Adolescent Specialist, Addiction Medicine Specialist, Psychiatrist

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Lack of respect for patient's time show details Lack of respect for patient's time
by Jennifer Rowe on Nov 6th, 2015

Dr. Anne Mian is very unprofessional with respect to her patients time. She is ALWAYS; I walked in with her for my 11:30 appt, I got to the waiting room and her 10:00, 10:15, 10:30,10:45, 11:00, 11:15 and me were all there! I was told I could wait or reschedule!

Sep 9th, 2015

The doctor was extremely rude. She wouldn't give me the medications I've been on for over 10 years because of my age which is 26. She said she start a different plan but refused to tell me or even give me a hint as to what it was unless I cold turkey my meds I'm on now when I have epilepsy and continued to see her. Then she pushed me out of her office. She was rude, didn't explain much, and used my age as an excuse. Save your money and time and DO NOT SEE HER! She is wicked and shouldn't have a license.

NEVER go here show details NEVER go here
Jul 2nd, 2015

Both times I have visited this physician I have spent over 2 hours in the waiting room alone. She took my history the first visit and asked my reason for my visit and was talking into a recorder to translate into the computer instead of taking notes with a pen and paper or typing- very uncomfortable. Upon my second visit she told me she never got my history and I had to repeat everything AGAIN. Also she told me I needed to come back for a follow up appointment in a month AGAIN because she did not think that she diagnosed me properly the FIRST visit. VERY unprofessional, will be seeking another physician ASAP.

Jun 27th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

bedside manner good communication good and appointment setting good

Jun 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

They lost my appointment , had 3 different patients booked for a 1:00 appointment picked up clients over 2 hrs late.makes and accepts personal calls during sessions, and only spend about 5mins with pacient not really showing any concern for the pacient

Jun 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I waiting 6 weeks for the appointment. When I got to the apt my blood pressure was elevated. Would not prescribe any ADHD medication that I need to complete my tasks at work properly . She referred me to see a general MD first. Not happy

Jun 21st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

The initial visit was ok. My follow up was horrible! Waited over an hour & ended up leaving w/o being seen. All I needed was a med refill, which she did, but she charged me my co-pay even though I never even saw her. The office staff is also unpleasant.

Jun 19th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Worst experience ever do not recommend at all won't be going back to this lady.

Jun 18th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Anne Mian has helped me a great deal. She has identified issues that have been overlooked by other Psychiatrists for years. I would recommend her to anyone.

Jun 2nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

The wait is always so long.

Apr 17th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Anne is very nice and terrific person. She cares a lot about her patients. I will not change her for another doctor.

Apr 11th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is an attentive physician although it is tiresome that she consistently runs late for every appointment. If you have the time to wait she's worth it.

Apr 8th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Waiting an hour always is not fun...

Apr 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Patient information suited my needs very well. Thank you!

Apr 2nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I didnt get warm fuzzies. I didnt get the feeling she really wanted to understand what I am going through. She could have been more personal. Also i waited long past my appt time before she saw me.

Mar 30th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Easy to talk to and makes you feel at ease. Only con is I always wait to be seen - anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. Besides that I recommend Dr. Main.

Mar 25th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Anne Mian is easy to talk to and she listens to me. She takes a thorough history. We discuss what is going on in my life and how my medication is helping and whether or not it needs to be increased or stay the same. Staff got me in quickly.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Wonderful doctor! show details Wonderful doctor!
by Stephanie McDonald on Mar 24th, 2015

She is just a gem of a person. I cried my eyes out in her office and she didn't rush me out. People that complain about the wait do not understand her job requires a caring heart and time. I am understanding she runs late because I know she gives me the time when I am in her office. Unlike other doctors I have seen, she treats me like I am a person, not a number. A good doctor is definitely worth the wait! Since my crying outburst, she has got me on the right track and my life has come together wonderfully. I don't know where I would be today without her help. I would give her 6 stars if it was possible!

Mar 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Most everything was fine but I had to wait two hours till I saw the Doctor.

Mar 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Overall I recommend her, however her wait time is unnecessarily long. I've had to wait close to 2 hours to see her. One time she thought I was another person and it wasn't until we reviewed my meds that she realized she had the wrong patient.

Mar 21st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

This was my first visit. Although I did wait an hour before seeing Dr. Amina I was pleased with her professionalism and assessment.

Mar 19th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

We had to wait an hour and a half for our appointment because she was running behind. We have seen Dr. Mian several times and she always puts us at ease and doesn't rush our appointment but frequently is running late and we always wait at least 30 mins.

Mar 18th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Appointments never on time

Mar 18th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I been seen Dr. Annie miann for 6 years . She is the best doctor in town She been keeped me stabilized for all these years . I'm so happy ! I have a family my husband and my two children They are pleased wirh Dr. Annie .

Mar 11th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Always very nice and very professional.

Mar 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian was able to diagnosed my issues and has helped me during a time of great stress. She prescribed medication that has successfully treated my condition. I would highly recommend Dr. Mian to anyone needing help.

Mar 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

This was my 2nd visit to have SSD paperwork filled out and had to pay twice and still paperwork not fillout out due to her not seeing my records from 2003 that was on paperwork from visit with husband 11/2014.

Mar 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Mian has been very accurate during my sessions. She listens, ask the right questions and evaluates what is needed . What I really like about Dr.Mian is that she never pushes medication as the answer, but diagnoses with facts & proceeds with caution.

Feb 28th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

The office staff were very welcoming,warm and friendly. I enjoyed the feel of the office compared to a larger busier institutional feeling. Dr.Mian was compassionate and took the time to listen and offer suggestions and advise. Highly recommend her servic

Feb 27th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is an excellent psychiatrist. I highly recommend her to others.

Feb 26th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian takes her time with me which is exactly what I need. I never feel rushed. She is not just a prescription pad. Every time I visit with her she gets better and better with appointment promptness. I would recommend her to anyone I kno

Feb 11th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is a professional psychologist with a kind demeanor. She recalls history from my last visits without checking my chart and asks pertinent questions. I've never had an issue with her Rx policy in the 5 years I've seen her. Glad owns practice

Feb 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is very easy to talk to and listens readily. She's patient and understanding and I would recommend her to anyone seeking a psychiatrist.

Feb 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is awesome. I am lucky to have her.

Feb 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Anne Mian is an excellent psychiatrist. Cordial, compassionate, and with a concern that I understand the effects of the medication I take. At 79, I appreciate her explation of meds on an aging person. Her office is lovely.

Understanding show details Understanding
Feb 4th, 2015

Dr Mian has started her new practice and has a brand new staff to help her. She is no longer associated with the old practice that caused her long wait times. Dr Mian is professional and has a great wealth of psychological knowledge and understanding. She is caring and understands you where you are. She spends just enough time with you that you need and you can get your medications filled

Feb 4th, 2015

Dr. Anne Mian is a wonderful caring doctor. She takes the time to listen and inquires further for any hidden issues you may not be aware of. The office staff is wonderful and always delightful when greeting someone when they walk in. The wait time to see the doctor may be a little long at times but when it comes to excellent care I would rather have the doctor spend the time with myself or someone else if that is what is needed to help myself or the individual. Dr. Mian isn’t dealing with acute physical problems she is dealing with psychological and emotional issues and may require more time. I myself understand this going to the office for my own treatment.

Quick Appointments Short Wait show details Quick Appointments Short Wait
by Anonymous on Feb 4th, 2015

Dr. Anne Mian has been my Psychiatrist for over 8 years now. I have followed her from her previous practice where she did not have any control over her hours or her patients. BEFORE I USED to wait for an hour and a half to two hours at Orlando Behavioral Health. Now I can get an appointment the next day and I only wait for 15 minutes in the waiting room. What a big difference having her own practice now!

Feb 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Wonderful doctor

Jan 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is the most compassionate psychiatric that I have had the pleasure to work with..You know immediately that she truly cares about you getting better and will work diligently until she gets your meds right and you feeling better. Big heart!

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Dr Anne Mian is very patient and lind show details Dr Anne Mian is very patient and lind
Jan 28th, 2015

Dr Mian does not rush through your appointment. She gives each patient as much time as needed to address the problem. I have treated with her for 5 years and would not see any other psychiatrist.

Jan 15th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian was throrough and able to put my mom at ease. She communicated clearly and didn't make us feel like she had someplace else to be. I found her very approachable, easy to take with, and knowledgeable.

Jan 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is great but her punctuality is awful. I always wait at least 30-45 minutes in the waiting room. Once I waited an hour and 30 minutes. That is my only criticism of Dr Mian

Jan 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

They do double book appointments and have a normal wait of at least an hour past your appointment time.

Jan 9th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Anne mian is a very very good doctor . I been seen her for about 5 years and I have not get sick depress or any anxiety . She management my pregnantsy . Didn't have any depress problem everything went so smooth . I'm so glad to funded her ..

Jan 7th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I appreciate Dr. Mian because she is honest with me. The support she provides me is meaningful. I leave her office feeling good and that the treatment we've discuseed is the best way to go forward.

Dec 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Fantastic bedside manner. Very nice, professional lady. I would recommend without hesitation.

Dec 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been seeing Dr. Ann for several years now. She is great. I trust her completely and she has done nothing but take my best interest at heart. She has helped me through rough times, and now, she is seeing the good times. Thanks Dr. Ann

Dec 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Md did not come to the office until 1/2 hour after my appointment time.

Dec 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I did not get called until 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, even after showing up 20 minutes early for new patient paperwork.

Nov 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much! :)

Nov 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been seeing Dr Mian for almost 4 yrs now...I really appreciate her knowledge and sincere concern. The only problem is the wait time for her. Today was the best at about 45 minutes. Last appt. I waited over 2 hours.

Nov 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Anne Mian is very pleasant and seems genuinely concerned for my wellbeing. My only problem with Dr. Mian is that she does not value my time. I have never waited less than 30 minutes for my appointment and I have waited up to 2 hours.

Nov 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Until this lady can figure out a way to be on time, there is no way I could recommend her. It's a sign of disrespect to her patients for her habitual tardiness. Don't take my word for it. Just Goggle her and you'll see. I waited an 1.5 hours.

Nov 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is a good doctor. One of her best qualities is she will spend as much time as you need speaking with her. However she is never less than 30 minutes late and usually more like 1 hour . An appt. with her is your whole day lost.

Nov 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Wait time way too long. If not for her other strengths I would consider another doctor.

Nov 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. A Mian has always performed to the best of her ability and has always been professional. I've been a a loyal patient for more than 6 years.

Oct 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I feel safe, she answer all of the questions you may have. I love her, I don't have any complaints. I have been with her since 2009.

Oct 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient with Dr. Ann for several years. I find her to be an awesome person. That is why I see her. She has always had my care as her number one priority. She is soft spoken and just the perfect doctor for me and you.

Oct 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian has a warm personality and takes her time to gather relevant information. I appreciated her ability to see me the same day that I called and for not waiting for my scheduled appointment time once arriving.

Oct 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

She is good. Not just a prescription psychiatrist! I would, however, bring something to read or craft (i knit) to work on if you are a new patient as the shorter appts. will be seen first regardless of appt. time.

Oct 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

She is the most caring and considerate psychiatrist I have ever met. I had to go through several therapist before I found her. She doesn't just doesn't write you perscriptions; she wants to know how you are feeling; mentally. Awesome Dr.!

Oct 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is always professional and has help me tremendously. She has been very diligent to find the right medications for me.

Oct 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Referred to her by my family Doctor He was right about her ability to assist me. I have referred others to her that I thought could use her assistance.

Sep 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Companionate and concerned. I felt she gave me the time to discuss my concerns. I didn't feel rushed through the appointment.

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Anne Mian is truly dedicated to her psychiatric practice. Her questions hit to the root of the problem & a progressive care plan is established. Her directions are clear & understandable. Thank you for Dr. Mian for outstanding work!

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I trust her and feel really comfortable with her..

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I liked the doctor. I felt she was knowledgeable, easy to talk to and asked me pertinent questions and answered my questions. I agree with her recommended course of therapy. The only negative I encountered was her office staff.

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Have had just one appointment with Dr. Mian but she was very prompt, listened carefully, I didn't feel rushed and she spoke with me at length. Best experience I've had with a psychiatrist and I would highly recommend her.

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent doctor! She takes her time to talk to you and get to know you. Because of that, she can run behind in time and you may have to wait. Out of everyone waiting to see her, no one was angry or complaining. Just praises of she is worth the wait.

Sep 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

You can tell the receptionist is new. Very helpful but forgot to schedule an appt for mos. I am sure things will begin to flow with time.

Sep 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Had to wait OVER 2 HOURS!!!!!!! Was ridiculous... She overbooks ALL the time. I like her as a DR. Or I would never sit for 2 hours and waste my entire day for Dr. Appt. unless you are retired and can sit and wait. Look for an

Sep 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great Dr. Wonderful bedside manner. Nice to talk to. The treatment I am recieving is working and I feel much better. I would recommend Dr. Mian to friends and family.

Sep 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been with Dr Mian for a number of years now and am relatively satisfied with he on a whole, but I always have to wait at least 30 to 45 minutes after my appointment is scheduled. Today I waited 1 and 1/2 hours quite frankly I was angry.

Aug 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian spent a great deal of time getting to know me and my background. I needed to feel validated and she did that. Upon my second visit, she was open to my concerns and willing to make changes that were comfortable for me. She is worth waiting for.

Aug 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I had to wait for 1.5 hours to see Dr. Mian for a 15 min appointment. This is a regular thing I expect.

Aug 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is a great person. She is kind, gives great advice and always listens to your problems with great understanding. Would recommend her to everybody.

Aug 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have seen other doctors, and Dr. Mian seems to be wonderful. I am placing great hope in her.

Aug 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Anne is a very good listener. She suggested medications to help my concerns.

Aug 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have an anxiety condition that needed a medication increase. Dr. Moan refused to listen to reason. I have a very real concern w/anxiety & nervousness throughout the day that is not being medicated. If it continues to go unregulated, I may have to leave.

Aug 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is very kind, caring, and easy to talk to. She listens as well, and the plan of care is always clear before you leave the office.

Aug 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian shows genuine care and concern. She takes the time to listen and remembers things that were discussed in previous appointments, this was not the case with my former provider. I feel like a client and not a number.

Aug 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The front staff has failed miserably at customer service and organizational skills. Hopefully this is due to the practice being new. A plan, equipment, and capable staff would have been helpful before seeing patients. Although Dr. Mian is professional.

Aug 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mi Anne is excellent . I been seen her about 4 year . I haven't have any problem ones ever with my depprecion or my panic attac . I recommen her to anybody is In trouble with mental or fiscal ill . Thank you

Jul 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is one doctor who really listens to what I have to say (out of about 6 doctors). She does not rush me out of her office the same way many other doctors do. She always addresses my concerns and prescribes an individual treatment plan.

Jul 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Anne has been very thorough in her time with me, and I feel very cared about as a patient. I would recommend her to any one.

Jul 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Waiting almost an hour is UNACCEPTABLE. If I show up early to keep your office visits going smoothly, the least you can do is be on time, or at least within 15 minutes. If your office is always that way put more time between appointments!

Jul 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mian is a wonderful doctor who takes the time to really address your concerns and to make sure that you are doing well. She doesn't just write out a script and say goodbye. She shows compassion. Be prepared to wait in her office since she runs late.

Jul 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Mian truly cares about my well being! She is real! I can't ask for much more.

Jul 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Mian is very kind and considerate. I never feel rushed when I'm speaking with her during an appointment now that Dr. Mian has her own practice, I was extremely pleased to see that she takes my insurance and my wait time was very short!

Horrible show details Horrible
May 20th, 2014

While waiting for my appoint I found papers in the waiting room that someone had typed out regarding this doctor and her office. It was all bad reviews and warning not to see her or stay within the practice. The office staff was extremely rude.

You're on time, she never is show details You're on time, she never is
Apr 23rd, 2014

Every single time I've been here it's been a minimum of an hour wait. I've waited over 2 hours before. And you wait all that time for a 5 min session. It's absolutely ridiculous. I got my script filled and will be finding a new doctor.

Awful Doctor, Awful Person show details Awful Doctor, Awful Person
by Jason on Feb 26th, 2014

Always late showing up to work and 1 - 3 hour wait times before being seen. Also, screens patients to see if they are "compatible". If she doesn't like you, she'll consistently double book your appointments until you have no choice, but to find another doctor. She is a truly horrible psychiatrist and person.

Don't waste your time, literally!!!! show details Don't waste your time, literally!!!!
by Steve on Feb 13th, 2014

Dr Mian doesn't value your time as a person, much less a patient. Numerous times I have scheduled appointments that always end up being at least an hour later than scheduled. She is very inconsiderate and slightly condescending. I would highly recommend ANY other Dr before choosing her.

Sep 4th, 2013

First time patient. I did not see her until three hours after my appointment. While I was waiting she walked the person before me out and spoke across the room to his mother what they had discussed. While I was in her office (all of ten minutes) she answered her cell phone and proceeded to talk on it. She decided to ignore the family history of anxiety and depression and told me I lack coping skills and need to see one of her therapists. Which is what she had told the person before me. She completely ignored what I had to say. I had to wait for three hours after the appointment. She announced to the entire waiting room what was talked about between her and the other patient. She spent almost half the time I was in her office on her cell phone. And had her text message noise going off the entire time. Needless to say, I will NEVER be going back.

Update show details Update
by E on Sep 3rd, 2013

Dr called personally to apologize and offer a refund. I dont like the wait, but she is good so ill go back.

Prepare to wait, and wait, and wait... show details Prepare to wait, and wait, and wait...
Mar 13th, 2013

Totally disrespectful of your time. Saw Dr. Mian about 6 times, and waited longer and longer with each visit. The last time, I waited over 2 hours. I complained and she said that I should just come for my appointments one hour later than scheduled. Seriously. That's her idea of time management. Once I called with a medical emergency. It was after hours. Spoke to the on call "doctor." He finally told me he couldn't help me, because he was really a "counselor" not an MD. So I said call Dr. Mian. He refused, saying he couldn't bother her at this late hour. Stay away from this practice. They are charlatans.

AMAZING! Literally the best doctor in Orlando/Maitland! show details AMAZING! Literally the best doctor in Orlando/Maitland!
Sep 15th, 2012

This doctor is simply amazing. She really cares about what you're going through. She takes the time to listen and understand what it is her patient needs. Yes, the previous posts are not wrong about there being a bit of a wait for her but it's COMPLETELY worth the wait. The reason she falls behind is because she is an amazing doctor that takes time to get to know her patients. She wants to make sure to come up with an effective treatment plan. I'd choose her over a doctor that rushes through all their appointments staying on time, but doing little to help their patients. If you want a doctor that will actually HELP you, then you just found her. Her treatment plan and kind words have completely changed my life. I don't think I would be where I am today if I had not been seeing her. Call ahead and see if there is a wait. Worst case scenario, go 15 minutes late to your appointment. She never turns anyone away for being late. But whatever you do, SEE THIS DOCTOR.

Too bad they don't have Negative Stars... show details Too bad they don't have Negative Stars...
May 30th, 2012

Well, first time patient, had to wait a month to see the doctor. Checked in 20 minutes prior to my appointment time of 4 pm. Took off from work early to make this appointment and have to make up the hours. No one advised me that there was a wait. Upon talking to others in the waiting area, I found they were waiting for the same doctor and were already past their appointment times. When it came to be a hour past my appointment time, and almost 2 hours for the person with the time slot prior to mine (who still had not been called back), I decided to get my money back and will find a doctor that actually cares about their patients. The office staff never advised there was a wait time, much less 2 hour wait time, and when I requested my money back and advised that they just lost a patient, the staff was very non-chalant and took another 5 minutes to refund my money. There was a robotic "Sorry" as I walked out the door, but no eye contact, no apologies. Cannot actually rate the doctor, but if they run as inefficiently and careless as their staff, then you should definitely seek treatment elsewhere. If you have anxiety, this will only excaserbate your condition.

Oct 2nd, 2011

You wait 45 minutes in the outer office, she comes back from lunch when she is good and ready, never apologizes for the wait, listentens (allegedly as she could be balancing her check book), then after 9 minutes she hands you a script that no one has ever heard of and says "get with me in a month and lets see how you're doing". If it doesn't work YOU HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH. There's several hours and alot money (not to mention time from work) none of which you'll ever get back. Don't waste you time or money, Sally Struthers signed her diploma

Waiting.... show details Waiting....
Jan 18th, 2011

Always always always behind. A great doctor, but shame on me for being on time. I always wait over an hour!