanie McDonald on Mar 24th, 2015

She is just a gem of a person. I cried my eyes out in her office and she didn't rush me out. People that complain about the wait do not understand her job requires a caring heart and time. I am understanding she runs late because I know she gives me the time when I am in her office. Unlike other doctors I have seen, she treats me like I am a person, not a number. A good doctor is definitely worth the wait! Since my crying outburst, she has got me on the right track and my life has come together wonderfully. I don't know where I would be today without her help. I would give her 6 stars if it was possible!

Understanding show details Understanding
Feb 4th, 2015

Dr Mian has started her new practice and has a brand new staff to help her. She is no longer associated with the old practice that caused her long wait times. Dr Mian is professional and has a great wealth of psychological knowledge and understanding. She is caring and understands you where you are. She spends just enough time with you that you need and you can get your medications filled

Feb 4th, 2015

Dr. Anne Mian is a wonderful caring doctor. She takes the time to listen and inquires further for any hidden issues you may not be aware of. The office staff is wonderful and always delightful when greeting someone when they walk in. The wait time to see the doctor may be a little long at times but when it comes to excellent care I would rather have the doctor spend the time with myself or someone else if that is what is needed to help myself or the individual. Dr. Mian isn’t dealing with acute physical problems she is dealing with psychological and emotional issues and may require more time. I myself understand this going to the office for my own treatment.

Quick Appointments Short Wait show details Quick Appointments Short Wait
by Anonymous on Feb 4th, 2015

Dr. Anne Mian has been my Psychiatrist for over 8 years now. I have followed her from her previous practice where she did not have any control over her hours or her patients. BEFORE I USED to wait for an hour and a half to two hours at Orlando Behavioral Health. Now I can get an appointment the next day and I only wait for 15 minutes in the waiting room. What a big difference having her own practice now!

Dr Anne Mian is very patient and lind show details Dr Anne Mian is very patient and lind
Jan 28th, 2015

Dr Mian does not rush through your appointment. She gives each patient as much time as needed to address the problem. I have treated with her for 5 years and would not see any other psychiatrist.

Horrible show details Horrible
May 20th, 2014

While waiting for my appoint I found papers in the waiting room that someone had typed out regarding this doctor and her office. It was all bad reviews and warning not to see her or stay within the practice. The office staff was extremely rude.

You're on time, she never is show details You're on time, she never is
Apr 23rd, 2014

Every single time I've been here it's been a minimum of an hour wait. I've waited over 2 hours before. And you wait all that time for a 5 min session. It's absolutely ridiculous. I got my script filled and will be finding a new doctor.

Awful Doctor, Awful Person show details Awful Doctor, Awful Person
by Jason on Feb 26th, 2014

Always late showing up to work and 1 - 3 hour wait times before being seen. Also, screens patients to see if they are "compatible". If she doesn't like you, she'll consistently double book your appointments until you have no choice, but to find another doctor. She is a truly horrible psychiatrist and person.

Don't waste your time, literally!!!! show details Don't waste your time, literally!!!!
by Steve on Feb 13th, 2014

Dr Mian doesn't value your time as a person, much less a patient. Numerous times I have scheduled appointments that always end up being at least an hour later than scheduled. She is very inconsiderate and slightly condescending. I would highly recommend ANY other Dr before choosing her.

Sep 4th, 2013

First time patient. I did not see her until three hours after my appointment. While I was waiting she walked the person before me out and spoke across the room to his mother what they had discussed. While I was in her office (all of ten minutes) she answered her cell phone and proceeded to talk on it. She decided to ignore the family history of anxiety and depression and told me I lack coping skills and need to see one of her therapists. Which is what she had told the person before me. She completely ignored what I had to say. I had to wait for three hours after the appointment. She announced to the entire waiting room what was talked about between her and the other patient. She spent almost half the time I was in her office on her cell phone. And had her text message noise going off the entire time. Needless to say, I will NEVER be going back.

Update show details Update
by E on Sep 3rd, 2013

Dr called personally to apologize and offer a refund. I dont like the wait, but she is good so ill go back.

Standards are POOR show details Standards are POOR
by E on Sep 3rd, 2013

This is an open letter to anyone who will listen, and you should listen, in my opinion. Today, I arrived on time for my appointment. I was told there was another increase in the “Self Pay” price for the doctor's services. I was not warned of this increase, and I was not told about it when making my appointment. I would not be a “Self Pay” patient if the doctor accepted my insurance. I told the desk clerk that I would need to speak to the doctor prior to proceeding with my appointment. I had already come in with complaints, now I was fairly well annoyed. I did not get to speak to her. I was asked to repeat my request to an office manager that did not appear to posess a pair of functioning ears. I told her I was dissatisfied because they collected a payment for the service of calling my prescriptions in to the pharmacy in the month that was skipped. I paid on a Friday, and needed to make four phone calls to get the covering physician to get it done a full seven days later. The office manager asked if there was a reason I had to cancel, necessitating the call. Yes, there was a reason, but the doctor could not make it either and had had staff call to postpone. What?-I'm the one who needed to cancel so the charge is my responsibility? I let that go, but I could not let go the lag between the payment and the completion of the call. I spent 7 days waiting, wondering and calling the office, not knowing when it would be done and worrying I would become ill if they didn't get to it in time. I want that $25 back! The office manager appeared not to hear anything but that and just shook her head, refusing to ask the doctor if it was even possible! Now, at this point, I had been waiting 90 minutes for my appointment. This appointment was scheduled well in advance. Between the unannounced fee increase in lieu of the doctor's acceptance of my insurance, a fee charged for a poorly completed service, the practice's clear disregard for my time, money and stress level and the lateness of the physician, I hit my limit. I told them nevermind, I would seek care elsewhere. Astoundingly, the office manager said I would be charged for cancelling the appointment! After waiting 90 minutes and having been on time. This doctor may be a lady, but she's got some serious balls. Mine is not the first time I have heard stories of blatant disregard for the safety and dignity of psychiatric patients. I have heard similar stories of lateness, and financial abuses, and I can produce direct quotes from these people. Societal stigmas are a barrier to treatment and cause harm to patients and society at large. Foor these stigmas to be perpetuated by our physicians marginalizes us as a population and is a clear violation of the Patient's Bill of Rights and the Hippocratic Oath, and I will no longer stand for it! I am collecting stories of abusive business and treatment practices of Florida psychiatrists, and I will present them where ever I am able. I will also forward this letter to medical review sites, associations, oversight organizations, my elected representatives and the doctor herself. If you have read this, please use everything within your power to stand up for the health, safety and digity of the Florida consumer of psychiatric services. BE part of the solution! Lastly, to the doctor herself and others like her, shame on you. You abuse your position and demonstrate no respect for your patients or care for their welfare. We will not accept this as any standard of care.

No follow up on medication requests! show details No follow up on medication requests!
by Pamela Wright on Jul 24th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Mian for several months. I recently stopped taking many of the medications I had been on . I continued to take an anxiety medication that could not be stopped for fear of seizure. My primary care physician was kind enough to write my last prescrption due to the 4th of July holiday and Dr Mian not being in. Yesterday I ran out of the medication. I left a message for Dr Mian, no callback nothing. Now it is 36 hrs later and she has indicated I need to go back to my primary Dr. Since its after 5 pm I am screwed until tomorrow What Dr cares so little about their patient that she would leave them hanging for almost 3 days with the risk of having seizures?. She obviously does not care about me or she would have called me or something to explain. The right thing to do would have been to give me a 2 to 3 day supply to keep me from risking my health! I will never go back to Dr Mian, since its evident she cares nothing about my physical or mental health . Medication users, BEWARE!

Prepare to wait, and wait, and wait... show details Prepare to wait, and wait, and wait...
Mar 13th, 2013

Totally disrespectful of your time. Saw Dr. Mian about 6 times, and waited longer and longer with each visit. The last time, I waited over 2 hours. I complained and she said that I should just come for my appointments one hour later than scheduled. Seriously. That's her idea of time management. Once I called with a medical emergency. It was after hours. Spoke to the on call "doctor." He finally told me he couldn't help me, because he was really a "counselor" not an MD. So I said call Dr. Mian. He refused, saying he couldn't bother her at this late hour. Stay away from this practice. They are charlatans.

AMAZING! Literally the best doctor in Orlando/Maitland! show details AMAZING! Literally the best doctor in Orlando/Maitland!
Sep 15th, 2012

This doctor is simply amazing. She really cares about what you're going through. She takes the time to listen and understand what it is her patient needs. Yes, the previous posts are not wrong about there being a bit of a wait for her but it's COMPLETELY worth the wait. The reason she falls behind is because she is an amazing doctor that takes time to get to know her patients. She wants to make sure to come up with an effective treatment plan. I'd choose her over a doctor that rushes through all their appointments staying on time, but doing little to help their patients. If you want a doctor that will actually HELP you, then you just found her. Her treatment plan and kind words have completely changed my life. I don't think I would be where I am today if I had not been seeing her. Call ahead and see if there is a wait. Worst case scenario, go 15 minutes late to your appointment. She never turns anyone away for being late. But whatever you do, SEE THIS DOCTOR.

Too bad they don't have Negative Stars... show details Too bad they don't have Negative Stars...
May 30th, 2012

Well, first time patient, had to wait a month to see the doctor. Checked in 20 minutes prior to my appointment time of 4 pm. Took off from work early to make this appointment and have to make up the hours. No one advised me that there was a wait. Upon talking to others in the waiting area, I found they were waiting for the same doctor and were already past their appointment times. When it came to be a hour past my appointment time, and almost 2 hours for the person with the time slot prior to mine (who still had not been called back), I decided to get my money back and will find a doctor that actually cares about their patients. The office staff never advised there was a wait time, much less 2 hour wait time, and when I requested my money back and advised that they just lost a patient, the staff was very non-chalant and took another 5 minutes to refund my money. There was a robotic "Sorry" as I walked out the door, but no eye contact, no apologies. Cannot actually rate the doctor, but if they run as inefficiently and careless as their staff, then you should definitely seek treatment elsewhere. If you have anxiety, this will only excaserbate your condition.

Oct 2nd, 2011

You wait 45 minutes in the outer office, she comes back from lunch when she is good and ready, never apologizes for the wait, listentens (allegedly as she could be balancing her check book), then after 9 minutes she hands you a script that no one has ever heard of and says "get with me in a month and lets see how you're doing". If it doesn't work YOU HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH. There's several hours and alot money (not to mention time from work) none of which you'll ever get back. Don't waste you time or money, Sally Struthers signed her diploma

Waiting.... show details Waiting....
Jan 18th, 2011

Always always always behind. A great doctor, but shame on me for being on time. I always wait over an hour!