Dr. Anne Missavage MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

February 12th, 2014
Best Surgeon ever
This woman is wonderful she is the only reason I am alive today, made the people who worked on the amputation before look like amateurs. If you want someone to coddle you do not go here she is direct the way I like it. I have undergone multiple surgeries by her and each one I recovered from quickly. I would not go to anyone else for my surgical needs unless I had too.

April 13th, 2012
Great surgeon
After being passed up by two previous doctors Dr. Missavage took my problem seriously and had me properly diagnosed and into the surgery room within the hour. Though she might present herself boldly she is very knowledgeable and straight forward with your choices and possible outcomes. She did save me a great deal of complications that were soon to come and I am very thankful for that. I would highly recommend Dr. Missavage to anyone.

November 15th, 2011
Straight shooter, incredibly talented
Dr. Missavage tells it like it is. If you want it sugar coated, she's not for you. However she is incredibly an incredibly talented and gifted surgeon. Talk to her for a few minutes and you know how much she loves what she does. Talk to the staff at the hospital and you will find that all her know her are amazed at what she can accomplish with wounds. She may come off as abrasive sometimes (not to me or my husband), but she also is a caring physician. On a personal note you will either love her or hate her. My husband and I love her. She saved his life on at least 2 occasions. However as a critical care surgeon she would be hard to beat.

May 26th, 2011
We were referred to this doctor by a trusted primary doctor to treat a chest wound due to radiation treatment. The condition didn't improve over a two-year period . Only when the patient moved out of state and changed doctors did we find out that hyperbaric treatment has been used repeatedly and successfully for this condition. This doctor never mentioned it, and in general had a callous approach to the patient and her medical condition. In a new setting, with hyperbaric treatment combined with autologous fat injections, the patient has improved markedly.

January 11th, 2011
Rude, combative and inappropriate
My experience with Dr. Missavage was as my father's caretaker. He was in septic shock and a medically induced coma for the majority of a 39 day stay in the ICU. I can honestly say that among the horrors of the entire experience our dealings with Dr. Missavage ranked as one of the worst. Her demeanor was rude, condescending, combative and entirely inappropriate. Her resident even felt the need to sheepishly apologize for her after she would leave the room. I have never had a more awful experience with a doctor. After a third interaction with her, by far the worst, I filed an official complaint (it was hinted to me by hospital staff that it was not her first) and thankfully had her removed from my father's care. I think her behavior was deplorable and her professional advice proved to be incorrect and delivered in a judgmental and curt way. Frankly, I would be happy if she were barred from practicing medicine. I believe her to be a horrible doctor, and wouldn't wish her "care" on anyone.

January 3rd, 2011
Uncaring Doctor
Dr. Missavage is rude, uncaring and did NOT take care of my mother. She basically refused to treat or even look at wounds that my mom had and because of that, the wounds are now very serious. I would recommend finding another dcotor if you're even remotely considering her.

February 3rd, 2010
Great Doctor
First she shoots strait from the hip...no sugar coating your condition, and I really appreciate that about her. She always has a plan, and a back-up if need be. If you have a question she doesn't have a problem explainning it until you totally understand what shes saying! Highly recommended.

September 6th, 2009
Great care
Dr M took over from UM Burn Center -- great followup for open wounds. Highly recommend!

October 15th, 2008
I was in the hospital after 3 months dealing with an open wound. She came in took one look and said we need to take care of that now. I was in surgery in an hour. It was so nice to finally have someone listen to me and take what I was saying and do something about it.

September 30th, 2008
Dr. Missavage
She is the rudest, most insensitve doctor I have ever been to. She misdiagnosed me and accused me of inflicting my condition upon myself. If she doesn't know, she blames the patient rather than research the condition.