Dr. Anne Rothman MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Montgomery Village, MD

3.4

February 26th, 2012
Life saver
OK, it was a skin condition, not quite life and death, but I had persistent severe itching on my feet for YEARS that was driving me mad, and I saw 4 different dermatologists. Dr. Rothman was the first that actually gave me more than 1 minute of her time, and not only did we have a proper conversation about symptoms and creams, but she was the first doctor to take a skin sample and examine under a microscope. She diagnosed the problem correctly the first time, and my itching went away permanently. I'm wary of dermatologists now, but strongly recommend Dr. Rothman because she cared enough to help.

October 22nd, 2010
I have found Dr. Rothman to be thorough, effective and friendly. She managed to remove a bothersome skin tag from my eyelid with no damage to the tissue at all.

September 3rd, 2010
After My Second Visit, I Realized I Will Never Go Back
Dr. Anne Rothman has a very "big city" attitude, despite being a suburban doctor. I would've expected this from a physician in Washington, DC, and not one located in a working class neighborhood of Gaithersburg. Scheduling an appointment with the doctor was easy. As a new patient I was able to see her within two weeks; for a follow up visit, within a week. That was the only positive aspect of the visits, unfortunately. The wait time in the office was approximately 20 minutes, followed by a wait time of another 20 minutes in the exam room. At my second visit, I spent a total of 45 minutes waiting for Dr. Rothman, and a total of 4 minutes with her. No apology or an excuse for the wait. The appointment involved mild acne on my jaw line. Dr. Rothman originally prescribed a topical ointment that resulted in a rash. I returned hoping to receive another prescription in light of the effects, and explained this to both the physicians assistant who spoke to me briefly before Dr. Rothman entered the room, and then to the doctor herself. Despite my concerns, Dr. Rothman advised the reaction was because of dry skin and to simply apply lotion on top of the ointment. I did as told, and the rash reappeared and was worse than before. A subsequent visit to another dermatologist revealed the rash was an allergic reaction to the ointment. I had scheduled the appointment with Dr. Rothman thinking a suburban doctor would spend more time with the patient, the bedside manner would be less aloof, and the wait time would entail a few minutes in the office and a few minutes in the exam room. I was wrong. I do not recommend Dr. Anne Rothman, and will not be returning to see her again.